The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2017 12:25 pm  #1

Hulu Live - for those without cable

Hi guys! Lol, this probably sounds like an advertisement but it might interest those of you who, like me, don't have cable. I'm trying out a free week of Hulu Live this week. You'd still need an internet/wifi connection (separate) and then after the free week trial, Hulu Live would be $40 a month. (Together it still beats the horrendous $130 a month for cable here in NYC)

Anyway, I just tested it out and it really is live! I'm very tempted to finally watch The Blacklist live with you guys tonight....though it coincides/conflicts with my young children's bedtime routine. (Husband works nights or I'd put him on the job!)

Anyway, I just figured I'd mention it in case anyone wants to try it. My digital antenna's reception has been kind of awful/unreliable - even in the middle of manhattan! So I normally watch episodes of The Blacklist on the NBC app the following morning. It would be nice to be able to participate in our live chats for once!

(PS - Hulu Live is $39.99 a month for me in NYC. I don't know if it's the same price in every city. That was the price that came up when I entered my info)

Last edited by JackPow (10/18/2017 12:27 pm)

10/18/2017 1:12 pm  #2

Re: Hulu Live - for those without cable

Thanks Jackpow. I had seen that and was tempted to pick up that service!  I wondered if TBL would be live on it. Thanks!

10/18/2017 8:37 pm  #3

Unfortunately my local NBC affiliate isn't doing live NBC on any of the streaming networks (I have DirectvNow, but I checked out HULU live...my parents have Directv and they were without NBC for 6 weeks due to contract dispute.   Whoever gets it first on streaming will get my business!  

10/20/2017 7:48 am  #4

We have SLING TV and it's can be a little glitchy here an there, but other than that it's a pretty decent deal for $20. I LOVE Hulu, but don't think I'd upgrade to $40/m, because so many shows are already on there next day anyway. I've grown to enjoy this viewing format vs. trying to make space on the old DVR. I watch TBL by antenna or NBC App  next day. I did notice though that some shows on the App you have to use a service provider login, really weird that it's not required for TBL (but I'll take it!!!). With that said, many of the NBC shows are on Hulu next day.

10/20/2017 6:24 pm  #5

Patter, I hear ya! My free week trial that I started this post with will be expiring soon and I'm asking myself...do I really want to spend $40 a month?!?! I really don't watch tv aside from TBL! I'm more of a reader. While I do want to report to anyone interested, the Hulu Live service has been excellent, no freezing, truly live...I think I'm going to opt out after this free week.
It was really FUN being able to finally chat with you guys LIVE this week though!! But I think it makes more financial sense to just be patient and watch on the NBC app the next morning as I've always done. (Which has closed captioning by the way, which comes in really handy for catching important lines!)

10/20/2017 7:23 pm  #6

For what it's worth, the Hulu pricing I believe also includes all of their streaming services of both original content and non original content which is pretty substantive, in addition to the 30 odd live network and cable stations.  I only know that as a friend of mine wants to try it, already streams Hulu and is cutting the cord with cable.  So in that instance I guess its a bit different.

Board footera