The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2018 6:08 pm  #21

Re: Reddington and his Navy Career

Honey West wrote:

So in Dec. of the year of the fire (we think), Red was coming home on leave to see his family. On leave from somewhere, but did they actually say the Navy? I can't remember. Katarina implied in Requiem that both sides would soon know about their affair. So was Red allowed to remain in the Navy after that supposedly came out? Was he ever investigated at the time? That's why I think he was being blackmailed into doing something covert. But I haven't figured out how that fits into the timeline of what we think we know. I need to go back and digest. I think I really need to make my own "wall of clues". LOL!

This is Raymond Reddington.  If he was a smooth operator back then as he is now, he could have said she was a source that he seduced to get info.  They may not have been concerned about that. Spies are given a lot of leeway to do what they want. Do we ever have any other evidence that the affair was uncovered by intelligence officers other than KR's word?   Kirk is the only person outside of the couple who talks about the affair because he had discovered it and had almost killed Red.  I don't recall people like Velov talking about it?  The Director appeared to know things (he apparently knew KR enough to tell Liz she looked like her mother and he said to Red that he knew who Red was to Liz). 

1/16/2018 3:04 am  #22

Re: Reddington and his Navy Career

Another thought I wanted to throw out there and forgot when I posted this. (Like we need another one )

Donald called him a highly respected Officer.  An Officer needed a college degree.
He has commented on his memory before and might have been able to get that degree a little faster than the average bear.  I do not know if they still allow them to test out of classes but back in that time frame you could test out of certain classes.

The fact that he was being groomed for Admiral made me think he was being promoted through things as opposed to having to wait the amount of time it takes to earn rank.

Being as smart as he is, he could have graduated early. He might have just turned 17 when he went in which gives us an extra year for him to do the things he has done.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

Board footera