The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2023 11:19 am  #21

Re: Episodes 10.21 / 10.22 - Pt. 1 & Raymond Reddington: Good Night

RedIsMyCoPilot wrote:

Have you all heard the latest about how Agnes's telling 'Pinky' they were such a mom and the reply was “I guess I just can’t help it.” makes folks think they were confirming REDERINA?

Yes, I noticed that and I regarded it as a shoutout to the Redarina contingent of fandom. What it boils down to is that it doesn't really matter in the end. Red is Red and lived his life as Red. Red would have had to be both mother and father to Liz, except she didn't even know him until she joined the FBI, of course. And I'm sure Red felt the same way about Agnes. But, since they never came right out and hit us over the head with a sign that said "Red is really Katarina", then they still leave it open for debate, discussion, and speculation, IMHO. It's just part of the mythology of Raymond Reddington.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

7/15/2023 8:39 pm  #22

I didn't view that exchange as confirming Rederina, although I agree with HW that it was a shout out, as was the line from the new computer guy about how he was comfortable about his wife liking Red for some reason.

I'll probably re-watch both episodes at some point this summer when I'm less annoyed. I'm sure there were things I missed. For example: why was Ressler showing that old photo of Red instead of a current one? That would give some credibility to setting up the prequel. Someone who slightly resembled James at that age could be the lead.

For right now, I'm going with the theory that the Red we know was a brother (twin or otherwise) to the one that Liz shot. And if he was a twin, he may have been Liz's real father because he spent the night with Katerina at some point. I don't know -- maybe he got caught in the house and had to pretend he was the other twin?

That could be a very interesting mini-series, at least. But it would take some sharp writing! Good spy stories take time and skill to craft.

Added: I'm not totally discounting the Rederina theory -- but I think that was something the two showrunners fought over -- one liked the concept and one didn't. As a writer, I like the twin theory because that will be easier to sell to networks. It could also be set up that one twin is raised in Russia and one in America and that they don't know about each other . . .

But, no one asked me!

Last edited by IowaWatcher (7/15/2023 9:26 pm)

7/17/2023 8:26 pm  #23

So...does the bull get the $500,000 reward money from the FBI?

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

7/18/2023 7:35 pm  #24

LOL, Colleen! Sure! And maybe Ressler can have some of it to open up a small resident facility for recovering pain pill addicts.

7/19/2023 5:23 pm  #25

Named the KEEN PRITCHARD FACILITY

7/19/2023 8:24 pm  #26

That's a great name!

10/30/2023 6:46 pm  #27

I miss the Blacklist.
I was thinking about the characters the other day.
That show had such promise.

Happy Halloween!

Last edited by IowaWatcher (10/30/2023 6:47 pm)

11/06/2023 1:26 pm  #28

I agree, IW! I was going to rewatch some of this season, but they disappeared from my DVR'd stuff when some other shows' "repeats" recorded as "new"s and took up all the space! Oh well. Maybe I will dig out season 1 one of these days and start over. :-)

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

Board footera