The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2019 1:28 am  #1

Cooper to Liz about Seaduke.

Cooper to Liz about Seaduke. 

L- You wanted to see me?

C- I know it's hard to believe, but I was a golden boy once.
  Fresh out of the Navy. Youngest agent ever appointed to the Pentagon's
  combined investigation and intelligence task force.
  At the time, Reddington was stationed overseas working counterintelligence.  

L- You worked together.

C- He was shadowing a Russian operative code-named Seaduke. 

L-  So that's why he surrendered to you.

C- Seaduke made Reddington and dispatched a team of Spetsnaz to abduct him.
  For 10 days, they tortured him, until he was rescued by an FBI-SEAL Joint Task Force.
  I was working lead on the agency side. My job was to secure the physical evidence
  in the event that Seaduke was captured and prosecuted. 

L-  I'm sorry, um why are you telling me this?

C- Because I meant what I said.
  I'm angry that you still don't know why Reddington walked into your life.
  The blood on this shirt from Raymond Reddington has been sealed in an evidence locker
  for over three decades. I procured a sample and submitted it for a DNA profile.
  Yours was already on file. 

L- Procured a sample of Reddington's blood?
  From evidence? That's tampering.

C- Yes. And I should've done it the day he surrendered.
  I submitted the sample and your profile to a private lab.
  They'll have the results within 24 hours, so you'll finally know whether or not
 Raymond Reddington is your father.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

3/03/2019 1:32 am  #2

Re: Cooper to Liz about Seaduke.

I have had this in my notes.  I have read it a lot, especially since we were told RR was a pencil pusher... 

3/03/2019 10:09 am  #3

I think that was an unfortunate choice of words on Bokenkamp's part. Obviously, RR's career involved more than paperwork. The only interview where Jon called real RR a pencil pusher was the Blacklist Exposed podcast.  At the time, the show was facing a public relations problem with many fans disappointed by the imposter reveal.  I think what he said was more about getting fans to accept that Red was the character we always knew and loved. The term didn't even register with me when I listened to the podcast. But I saw a lot of other fans mystified and upset by it.

3/03/2019 10:17 am  #4

JB might have been better suited to say something like he was a straight-laced naval officer, by the books, altruistic, etc. Boring because he didn't contrive, plot, scheme, etc. He did what he was supposed to do and he did it very well.

As opposed to our Red who is scheming, clever, brilliant, devilish, a hero, a villian, etc. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/03/2019 12:40 pm  #5

I agree with both of you.  It would be kind if funny if there were 2 RR's.  I would like to think KR got fooled. 
I am wondering if Fitch was playing her in some way.  The phone call just doesn't ring right with me.  🤨

I cannot blame RR for taking Liz and bringing her back to the US.  KR did have to kill a man in her kitchen.  If Kate had not been there, he could have killed her and her child. 

Well, off to RL for a while. 😉

Board footera