The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2018 2:11 pm  #41

Re: Questions I/We would like/Need Answered Before the Show Ends

Tatiana wrote:

What was in the Rostova file?

Troy Heinritz from The Blacklist Exposed asserts that the Rostova file references Constantin Rostov and the seriousness of his illness. He says, "It's more serious than I thought" (or something like it). The context is important too, given the arc of that point in the season it makes sense it was about Constantine since he hired Scottie

Red said, "It just keeps getting worse."  I personally don't think it was about Constantin. I think the Russians suspected Katarina did not die at Cape May. There may have been some info about sightings in Prague or elsewhere in Europe.

6/07/2018 11:12 am  #42

I tend to think it wasn't about Konstantin.   something darker, it seemed to me.  But what who knows.
Random thought - if Rederina, something someone discovered that could lead to Red.  Oh, Tuxie400 I think you wrote a similar idea.  But whatever it was, Red wanted that file badly, and when he got it, he was worried - so he found out something that he didn't already know.  

With Konstantin, Red never did anything about him, because as he said to Cooper, it wasn't until Kirk actually came after Liz that Red had to act. Another reason I don't think the news in the file was about Konstantin.

Not much time for TBL these days, but trying to dip in and at least keep up with new posts.....or I will be hopelessly lost!  LOL  

2/01/2019 1:43 am  #43

I updated the questions to include the one about the house in Rehoboth.  I wonder if he owned or rented.  Had way too much stuff in it for a rental in my opinion.  I have a ton of other stuff I want to add I am just too tired right now. lol 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/01/2019 10:33 am  #44

Jennifer said they rented the Rehoboth house.

2/01/2019 5:46 pm  #45

Tuxie, I know she said that, but I thought it was strange that they showed so much stuff in the closet.  There were work/uniform shirts hanging in there as well.  I was thinking even if they had staged another fire memory,  why would the closet be so stuffed full of stuff?  
Maybe she was put in the closet a lot and has some of the memories confused...  

2/15/2019 10:16 am  #46

There are so many questions left unanswered.  At this point, how would you feel if most of these are never answered?  And what would be your top five questions that you think must be answered by the last episode?

I feel that I don't care about most of these questions anymore.  These are the ones I think have to be answered.

1.  Who is Red really?
2.  Why did he come into Liz's life when he did?
3.  What really happened at the fire that night?
4. How do the Takoma Park house and ballerina girl fit into the story?
5. What was Katarina's real identity and what really happened to her?

The rest of the questions I could just let go, and I think those five could be wrapped up nicely in a two-parter.

2/15/2019 10:45 am  #47

Tuxie,

I agree, I've resorted myself to the fact that we won't have all our questions answered. When all is said and done I want to know either from the show reveals or the producers themselves the following:

1) What was the original concept for the show, was it based on a story or a real-life person, or a concept you wanted to put forth for society/viewers to see and consider and why/how did you have to change from your original course?
2) What is the purpose of mirrors, duplicate or similar names/stories, themes of children, abuse, truth, etc.?
3) Why did Red assume the identity of Reddington and what was his motivation for finally bursting into Liz's life?
4) There's a theme of buried secrets, of protecting secrets, of memories and brain injuries. What did you want us as an audience to learn about this and the psychological factors contributing to secrets?

I already told my husband I plan on going to Comic-Con in Chicago next month. I'd like to bend JB's ear a bit, but we shall see. I'd also like to find out how they interwove so many different stories from fiction and real-life into the story of TBL.

And I will BEG them to have a post-show symposium. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

2/15/2019 11:08 am  #48

Tatiana - I would hope some of your questions would be answered in a book or DVD following the series. The Lost guys put out such a book after that series ended. Maybe the myriad of questions we've compiled all along could be answered in that format too. 

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/15/2019 11:09 am)

2/15/2019 11:10 am  #49

Tatiana - Have fun at the Chicago Comic Con!  I doubt, at this point, you'd get any in-depth answers from Bokenkamp. But I hope you would.

2/15/2019 11:24 am  #50

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tatiana - I would hope some of your questions would be answered in a book or DVD following the series. The Lost guys put out such a book after that series ended. Maybe the myriad of questions we've compiled all along could be answered in that format too. 

Tuxie - that would be awesome and I surely would buy it. There's some die-hard TBL fans for sure that would likely buy it.

This is my first real venture into tv fandom since the advent of online social media so there's a lot of history I've missed out on. I've never had much time for tv or if I became a fan of a show, it was after the original airing. Actually the only three I've followed in the past 15 years has been Boston Legal, Chuck, and The Blacklist.

And since I don't really know the history, I don't know what shows usually 'do' or what fandom does. So thanks for filling me in!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

2/15/2019 12:36 pm  #51

Tatiana - I would surely buy a book or dvd that explained the unanswered questions and explained the writing deicisions.

2/22/2019 8:30 pm  #52

I am totally avoiding the episode discussion pages, because you guys will learn things way before it airs out here. But since they keep saying we will learn some of the reason why Red became the Concierge of Crime, etc. I thought I'd put this out there. I hope that we will learn, before the end of the show, whether or not Fitch knew Red was an imposter. I think this is a very important question. We already know that he knew Red couldn't use the Fulcrum against the Cabal all those years, because Red didn't have the cipher that Leonard Caul had to make it operational. That's not to say that maybe he couldn't have found Caul on his own, but did he know he needed Caul before Fitch gave him the info on the apartment in St Petersburg, which contained Caul's phone number? I don't think so. So Fitch knew all along Red was bluffing. So why keep Red alive? I think it's because he knew that they still needed to maintain the illusion that Raymond Reddington was alive and well and causing his own brand of mayhem in the world of the Cabal and the other entities that relied on thinking Reddington was alive. So, I think the "agreement" between Red and Fitch had to do with Fitch knowing Red was not Ray, and possibly that Fitch may have even known who Red really is. So maybe they were the ones who concocted the whole treason thing and maybe that was to finally lay RR to rest. But perhaps Red had other ideas, didn't plan to go quietly, and then became the real criminal. I think the reason may have been Liz. Because if they took out RR, they probably would get rid of her, too, or not be able to guarantee her safety or whatever. So Red had incentive to stay in the game.

I don't know. But I sure wonder if Fitch knew who he really is. Maybe it's no longer even important to the story, but I can't help but think somehow Fitch factors into this.

Just some thoughts...

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

2/23/2019 10:18 am  #53

Honey West wrote:

I am totally avoiding the episode discussion pages, because you guys will learn things way before it airs out here. But since they keep saying we will learn some of the reason why Red became the Concierge of Crime, etc. I thought I'd put this out there. I hope that we will learn, before the end of the show, whether or not Fitch knew Red was an imposter. I think this is a very important question. We already know that he knew Red couldn't use the Fulcrum against the Cabal all those years, because Red didn't have the cipher that Leonard Caul had to make it operational. That's not to say that maybe he couldn't have found Caul on his own, but did he know he needed Caul before Fitch gave him the info on the apartment in St Petersburg, which contained Caul's phone number? I don't think so. So Fitch knew all along Red was bluffing. So why keep Red alive? I think it's because he knew that they still needed to maintain the illusion that Raymond Reddington was alive and well and causing his own brand of mayhem in the world of the Cabal and the other entities that relied on thinking Reddington was alive. So, I think the "agreement" between Red and Fitch had to do with Fitch knowing Red was not Ray, and possibly that Fitch may have even known who Red really is. So maybe they were the ones who concocted the whole treason thing and maybe that was to finally lay RR to rest. But perhaps Red had other ideas, didn't plan to go quietly, and then became the real criminal. I think the reason may have been Liz. Because if they took out RR, they probably would get rid of her, too, or not be able to guarantee her safety or whatever. So Red had incentive to stay in the game.

I don't know. But I sure wonder if Fitch knew who he really is. Maybe it's no longer even important to the story, but I can't help but think somehow Fitch factors into this.

Just some thoughts...

Honey West - After last night's episode, do you have an answer about whether Fitch was in on something with Red or not?  At this point, I don't.  The December 1990 dates last night don't seem to fit with the earlier timeline we had.

10/18/2019 1:47 am  #54

I updated the questions a bit.   Still so may things to be answered.  

10/18/2019 1:47 pm  #55

Good job, Eastcoast! I wonder how many Cooper questions will get answered next week in the Kuwait episode (yet another title without a Blacklister #).

I had a thought as I was reading over the questions just now about the K carved on the tree. What if it doesn't refer to Katarina, what if it's Koslov?

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

10/22/2019 7:58 pm  #56

HW, I had thought that a while back after seeing Rassvet.   

I am also wondering if this KR might want the bones?  I have to wonder if she thinks he might have them. 
She said she has to give them what they want to save herself. What could they want??

I hope we get some answers to fill in from this episode.
It would be nice!!

Board footera