The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/30/2017 2:08 pm  #1

Episode 5.09

From the EW Spoiler Room today:
Anything Blacklist— Brian
After being in a coma for 10 months, Liz Keen will be suffering some physical and emotional deficits when the show returns. “We do lean into that,” EP Jon Bokenkamp says. “We will be telling stories around exactly that subject, like how does she heal? How does she emotionally heal? How does she want to confront Tom’s death? Can she confront it? So yes, there will be fallout from what has happened to her.”

11/30/2017 7:03 pm  #2

Re: Episode 5.09

Thanks Tuxie!

12/12/2017 6:11 pm  #3

I just found information on Twitter about the Winter premiere!

"Ruin"  01/03/2018

Liz abandons her old life and seeks out a fresh start in a place where no one knows her history, her name, or the depths of her grief. When an unexpected threat finds her, she is forced to draw on her emotional and physical strength in a fight for survival.  Famke Janssen guest stars.

12/12/2017 6:12 pm  #4

I know JB said we would experience a second time jump in the premiere from the end of the fall finale...I wonder how long???  Is she completely cut off from everyone, even Red?  January 3rd can't come soon enough! 

12/12/2017 7:08 pm  #5

Great to see the synopsis!  Thanks Brittany! The photos should be coming soon. I do hate to think Liz will have to fight for survival again.

12/12/2017 8:45 pm  #6

I wonder if the unexpected threat is a person or a medical complication from her coma?

12/12/2017 10:10 pm  #7

Hmmm.  "Ruin" sounds rather bleak.  Though I am intrigued.  wonder how long she will stay away,  

12/13/2017 1:36 pm  #8

lara1, Bleak is a good word for that! ditto

It's a shame you have no crackers  

12/15/2017 1:46 pm  #9

Oh man, it is very bleak. 

http://www.screenspy.com/articles/the-blacklist-episode-5x09-ruin-spoilers/

According to the article, Liz abandons Agnes to go on her revenge quest...following very much in Red’s footsteps.  I have to admit I’m a little surprised she walks away from Agnes.  Although her life parallels Red’s very much, I guess I thought agnes would have a different result because Liz grew up without parents.  But perhaps the coma and recovery made her feel so distanced from Agnes (who would have no memories of her prior to the coma) that she might think Agnes won’t be hurt.  😭

I wonder if Red raises Agnes?  I have to admit Ive had head canon of Red raising Agnes either in the short term while Liz is fighting dangerous things or if both Liz and Tom were dead.

She is also becoming very dark and turning more into Red from the sound of it.  He’s now on the outside worried about her soul.  It sounds amazing.

Last edited by Brittany (12/15/2017 1:52 pm)

12/15/2017 2:47 pm  #10

Brittany - Thanks for the link! It does sound very bleak. But I figured from the episode synopsis the other day that  she would not be taking Agnes with her on this journey. It does seem to be a redo of Red's story. I imagine Liz is just trying to keep Agnes out of harm's way.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (12/15/2017 2:51 pm)

12/15/2017 3:13 pm  #11

When I read the synopsis the other day, I questioned if she would choose the vigilante path or a fresh start with Agnes.  She has always wanted Agnes to have what she didn't.  I thought there might be the struggle of whether or not to choose vengeance, that Red would offer to get it for her, so that she didn't have to leave Agnes (and to hide his own involvement in the ordeal).  But I agree that she knows she can't be a vigilante and a mom.  Plus, she knows there are a lot of people willing to help with Agnes (the task force, Red, Dembe, The nanny (if she's still around).  And I figure she is only out to get the people who killed Tom and assumes she will return once that's over, versus Red having to build an empire to protect Liz and keeping her identity hidden. 

I'm dreading when Liz learns that the suitcase is tied to Red.  I hate when there's conflict between them.  It makes my heart hurt. 

Last edited by Brittany (12/15/2017 3:14 pm)

12/15/2017 4:15 pm  #12

Brittany - I also dread Liz and Red being at odds again. But I wonder if this won't be what finally gets Red to tell her some of his back story.

12/15/2017 5:01 pm  #13

Interesting.   Its not clear to me whether the separation from Agnes is meant to be temporary or not.  I would have expected Liz to go to the deserted cabin in the woods (shades of both Red and Dom) on her own to sort things out.  Whether and when she returns to Agnes I guess we'll have to see.

It will be interesting to see when and how Liz finds out Red's ties to what happened.  And Tuxie, yes I hope this forces Red's hand a bit in that he will need to reveal something.  

What surprises me though is that Red has apparently not figured out yet who has done this, or has figured it out but has not been able to exact his own revenge - been nearly a year.  Unless he is truly truly baffled at why and how someone else would see value in the bones.

12/15/2017 5:04 pm  #14

Maybe Red didn't care about the bones as long as Liz was in the coma. Although it makes no sense to me that Garvey wouldn't have contacted him in that time frame.

12/15/2017 5:17 pm  #15

Tuxie400 - exactly.  or that Red would not have found out who killed Tom and attacked Liz.  Of course there is the possibility that Garvey has contacted him and Red has been under Garvey's thumb all of this time.  Its really a mystery.  

12/15/2017 5:20 pm  #16

I agree as well.  I would be surprised with  Garvey having the bones and not having found another way to reach Red.  It could be Red and Garvey have a Ressler/Prescott situation going on.  I’m hoping we find out early in.  Garvey shows up in episode 13.

12/20/2017 6:46 pm  #17

They have a little promo and a few pics out!
Very very little, but it's something.

images.spoilertv.com/Blacklist/Season%205/Promotional%20Episode%20Photos/Episode%205.09%20-%20Ruin/NUP_180422_0015.JPG.php

It's a shame you have no crackers  

12/20/2017 8:09 pm  #18

Eastcoast - I saw the photos this afternoon and was disappointed that there was not one of Red. I figured he would at least be involved at the beginning of the episode. At least we will get to see the task force and Agnes!

12/20/2017 11:24 pm  #19

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I'm about two months behind in posting here, but did try to keep up with reading. Also just saw a few of the Ruin promo photos.

There's a photo of Liz lying down on her couch, and on the arm of the couch is the handle of a cane. So at the very least she must have balance/walking difficulties.

Another photo shows Aram and Samar sitting on Liz's couch drinking beer (ok Samar is drinking a bottle of beer; Aram is drinking a can of soda). But it looks like Red is drinking a beer with them, a social visit - at least it looks like the back of Red's  head. Maybe he has been living in Liz's apartment with Agnes.

Speaking of Aram - he wanted to be trained to work in the field. Maybe during the time lapse he's become fully trained. He could be Liz's replacement while she was in a coma.

The only other tidbit is that Liz is wearing a hat that makes her look like Red when he avenged Anslo Garrick.

Last edited by Colleen (12/20/2017 11:36 pm)

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

12/21/2017 1:19 am  #20

Colleen - nice to see you back here!

Good observation on the hat that Liz is wearing.  It kind of is the hat that Red wore in Anslo.  also, under the jacket it looks like she is wearing a hoodie, the style and color of which I think are also similar to what Red was wearing....before he hung up the phone and disappeared into the night.....with the same wool hat.....MP theory continues to live....!  

Last edited by lara1 (12/21/2017 1:19 am)

Board footera