The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2021 3:04 pm  #1

Bokenkamp Exiting The Blacklist

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/24/2021 7:34 pm  #2

Re: Bokenkamp Exiting The Blacklist

Well, he always said the show would end when Red's identity was revealed.  I'm sure what we saw the last two weeks was pretty much the ending he always had in mind. Bokenkamp's show was a story about Red AND Liz, so his departure doesn't surprise me.  There have been rumors about him leaving for a couple of weeks.

With Bokenkamp and Boone gone, I'm out now.  I always watched the show for both Spader and Boone.  I didn't like it very much when Liz was not in episodes this year.

7/25/2021 1:28 pm  #3

I'll watch a few episodes but I'm not going to expend a lot of brain cells on the plot. If they can't write clearly and engage me, I'll find something else to watch.

7/26/2021 12:25 am  #4

IW, 

The show has always been about Red and Liz. It will be hard to stay interested. But I was thinking about the fact that Liz has been having hallucinations for a long time.  There is no reason for me to think it isn't especially after seeing her with Kate.  The last 2 episodes don't make sense to me otherwise. 
This would be one time I would really welcome a comeback.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

7/26/2021 12:45 pm  #5

I predict that the show will end with someone waking up in a mental hospital and saying "And you were there, too!" I was thinking it would be Liz, but unless she does make a final ep guest appearance, that won't happen. I've often wondered if it was Red that was the one. He has exhibited some pretty odd behavior over the years. Maybe Dembe will end up being the hospital orderly who takes care of him. Or her. Because since Reddington has been the "creation" of Katarina, it could be that he is just a wild figment of her imagination after a major mental breakdown all those years ago. After all, we've often asked how could Red possibly have actually done all the things he's said he's done? He could, if he was a fantasy.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

8/14/2021 7:37 am  #6

Lets never forget The Blacklist existed mainly thru the marvelous portrayal and character creation of Red Reddington as played by the masterful James Spader. Other characters were built to service the master - Liz was the main device required to springboard Reddington into FBI service. All the characters, including some amazing Black-Listers serve at the behest of Reddington/Spader. 
Yes, great writing is required in order to pull the entire affair off. For the most part the writing was strong to terrific. 
The biggest weakness of TBL was and always will be CONTINUITY. Some major flaws in this regards starting around Season 4. 
Try to imagine this show without James Spader, without Reddington. Its impossible. 
If the show-runners can find a major talent to play the protagonist vs. Spader's Reddington it might actually be more watchable.
Note: Amy Acker is still available

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

8/14/2021 11:50 am  #7

Both grandmothers of little orphan Agnes are alive, yes? Both have long CVs of murder and mayhem. Both deceased parents of Agnes were skilled killers with tempers, thirsts for revenge and going rogue. Family tradition? Add angry Agent Park. Might a distaff Task Force 2.0 form that chases and/or terminates villains? Indeed, either or both of the two scorching Person of Interest females would be great additions. Pannabaker might acquiesce. Girls just wanna have fun.

Red: "Betraying [Katarina] would be like ... betraying myself."  (Season 7, Louis Steinhil part 1)

8/15/2021 1:11 am  #8

BBB, I agree. Continuity is an issue for me. 

Amy Acker would be a great addition to the show.  I still with they had kept the actress that Agent Park went crazy on and Red killed.

9/10/2021 2:42 pm  #9

Eastcoast wrote:

BBB, I agree. Continuity is an issue for me.

Amy Acker would be a great addition to the show. I still with they had kept the actress that Agent Park went crazy on and Red killed.

Prolly a bit late in the game to bring in Amazing Amy (Acker). She's usually inserted in flagging drama series fairly early to mid-point in the affair. Don't know if she'd be happy with a 1 year & Go contract.
In Alias she came on the last 2 seasons as villainess Kelly Peyton.
In Angel she was cast fairly early (but not at the beginning) as wispy, mousey Fred (burkle) and ended up morphing into a super-Goddess with ungodly powers - and a uniform that somehow transformed the slim 5'8", 125 lb. Acker into a near muscle goddess.
In Person of Interest Acker was cast as Root late in Season 1 as the arch-enemy of series hero (1 of them) Michael Emerson (Harold Finch) but by 10 or 12 episodes in Root had become an amazing anti-hero, one of the most magnificent female acting jobs in TV drama history. Root was absolutely beloved by the POI fanbase - and thats hard since she was up against perennial TV fan favorites Sarah Shahi & Taraji P Henson.

She'd be a crazy favorite amongst Blacklist fans - if they cast her in the right role!

9/21/2021 2:39 pm  #10

They've got to do something bold, in my opinion. A lot of people I know say that they are no longer going to watch the show, unless something in the previews piques their interest.

10/20/2021 12:39 am  #11

BBB, Acker would be a lovely edition. Maybe a guest appearance?

10/20/2021 3:19 pm  #12

Eastcoast wrote:

BBB, Acker would be a lovely edition. Maybe a guest appearance?

She'd be best cast as a super-villain/torturer who captures both Red & Dembe and enters into a full bore talking torture w/ Reddington and to a lesser extent Dembe to extract information and/or codes.

Roger Ebert refers to this as the curse of the talking killer - a killer so taken by engaging his victim(s) in tormented conversation they allow the heroes or their cavalry to make a final heroic escape or turn the tables on the villain.

Board footera