The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2019 3:14 pm  #41

Re: Episode 6.04 - The Pawnbrokers

Tatiana and Eastcoast:  Here is what the Reddit poster says the results are.  I don't think these are Keppler's results. I think they are general ranges, but there might be actual results farther down I can't read.

C Reactive Protein   3-41 mg/l
Creatine Kinase     0.0-2.2
Ferritin                      12-300 mg/ml  men
                                  12-150 mg/ml  women
DHEA-S                     44.3-33.0 men
                                   35.4-25.6  women

Eastcoast -  Do you know what kind of blood test this would be - what its purpose is?

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/20/2019 8:46 pm)

1/20/2019 8:04 pm  #42

Hi Everyone! Thanks to the snow storm, I was able to catch up on reading everyone's posts from the past week or two. So glad folks discussed the test/lab results clue because I completely missed it - so just now rewatched on my phone to get a screenshot of it. Definitely looks female related. I'm going to try and post it here. Fingers crossed.

...10 minutes later...

Ok I have no clue how to post a photo here. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone instead of a regular computer. More likely it's due to minimal computer skills. I can try when at work on Tues. Or if anyone wants it sooner, I can send via email or cell phone text.

Last edited by Colleen (1/20/2019 8:21 pm)

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

1/20/2019 8:29 pm  #43

Hi Colleen - I got a clean copy of the blood test report. Here's the link to it on my tumblr.
https://irondestinypolice.tumblr.com/post/182177576844

1/20/2019 8:32 pm  #44

I'll see if I can post a photo. I will say, I can clearly see 'female' 'pregnancy' and 'follicular' which is a test for ovulation.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

1/20/2019 8:32 pm  #45

The photo seems to show two sets of general ranges for females tests - relating to trimesters, ovulation, luteal, and follicular phases.

Underneath the first set of ranges it looks like a second set of the same thing. Maybe for postsurgery follow-up?

The first set also has a line specifically for girls, ages 3 to 10 (but that's blurry). There is other stuff but I can't make it out.

1/20/2019 8:45 pm  #46

The blood test does suggest this dude is a lady. But I still feel leery of that pronouncement. I've done quite a bit of communicating with the original Reddit poster who first brought up the blood test. He says it's a comprehensive hormone panel.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/20/2019 9:08 pm)

1/20/2019 9:00 pm  #47

Oooh!  Thanks Tuxie and Tatiana!   

Only other tidbits I saw in the episode included:
* Quail the traitor (bird theme)
* Red threatened to be gutted like a fish (water theme)
* Vontae risked his neck to get a pen for Red (reminds me of Liz using a pen as a weapon in the Pilot and as a life-saving attempt in Freelancer. Both in the neck)
* Vinyl records (lol I'm obsessed with vinyl independent of The Blacklist, so I was happy. Playing records was also in Shawshank REDEMPTION).

Last but not least I loved Rat Rattington (hopefully he will get along with Cat Cattington aka Flat Cat). Over 20 years ago I had to train a white lab rat for a psych learning class. When semester ended, I smuggled the little fella home. Ratbert liked to watch TV through a window he made in his tissue box bed and rolled over to get his belly rubbed. He was a good rat   

To this day I still receive mice and rat-related gifts, happily so. I hope James and Hisham had a pleasant or at least non-horrible experience with Rat Rattington  (grin)

Last edited by Colleen (1/20/2019 9:05 pm)

1/20/2019 9:08 pm  #48

The guy on Reddit found the exact blood test that is shown.  Here's the link:
https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/itemLC100011/Female-Comprehensive-Hormone-Panel-Blood-Test

1/20/2019 9:21 pm  #49

Colleen - Thanks for pointing out the fish and bird themed items/names. When Red asked for the pen, I also thought of the pen in the neck. Having once bonded with a rat, you must have enjoyed this episode.

1/20/2019 9:40 pm  #50

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tatiana and Eastcoast:  Here is what the Reddit poster says the results are.  I don't think these are Keppler's results. I think they are general ranges, but there might be actual results farther down I can't read.

C Reactive Protein   3-41 mg/l
Creatine Kinase     0.0-2.2
Ferritin                      12-300 mg/ml  men
                                  12-150 mg/ml  women
DHEA-S                     44.3-33.0 men
                                   35.4-25.6  women

Eastcoast -  Do you know what kind of blood test this would be - what its purpose is?

A perk of having rheumatiod arthritis, a sleep disorder, heart problems last year (all better hooray), and now waiting to see a doc for potential thyroid probs, is that I know a little bit about these tests. It's fun to think about this stuff for a puzzling tv show instead of real life for a change!

C Reactive Protein is a measure of inflammation in the body, from inflammatory diseases to probs with the liver or heart. I just read Wikipedia on it and was surprised to see CRP is higher in older folks (Red turns 60) and pregnant women (Redrina).

Creatine measures heart problems and hypothyroidism. Probably  used for other stuff too.

Ferritin is Iron. The sleep disorder restless leg syndrome is partly caused by a dysfunctional iron binding something so I take iron supplements. It also relates to anemia, hypothyroidism, and is important for pregnancy. But too much iron can be bad too.

DHEAS - no clue had to look it up - involved with women's sexuality, in vitro fertilization, and adrenal gland.

Redrina anyone?

Last edited by Colleen (1/20/2019 10:11 pm)

1/20/2019 10:07 pm  #51

Tuxie400 wrote:

The guy on Reddit found the exact blood test that is shown.  Here's the link:
https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/itemLC100011/Female-Comprehensive-Hormone-Panel-Blood-Test

So cool - can't wait to see how this fits into the puzzle!

Tuxie you're right about the rat - I squealed when Red held and talked to him. In school we had to "gentle" the rats before training them - the little fellows had to get used to being picked up and held. My classmates and I would work in the psych department's computer lab with rats in our laps or in our pockets. While typing I'd often keep Ratbert in a box on a chair next to me. He taught himself to jump out of the box and into my lap because he wanted to be petted. So doglike. Professors would walk in and shake their heads in amusement.

Hope we get to see Rattington again 

1/20/2019 10:23 pm  #52

Colleen wrote:

Oooh! Thanks Tuxie and Tatiana!

Only other tidbits I saw in the episode included:
* Quail the traitor (bird theme)
* Red threatened to be gutted like a fish (water theme)
* Vontae risked his neck to get a pen for Red (reminds me of Liz using a pen as a weapon in the Pilot and as a life-saving attempt in Freelancer. Both in the neck)
* Vinyl records (lol I'm obsessed with vinyl independent of The Blacklist, so I was happy. Playing records was also in Shawshank REDEMPTION).

Last but not least I loved Rat Rattington (hopefully he will get along with Cat Cattington aka Flat Cat). Over 20 years ago I had to train a white lab rat for a psych learning class. When semester ended, I smuggled the little fella home. Ratbert liked to watch TV through a window he made in his tissue box bed and rolled over to get his belly rubbed. He was a good rat

To this day I still receive mice and rat-related gifts, happily so. I hope James and Hisham had a pleasant or at least non-horrible experience with Rat Rattington (grin)

Wonder if Rattington's trainer/handler was the exterminator on the other side of the prison? Get him an acting card and a credit - and vola - a new career beckons!

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

1/20/2019 10:25 pm  #53

BBB yes!!!  If he sticks with Red he could be bigger than Mickey Mouse!

1/20/2019 11:19 pm  #54

Great work Colleen! I always enjoy the symbols and repeated images/words like birds and pens!

Yes, the numbers that are XX - XXX are ranges, not test results for a specific patient. 
Generally speaking a row for lab ranges are next to the row for the actual results so that the reading physician can see immediately if the patients results are out of range.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

1/21/2019 2:29 am  #55

Tuxie, most of those my mom gets every other month for her Renal Failure.  It is common to put the ranges on there where I had worked. 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

1/21/2019 2:39 am  #56

So I was trying to think who that guy in the pic reminded me of, and it is the guy we saw Liz talking to.  I think we were talking about that pic a few weeks ago. I think he had a weird hat on? 

I really cannot believe they invite people to their Home for this stuff instead of meeting them somewhere?  

I was thinking about what Jennifer said to Liz about them meeting each other not being enough. 
She is acting a little like Liz did at first wanting answers.  She wants an answer for why her mom was a part of this.  She knows that her mom met this man and still did Not come back into her life.  I think she is hurt and is trying to put this together.  She had been hiding her whole life scared to death from what I can tell so far and it was all for nothing in her eyes. 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

1/21/2019 7:20 am  #57

Can someone explain to me, why the RR family was feeling threatened? It seems to me that there was no real basis for any fear, guy walks out of them and doesn't try to find them ever. No reason to feel fear at least from the man who left.
Different story is of course if there was a threat of them being used against RR/Red as a leverage or something?

"Everything about me is a lie"

1/21/2019 9:27 am  #58

First he took over The Post Office - 
- then he takes over a major prison -

Whats left? Manhattan? Or in TBL universe = MANRATTAN?

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

1/21/2019 10:32 am  #59

Eastcoast wrote:

Tuxie, most of those my mom gets every other month for her Renal Failure.  It is common to put the ranges on there where I had worked. 

Thanks! My annual bloodwork doesn't measure any of those things.

1/21/2019 10:33 am  #60

Big Badd Bazzer wrote:

First he took over The Post Office - 
- then he takes over a major prison -

Whats left? Manhattan? Or in TBL universe = MANRATTAN?

LOL

Board footera