The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2018 2:40 pm  #41

Re: My craziest pseudo theory yet

I'm going to chalk it up as a red herring if it was ever a herringnat all! Lol!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

6/12/2018 11:46 pm  #42

Ok Blacklisters, I was just posting about the final confrontation between Red and Liz in "Lawrence Dean Devlin", that Red and Liz are in competition (sporting metaphors used), and that Red says "I'll be waiting for you at the finish line"

But what popped out to me was his "what if?" comment to her: What would you say to flying back with me on my jet, enjoying a few hours of peace and quiet before we repair to our neutral corners?"

Why is he asking this in the middle of a "can too" can not" tit for tat between Red and Liz? I just kind of wonder if Red's jet is like neutral space between life and death. 

Sir Crispin Crandall must think so, as he lives on his plane purportedly so that he could be closer to seeing the 'face of god''

And then a few episodes later, The Director is heavily sedated, wakes on the Venezuelan aircraft, but is summarily 'dropped off" over the Netherlands. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

6/13/2018 9:25 am  #43

Planes, airplanes, airbus, jets

Howard Hargrave 'died' in a plane crash
Berlin arrives in the US in a plane crash
Liz and Kirk scuffle in a small sea plane and end up in a plane crash
The Director, Peter, perishes while being dropped off from a plane
The guys in 'Ruin' claim to have had a plane crash
Matias Solomon occupies Red's grounded jet where later, Liz's death is faked and that news is perpetuated in the news media
Sir Crandall Crispin lives on a plane where he gathers the brightest 'specimens' for his experiements

6/13/2018 4:58 pm  #44

Tatiana - I like your list of plane plot points. It reminds me of the chorus in the No Roots song in Ruin.

"I've no roots, but my feet were never on the ground."

6/13/2018 5:52 pm  #45

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tatiana - I like your list of plane plot points. It reminds me of the chorus in the No Roots song in Ruin.

"I've no roots, but my feet were never on the ground."

Wow! I missed that one! thanks Tuxie. Some of the scripts I've been reading I'm really struck with how much there is about bodies in the ground decomposing or disappearing as in The Stewmaker. 

For the life of me I still cannot figure out season 4 finale. What was the deal with Mr. Kaplan digging up all those bodies? I mean, that was a lot of bodies. But there was never any doubt that Red was a bad guy and killed a lot of people. I could see her digging up some of the important ones, like Dianne Fowler, but the others? Not so much. 

6/13/2018 8:34 pm  #46

The writers wanted to have 86 bodies because of the symbolic idiom "to 86 someone" is to get rid of them, and that is what Kaplan tried to do to Red.  Also, they wanted a staggering number of bodies on the ice rink (who Red "iced"  for the chilling image it provided. Seeing that many bodies the government couldn't deny Red was truly evil and needed to be brought to justice. That should have convinced the audience too, but most fans still believed Red was a lovable puppy and Kaplan was the evil one.

6/13/2018 9:40 pm  #47

Tuxie400 wrote:

Seeing that many bodies the government couldn't deny Red was truly evil and needed to be brought to justice. That should have convinced the audience too, but most fans still believed Red was a lovable puppy and Kaplan was the evil one.

Hey, I've been saying for a while that the writers/producers are practically yelling at us to STEP AWAY FROM THE EMOTIONAL ENMESHMENT WITH A FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!! 

6/13/2018 10:46 pm  #48

I also think it was the 86th episode and they wanted 86 bodies.  I have wondered if there are any other episodes that go hand in hand like that,  If the number of the episode has anything to do with what is going on in the episode?

It's a shame you have no crackers  

6/29/2018 9:06 am  #49

Ok, I'm not so crazy as you might think! This blogger is now calling the person formerly known to us as "Red" now "Nemo" and here's her reasoning. Think the greek mythology is so far off?

From ventingblacklist tumblr account:

“why Nemo? Who is Captain Nemo? Thanks :-)”
It’s what I call random imposter man instead of ‘(F)red’ which I find obnoxious.‘Nemo’ means ‘no name’ or ‘nobody.’ You’ve got the nautical imagery, claims to have always wanted to be a captain (who knows if that’s true, but whatever). The man with no name. Plus I always kind of liked the character of Captain Nemo, so there’s that.

If you want to dig really deep, you could say the Odysseus thing matches too. Cuz apparently he used ‘nemo’ as a pseudonym. Red references Odysseus in the same convo as the ‘i wanna be a captain’. 

the pseudonym adopted by Odysseus, in Greek mythology—a ruse employed to outwit the cyclops Polyphemus. This appears to be the intended meaning, since in The Mysterious Island, when addressed by Cyrus Harding as Captain Nemo, he replies, “I have no name!” 

Although in Red’s case it’s kind of opposite, cuz he’s taken on the pseudonym of a somebody while he himself is nobody.

But that’s stuff I looked up that just happened to line up with it. It was just a gut thing of ‘mr. no name captain man. Captain Nemo.’ #driven by vengeance and random causes#locks a bunch of people on his ship and forces them to have an adventure#lol 

6/29/2018 9:47 am  #50

This is what I posted on my tumblr

There’s a lot of classical Greek mythology imagery in this show, have you noticed? I have a very, very, very fringe ‘theory’ that Red is like a god, immortal, all-powerful, omniscient. Powerful. Even Tom tells Liz that Red is very powerful. Somehow he walks among giants and remains unscathed. Recently there was that last part about the mercury dime (Mercury is also a major god) and the Winged Victory of Samothrace (this is also called Nike of Samothrace, Nike being the goddess of Victory).

The sculpture itself is part of the Samothrace temple complex, aka The Sanctuary of the Great Gods. ‘The Pantheon of the Great Gods consists of numerous chthonic deities, primarily predating the arrival of Greek colonists on the island in the 7th century BC, and congregating around one central figure – the Great Mother.’

Really interesting if you subscribe to the mother theory ;-)

By the way, I don’t think this is a tale of gods, goddesses and mere mortals, but I wouldn’t put it past them to fashion their characters and their motives as such.

Board footera