The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2023 8:46 pm  #1

Episode 10.11 - The Man in the Hat

"When Red is identified as a possible hostage during a deli robbery in Philadelphia, Dembe and Ressler take action; back in D.C., Senator Panabaker evaluates the task force's dealings with Red while Siya digs deeper into her mother's past."

See you all later!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/07/2023 10:38 pm  #2

Re: Episode 10.11 - The Man in the Hat

Nibbling on an angel food cup cake dunked in strawberry Greek yogurt. I'm on vacation this week!

I confess: I didn't really understand tonight's episode. It seemed like it was a convoluted way
to show that Siya Malik is adopted and to bring Panabaker back into the fold. I'm not sure why
that whole hostage situation had to take place, or why Dembe didn't check the entire building
to see if Red was still hiding somewhere. That was a plot hole large enough to drive
an SUV through it.

I dunno. Maybe I'm missing something.

5/09/2023 10:15 am  #3

I didn't get the episode either. Non-numbered episodes used to either focus on the mythology or a specific character. This one seems a pure filler with some plot lines that could just as well have been placed in a regular episode. 

5/09/2023 10:42 am  #4

I guess it was one of those stories about how clever Red can be to outsmart everyone. Written by Daniel Cerone, it was full of twists and turns. I wasn't surprised that Red was hiding in the basement the whole time until everyone left. I also wasn't surprised that he shot the bad guy. I liked that he was generous with his fellow hostages in the end. They might write a memoir down the road, but they will keep quiet.

Not sure where they are going with the Siya was adopted story, unless it is to reinforce that everything is never as it seems in the Blacklist universe. Another girl with parental ID issues.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/09/2023 9:34 pm  #5

As Matt and Jess said in their youtube: The Blacklist is recycling the adoption story. If this weren't the last season, I'd start thinking about not watching the show. The chemistry isn't there and the writing is
hit and miss. But I'll stick with it.

6/08/2023 1:58 pm  #6

I always go back to W Bulger bio for clues (& to non-fic book Sword and the Shield for story about Sikorsky Archive as real deal with long story in Wash Post in 90s by Ronald Kessler, yep). Around 1991, Bulger and Weeks, associates Patrick and Michael Linskey, got winning Mass Lottery ticket, bought at store he owned. 4 shared a prize of around US$14M. I suspect Man in the Hat gives a nod to this Whitey true tale. Bulger also wore fedoras, and we all know his long time girlfriends lawyer was Kevin Reddington.

Last edited by Redscot (6/08/2023 1:58 pm)

Board footera