The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2018 1:37 am  #41

Re: Blacklist Timeline

I see that. What I found odd was the stamp from the county clerk. Actually, I thought they were odd period! No criminal history based on a search in NY. 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

4/15/2018 10:49 pm  #42

I updated the timeline adding the birth of Jennifer/Lillian. Not sure yet if that is the right year or not.  She could be 35 now and still have a birthday this year and then that will change.  I also added that Ian Garvey was involved in relocating her and her mother. 

4/23/2018 10:47 pm  #43

I am putting this here since it has to do with the timeline of the show. 
I had a chance to look at a new timeline on tessas tumblr she did. I like how she took statements made by others and used them to date the show.  
​I don't know if anyone saw it but I think it was interesting.
It plugged a few holes but not all of them.  One was with Tom on the  boat,that he did ask Liz what month it was. It was Nov. and he told her Happy Anniversary.  The other date I found a problem with was when Samar came in to hand Liz the test results in Dr. Creel her paperwork was dated 10.14.14. 
​It was a good way to try to explain the time jump. 

4/24/2018 8:07 am  #44

I do not agree with Tessa's timeline. She has episodes that show snow and people wearing winter coats as happening in July and August. I would hope you have not changed much of the timeline we had.

4/24/2018 9:04 am  #45

Eastcoast - thank you for keeping the timeline updated, you have done such a wonderful job!

I would have to agree with Tuxie though. I suspect we may learn more about the timeline so I would try to stick with our timeline as it was, mostly, incontrovertible dates and events. I think much of the timeline cannot be pinned down.  Thank you :-)

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/24/2018 9:39 am  #46

Eastcoast - You have done a marvelous job keeping up with the timeline, even though that job has become so hard. The time jump, and what Bokenkamp has said about it on Blacklist Exposed, make defining BL time almost impossible.  

4/24/2018 9:54 am  #47

Hi eastcoast, thanks for keeping this up to date and those are some interesting timeline things.  having said that, here's my two cents worth!  LOL

I think at this point, its best to stick with what we know, ie what has actually been stated as dates/times in the show. I know sometimes that conflicts but its the best we have to go on.   I saw 2 different interview excerpts with JB where he seemed to say 1) that we are in the future and 2) we are now real time.  So which is it?   One could also say that TBL was never exact real time because they have a 4-5 month hiatus every summer.  And only a few months ago they had Red reading newspapers with the "real time" dates of the episodes.

I also think (and this is just my own view) it may be kind of futile to do more than what is stated in the show, because I think some of the dates don't line up for a reason which we have yet to be shown.  So to spend too much time trying to re-work it I'm not sure is worth it.  And there's no way to tell that its right.

So, either the timeline is what it is for a reason, or maybe, the entire thing is a dream, or something.  I think maybe TPTB confused things by choosing to jump over the period of Liz's convalescence from her injuries.  But then again I also agree with them not to spend time on it!  LOL. 

4/24/2018 10:05 am  #48

lara1 - You are right about Bokenkamp saying two different things. In several interviews following the Ian Garvey episode, he said the time jump puts the story in the future, but he did not say how far. On the podcast, when Troy tried to pin him as to whether the story would now be set in 2019, Bokenkamp said it was "about" present time. It does seem strange, considering they made a point of showing dates on several newspapers from the fall that matched the episode dates. So it would seem with a 10 month coma and Liz's time in Alaska, it should be at least 2019 in the rest of the episodes. And Agnes looked like she had aged almost three years.

4/24/2018 10:39 am  #49

Thank you everyone!  I do not plan to change ours.  I just thought it was interesting to put it together like that and include all the time off the screen.

JB is not very consistent in what he says although he says they have a book of events they use I do mot think they use it enough.  Unless of course we see this is a dream or something else which will explain things much better.

4/24/2018 10:51 am  #50

Tuxie400 - 

"And Agnes looked like she had aged almost three years."

LOL so true, I forgot about that!   

5/01/2018 3:57 pm  #51

I love coming here and reading up on everything. I'm glad there are others out there who love the show and go nuts trying to figure out the mystery behind everything. I finally decided to join so I could post. This timeline is awesome and is very helpful. The only issue I have with it is that I think we, the fans, are far more invested in the details than the show/writers. For instance, if Dembe was born in 1979, he's not even 40 years old. Yet he has a grown daughter and a grandchild? Raymond supposedly rescued him, provided an education for him and so forth. So when did Dembe find time to become a daddy at such a young age? I've scratched my head for quite a while over the Red/Imposter theories and especially the one where he is really KR, wondering how that fit in with when he rescued Dembe. Your timeline helped a lot with that, as Red rescued him AFTER the fire, right? So if he rescued Dembe in 1993, 2 to 3 years after the fire, it doesn't seem to fit that he would be Katarina already, having undergone a complete gender/identity transformation in that time period. Also, the timeline doesn't state when Kaplan started working for Red; it just states she's in TX in 1993. But it wouldn't have been too long after that when Raymond visited her and she began working for him. Yet wasn't Dembe present at that time and a grown man or am I confused? Thanks for any insight you can provide!

5/01/2018 4:31 pm  #52

Welcome CindyKC! So glad you decided to unmask yourself and comment 

There are two ways to look at the timeline: 1) the producers and writers are creative geniuses but failed 3rd grade math, or 2) a vague and inaccurate timeline may be part of the whole story and we will not know why until the final finale at the end of the show.

For myself, I think it's interesting to try to think outside the box and I suspect the producers have done just that. How far outside the box, is another question yet to be answered. 

If you haven't already, please read the guidelines for commenting on the boards. We welcome your thoughts and contributions!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/01/2018 4:33 pm  #53

Thank you, Tatiana!

5/01/2018 4:58 pm  #54

Welcome CindyKC! I used to think we could figure out the timeline, but I've given up trying. Especially after the time jump that isn't reflected in tomorrow's episode.

5/01/2018 6:36 pm  #55

Welcome CindyKC!!  Glad you decided to come aboard. 

​Ditto on Tuxies comment above! lol 

5/03/2018 9:40 am  #56

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. As I said earlier, it's so great to have others to talk to who love the show as much as I do. You all amaze me with the amount of detail you've mastered. There's just so much to keep track of, my memory has not been a very reliable tool. And again, I think we all pay more attention to detail than the writers do. For instance, assuming the dates you have so wonderfully put together are accurate, Eastcoast, it would make no sense that Kaplan was in TX in 1993 and hadn't yet begun working for Raymond if she hid Werner's son's body for Red in 1992. And if he didn't rescue Dembe until 1993, his working relationship with Kaplan had to have started after that, right? Or am I misremembering who was with Red when he came to Kaplan and brought her on board? Are we sure of Dembe's birthdate and when he was rescued? I just can't get past the fact that he's only 39 and has a grown daughter and a grandchild. I know I shouldn't get so hung up on that stuff but it drives me insane!

5/03/2018 9:49 am  #57

One other thing to add, assuming everything happened at the same time--Red took Masha/Liz to United States, Katarina came for her, there was a fire, Masha was placed with Sam and Raymond disappeared, then wouldn't he have left his family on Christmas Eve 1989 and not 1990?

5/03/2018 10:38 pm  #58

CindyKc, I do not think it was Dembe with him. It looked like a man with Black glasses on. 
​I personally do not think it is odd for Dembe to be a grandfather at 39.  His granddaughter was just a baby.  He could have been a dad at 20 and her a mom at 19. 
Many things do not add up on the timeline with the jump. On top of that I was reminded that JB said we were back in regular time but the paper in last nights episode said 2019? 

5/04/2018 11:44 am  #59

Eastcoast wrote:

CindyKc, I do not think it was Dembe with him. It looked like a man with Black glasses on. 
​I personally do not think it is odd for Dembe to be a grandfather at 39.  His granddaughter was just a baby.  He could have been a dad at 20 and her a mom at 19. 
Many things do not add up on the timeline with the jump. On top of that I was reminded that JB said we were back in regular time but the paper in last nights episode said 2019? 

I suppose so, though it still doesn't seem very realistic to me, especially since the episode with Dembe's daughter and grandchild was back in season 3, putting him at maybe 37 at the time. And his daughter sure wasn't a teenager. He was 14 when Red rescued him, and then Red made sure he got an excellent education--including college. I know I'm nit-picking, but it's those little details that bug the crud out of me. It's as if they introduced a family for Dembe just to further the Solomon plot line, regardless of whether it made any sense. Now, if Dembe were older (say mid to late 40s), I could buy it. Regardless, I've always loved Dembe. He's one of my favorite characters!

5/04/2018 12:45 pm  #60

I personally know two ladies who became grandmothers at 35.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

Board footera