The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2019 2:07 am  #1

Phone call between Katarina and Fitch.

Katarina and Fitch Phone call 12.7.1990.

F- They pulled me out of a meeting.
 This better be important. 

K- Reddington knows.  He knows everything. 

F- Explain. 

K- He's discovered my identity.
  And the existence of the Cabal. 

F- Can he be contained? 

K- He took Masha. 

F- Eliminate him. 

K- He's a decorated officer.  His death would be investigated.
  Whatever they find, they will believe.
  But if we discredit him, The intelligence I stole,
 We leak that it came from him.  No one will believe him after that.
  Not with the blood of 134 Americans on his hands. 

F- Agent Rostova, I told you to eliminate him. 

K- And I'm telling you there's a better way. 

F- Because you're sleeping with him. 

K- Because he has proof that the Cabal exists, proof that would be released
 in the event of his death. 

F- The Fulcrum. 

K- And because I love his daughter.  My daughter. 

F- I want this mess cleaned up.
  Get rid of him or ruin him.
  Just get it done by Christmas. 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/24/2019 11:58 am  #2

Re: Phone call between Katarina and Fitch.

Thanks for this, Eastcoast!  The phone call seems to imply Reddington has Masha at that time. Katarina is trying to find a way to keep Reddington alive, - even if it means destroying his career and branding him as a traitor.  This all paints Katarina in a very bad light, as the person responsible for the deaths of the 134 on the submarine. But I wonder if will we find out that like The Endling, a sinner can also be a saint. 

2/24/2019 3:16 pm  #3

Why does Katarina mention that she loves HIS daugher adding, MY daugher? Like in the haste she slips up and corrects her statement?

"Everything about me is a lie"

2/25/2019 12:34 am  #4

NP, that was a strange way for her to say that.  I agree. 

2/25/2019 12:39 am  #5

Tuxie400 wrote:

Thanks for this, Eastcoast!  The phone call seems to imply Reddington has Masha at that time. Katarina is trying to find a way to keep Reddington alive, - even if it means destroying his career and branding him as a traitor.  This all paints Katarina in a very bad light, as the person responsible for the deaths of the 134 on the submarine. But I wonder if will we find out that like The Endling, a sinner can also be a saint. 

A Very bad light Tuxie!  She really was a terrible person.  I thought the mother in the Endling was a terrible mother too.  I never did get how Red thought this was a love of a mother doing all this?  I felt like she was a selfish person. 

2/25/2019 1:51 pm  #6

Eastcoast - I was with Red on his opinion of the Endling. She did a lot of terrible things, but it was her love for her child motivating the terrible acts.

3/03/2019 11:40 pm  #7

I have been pondering this call.... 

I was wondering how many people knew about the tape and I am thinking that this started out with 4 people knowing about the tape.  We do not really know if it was KR or Fitch that was contacted to be blackmailed.  Since Loving appears to be located in DC, and she might have been in Canada, Delaware or the DC area with no local address, I am guessing it is probably Fitch, and he sent KR to kill him.  I have no reason to think that Fitch didn't tell the others he was associated with about this. 

Fitch learned that Red had the Fulcrum from KR in that call as far as I can tell.  We know that the rest of the Cabal knew of this and that is why they let him live according to Fitch.  So Fitch had to let them in on it. 

Any thoughts? 

3/04/2019 10:27 am  #8

I do think it was likely Fitch's phone that was the one tapped, and I believe it Loving was working at that time for the Cabal.. Fitch and Katarina likely knew the phone was tapped. I don't think this was the first Fitch knew about the fulcrum being gone.  But that's just me.  I still believe the old time line stands. At least Fitch knew the fulcrum had been stolen almost a year earlier during Liz's fire. The phone call is some sort of deception.

3/04/2019 1:35 pm  #9

I've been thinking about this phone call a lot. What happened? Who knew? Who hid it in the picture frame?
But I agree with you Tuxie, I think Fitch knew the fulcrum was gone. He may not have known it was Reddington at the time though but he knew the fulcrum was out there.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/05/2019 1:00 am  #10

Tatiana, I think Loving probably put it in the frame.  He may have figured if someone tried to kill him over it that he should keep it separate.  
Tuxie, I had not thought about Loving working for the Cabal.  I agree about the old time line. The only thing really throwing off everything is this tape. Could be we have her birthdate wrong, but Braxton is what tool us back to her being 4 in 1989.  
I'm back and forth on the other stuff with Fitch.  I need to get some more information.  (Don't we all)  

Right now my currant dilemma is that I am at the end of a box of my Russel Stover's candy and I do not know which one I want!  The last are always my least favorite... 

3/05/2019 9:03 am  #11

Eastcoast - I think you are right that Loving put the tape in the frame to protect it. 

If your worst dilemma is which piece of candy to eat, I think you are doing well. LOL

3/06/2019 1:20 am  #12

Tuxie, it has never been a secret that I love my snacking at when I am on here looking around.  

Tonight is, Lorna Doones!  (just before that I did eat some nice healthy greek yogurt)

4/19/2019 6:23 pm  #13

I am still very bothered over this conversation.  KR was a spy, but RR was an important man and the President of that bank.  I am wondering if Fitch turned the tables on her and RR knew? 
Maybe when we get the rest of the story it will make more sense, but for now it really makes no sense to me.

Board footera