The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2019 11:40 pm  #21

Re: Episode 6.04 - The Pawnbrokers

The two feature guest stars tonite were:

1. Vontae - setting himself up for a role in the Red association

and

2. The Rat - who should be getting an acting credit, the rat was more interesting than the 2 pawn-brokers and the head lady Harold caught with her hands in the chinese cookie jar.

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

1/18/2019 11:43 pm  #22

Big Badd Bazzer wrote:

and

2. The Rat - who should be getting an acting credit, the rat was more interesting than the 2 pawn-brokers and the head lady Harold caught with her hands in the chinese cookie jar.

I definitely agree about the rat! It was probably the star of the show tonight!

1/18/2019 11:57 pm  #23

Tuxie400 wrote:

Big Badd Bazzer wrote:

and

I definitely agree about the rat! It was probably the star of the show tonight!

They really could have titled the episode "RAT RATTINGTON" and nobody would have objected! lol

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

1/19/2019 1:55 am  #24

IowaWatcher wrote:

Tuxie400 wrote:

Liz and Jen don't seem to be making much headway.  At least they have a date - October 1991 - for when they think Red had his surgery with Dr. Koehler.

I think Jen has a date with a bus soon. (as in getting tossed under it . . .)

I had to laugh when I read this. 

I am not really a fan of them either although I did watch Shawshank Redemption and thought it was pretty good. The rat helped.  

Did anyone else wonder if Red Let the guy beat him up a bit?  I know he caught him a bit by surprise but it was almost like he just let him pound him.  Maybe give Liz a guilty conscience? 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

1/19/2019 2:07 am  #25

Tuxie400 wrote:

Liz and Jen don't seem to be making much headway.  At least they have a date - October 1991 - for when they think Red had his surgery with Dr. Koehler.

Did you get the impression they already had seen this date?  Maybe this is a date they have already found.  I am getting a feeling that the timeline may not be clear about the fire.   Jennifer says the date 10.3.91 and Liz said "the date Reddington was admitted."  
Then they find another patient that was seen by the Dr. in Dec. and if they find him they think they will have crossed paths.???? 

Maybe it is late and I am tired, but that Dr. works on his patients alone to keep it all anonymous.  Why would they cross paths?  He worked on criminals. I am pretty sure there was not a waiting room where everyone sat around and chatted about who they were and who they wanted to become. 

Honeywest where are you? 

Last edited by Eastcoast (1/19/2019 2:07 am)

It's a shame you have no crackers  

1/19/2019 3:23 am  #26

Heehee, I’m here.
Well, once again, it was an example of Red the Master Strategist. How to survive in the prison jungle? Show everyone else who's the lion. Red,s usual masterful use of the blacklister(s) of the week to do just that. Or, in other words, be careful who you call "old man". That never works out well for the perpetrator.

Directors name didn’t seem familiar.

I need to rewatch that Liz/Jen scene about the dates. I feel like I missed a clue there.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

1/19/2019 9:24 am  #27

Red referred to himself as a lion several times so I looked up a few things and I found this song. The 'voice' singing is the lion and he refers to his 'daughter' as though the song is him talking to his daughter. Since Lara isn't posting  I thought I'd try to look up some symbols and this is what I came up with:

Remember an army of all those little kids
Livin' life like they only get a little bit
It's hard to fight when you're born in the middle-end
I'd rather die then watch you givin' in
I'm sorry daughter but your fathers not the same
I can look into your eyes and I swear that I will change
But tomorrow is tomorrow so forgive me if I say you can hide
Beneath the covers while I hide behind the pain
After all only so much we can say
Words can lose their meaning once you walk away
Promise me that you'll love me, watch me as I fade
I'll give you all the things that these lions never gave
The hands on the clock and the things we cannot change
Tearin' out the pieces and take back what I made
If there's one thing I'd keep, it's you that I would save
'Cause I am just a lion and a lion I will stay

https://www.google.com/search?q=I+am+the+lion+after+all&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS712US712&oq=I+am+the+lion+after+all&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l3.3476j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

1/19/2019 10:29 am  #28

Eastcoast - My thinking was much like yours. They showed us (and Liz) that Dr. Koehler traveled to perform his surgeries.  And why would someone who was admitted in December have crossed paths with Reddington, who became a patient in October.  I'm thinking the twisted sisters will get into a lot of trouble trying to find this patient.

1/19/2019 11:06 am  #29

The other thing I noticed in this episode is that Liz values the sister relationship much more than Jen.  I also think Liz was a truly shaken seeing Red face wounds. I don't think that was an act.

I expect the twisted sisters to get in all kinds of trouble when they try to track down that December patient.  That might be what gets Jen carted off by the two thugs in one of the promos we saw earlier.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/19/2019 11:08 am)

1/19/2019 11:08 am  #30

Agreed, Tuxie. Liz seemed genuinely concerned about his injuries.
It's going to hit Liz hard when Red has Jennifer taken out. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

1/19/2019 11:19 am  #31

I just loved the way Red just asserted dominance over all inmates just by this trick of his. Making a good show to all in the yard by revealing the secret and then immediately getting him out, showing no one messes with Reddington.
(Did I understood correctly and the thrown out baddie's beef with Red was Red sleeping with his woman?)
Jen seems to be too emotional with these things, she might just go ahead alone with the December patient and get herself killed. That would weigh kinda heavily on Liz and maybe something like that will eventually enable her to see things from Red's point of view? (quilty conscience etc)

"Everything about me is a lie"

1/19/2019 12:05 pm  #32

NP - It was implied Red slept with the baddie's mother.

1/19/2019 1:52 pm  #33

Vontae called Red's cell "the bunker." The bunker and "rat lines" are references to Hitler possibly faking his death in the bunker. "Rat lines" are what researchers call the escape paths involving the Catholic Church that Nazis, and some say Hitler, used to escape Europe and go to South America. It's also interesting that Hitler's skull was identified by dental records, and Hitler had a dentist there with him in the bunker during his final days.

1/19/2019 1:55 pm  #34

Ok, thanks Tuxie. My attention was averted from the screen to other things for a tiny moment and thus missed the crucial bit of info.

"Everything about me is a lie"

1/20/2019 1:26 pm  #35

Eastcoast - I need your medical expertise. On the December patient's blood record, there is a guy on Reddit saying the blood resultsfor Gerald Todd Klepper are for a woman and show he is taking hormone replacements. Do you see anything like that?  I can't get a sharp enough screen shot to actually read them. To me it just seems like ranges and not any specific results shown.  I'm thinking the results for that person would be under the photograph.

1/20/2019 2:03 pm  #36

Tuxie400 wrote:

Vontae called Red's cell "the bunker." The bunker and "rat lines" are references to Hitler possibly faking his death in the bunker. "Rat lines" are what researchers call the escape paths involving the Catholic Church that Nazis, and some say Hitler, used to escape Europe and go to South America. It's also interesting that Hitler's skull was identified by dental records, and Hitler had a dentist there with him in the bunker during his final days.

That is scary. I didn't pull up much about 'bunker' but there certainly is a lot about ratlines. 

1/20/2019 2:15 pm  #37

Tatiana - I think the writers just brought in those references because it's a person some believe faked his death and took on another life.  Just like they used the Cary Grant story because he was someone who had reinvented himself.  The Hunting Hitler documentary is on Hulu too.  Also Red and Hitler have both been compared to the devil. I like to try to figure out the writer's inspirations,

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/20/2019 2:16 pm)

1/20/2019 2:31 pm  #38

Eastcoast and Tuxie:  Someone was able to enlarge the screen shot of Gerald Todd Klepper's Dr. Koehler file, the one with a black and white photo on the left side and the color photo on the right which most people think is Red or is Katarina becoming Red.

Regardless of who that picture shows, it most clearly is trying to present a woman becoming a man and here's why:
A close up on the right side, clearly lab work up, has the words, 'female', 'follicular', and 'pregnancy'. I can definitely see female and pregnancy. Someone has the lab results posted, but because I cannot see them I'm not going to post them. 

My understanding is any kind of transgender/hormone based therapy would require testing of all sorts of hormones, including female and male hormones.

Keep in mind that page is from 3/2012, just before Red dropped into Liz's life.

Interesting, right?

1/20/2019 2:34 pm  #39

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tatiana - I think the writers just brought in those references because it's a person some believe faked his death and took on another life.  Just like they used the Cary Grant story because he was someone who had reinvented himself.  The Hunting Hitler documentary is on Hulu too.  Also Red and Hitler have both been compared to the devil. I like to try to figure out the writer's inspirations,

Tuxie - true. I continue to be unable to shake the idea that this story and this truth is based on an amalgamation of just about every story most of us have ever heard of. The parallels and similarities are stunning.

I'm actually having a lot of fun with this season so far. I think this is the first time I haven't felt like I have to figure it all out and I'm going to bust if they don't tell us. Maybe that's because we're 100% certain the person we call Red is not Liz's father and is not the man named Raymond Reddington. It kind of frees up that thought.

1/20/2019 2:54 pm  #40

Tatiana wrote:

Eastcoast and Tuxie:  Someone was able to enlarge the screen shot of Gerald Todd Klepper's Dr. Koehler file, the one with a black and white photo on the left side and the color photo on the right which most people think is Red or is Katarina becoming Red.

Regardless of who that picture shows, it most clearly is trying to present a woman becoming a man and here's why:
A close up on the right side, clearly lab work up, has the words, 'female', 'follicular', and 'pregnancy'. I can definitely see female and pregnancy. Someone has the lab results posted, but because I cannot see them I'm not going to post them. 

My understanding is any kind of transgender/hormone based therapy would require testing of all sorts of hormones, including female and male hormones.

Keep in mind that page is from 3/2012, just before Red dropped into Liz's life.

Interesting, right?

Tatiana - Let me just say again I do not believe Klepper is Katarina or Red, and I have only seen four people who think it is. I do think this person might be a parallel to Red's story.

Who has the patient record blown up large enough and clear enough to read everything? The one on the Redarina fb posted on Friday night is not clear enough. I think what's shown are general ranges, but if there are specific results, I'd like to know.  I know my own blood test results always show general acceptable ranges on the right and my results on the left.

I also think it's pretty weird that a facial plasitc surgeous would be taking blood samples 21 years after the surgery took place.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/20/2019 3:02 pm)

Board footera