The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2017 4:27 pm  #21

Re: Episode 5.05

That’s, right.  I forgot about Jolene faking her death.

10/21/2017 7:59 am  #22

A sneak peek from Episode 5...and I find it odd that Aram says he can't drive. Isn't defensive driving something that all FBI agents would be taught in training?  Even if you end up not being a field agent?  
https://alyblacklist.tumblr.com/post/166619113776/iloveredmorethanever-a-very-early-promotional

10/21/2017 2:18 pm  #23

Ok yeah, but he can shoot a bazooka or torpedo gun (forget the name of it!) accurately under extreme duress. But he (claims) he can’t drive.  Makes me think even more that there is more to Aram and some of his stuff is an act. Lol.   Makes no sense to me otherwise.  Or we truly have to suspend belief and just enjoy it. Always an option!

10/21/2017 5:05 pm  #24

Has anyone noticed that IMDb lists a stunt double for Boris McGiver for this episode? He played some great roles in Person of Interest and House of Cards. It would be really cool to see him as the next blacklister.

10/24/2017 3:03 pm  #25

A couple of previews on ew.com and entertainment tonight’s sites. I haven’t watched them due to low bandwidth at the office, but it looks like Liz blames Red for Nik getting killed.

My take is that while we have Liz sort of digging being Reds daughter right now that Nik will begin to drive a wedge between them until when Tom disappears, it will become more of a Grand Canyon.  

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

10/24/2017 4:14 pm  #26

Honey West--I'm not sure that Nik's death will drive a wedge between them (right now).  I think Liz will suspect Red is involved before she talks to him, but will believe him when he says he had nothing to do with it.  He has generally (to my recollection) been straightforward with her when it came to people he has killed.  And if she can forgive him for killing Sam, she can get over her suspicions that he killed Nik.  Now whether that will come back on him when the suitcase situation is revealed to Liz is a different story, but for now, I don't feel like it will be a setback.  

Surely someone who is murdered will have their phone records reviewed and I can't imagine Liz is going to sit by and not ask to be kept in the loop, especially when Nik's (likely) last phone call turns out to have been with her fiancé.   In one of the previews, Red is trying to get access to evidence from Nik's murder from the evidence control guy.  I have a feeling that if Red doesn't know for sure that Tom is involved in the suitcase, he will once he discovers that Nik and Tom were talking and meeting a lot in the last little bit before Nik's death.  And will know that Tom is ultimately to blame because he involved Nik in the suitcase stuff. 

10/24/2017 8:50 pm  #27

Brittany, interesting observation re Liz.  It does seem like she would want to get involved in the investigation on what happened to Nik.  And I wonder what she discovers

10/24/2017 11:05 pm  #28

I think Red is after Nik's cellphone. I hope we get a great showdown between Red and Tom out of this. Red warned Tom once before to leave the past alone, I wonder if he’ll give him the choice to do that.

I think there is a lot of unresolved stuff between Red and Liz that hasn’t been addressed onscreen. But it has to still be there.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

10/25/2017 6:24 am  #29

Honey West wrote:

I think Red is after Nik's cellphone. I hope we get a great showdown between Red and Tom out of this. Red warned Tom once before to leave the past alone, I wonder if he’ll give him the choice to do that.

I think there is a lot of unresolved stuff between Red and Liz that hasn’t been addressed onscreen. But it has to still be there.

There is so much unresolved between them.  I’m hoping we see them dig into that as the season progresses especially if thrown into a situation where they have to rely on each other to survive.  I’ve been suspicious that whatever goes down with the suitcase and Hitchin’s death may force the entire team to work from the shadows so that they are all on the run from the FBI.

Last edited by Brittany (10/25/2017 8:03 am)

10/25/2017 2:54 pm  #30

I find it interesting that Liz visits Meera's grave in tonight’s episode. Maybe she is buried in the same cemetery where Nik will be buried? And so Liz stops by while she’s there.

10/25/2017 5:27 pm  #31

That’s what I wondered as well.  And there was a photo released of Megan having her make up touched up for a shoot in a cemetery again for 5.09...does Tom bite it or just a coincidence?

10/25/2017 6:14 pm  #32

Yes, interesting thread.  Meera, now Nik, killed as result of connection with Tom.  One could argue, with Liz.  But Tom lit the fuse for each.

Board footera