The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2017 9:36 am  #21

Re: Blacklist Timeline

I was wondering about when Anton Velov tracked Katarina to a hotel in Prague but she got away and found this in the scripts:

Liz: My mother’s alive. You lied to me.
Red: Velov is the one who lied to you, Lizzy, not me. Katarina Rostova committed suicide in 1990.
Liz: Velov was the agent assigned to find her. He was getting close, she knew it. That’s why she allegedly walked into the ocean. She wanted the world to believe she drowned.
Red: But Velov knows differently.
Liz: He tracked her to a hotel in Prague. She had just left. But in such a hurry, she missed this… A photo of her little girl. Me.
Red: That could easily have been planted.

I wonder if this is evidence enough to add it to the 1990 entry. Unless you guys think it could just be hearsay and not solid enough to make it to the official timeline.

6/01/2017 10:52 am  #22

JPow,
I had considered it, but I cant recall if there was a date he said he tracked her. If there was a date given then we should add it.  If she killed herself in Jan-Feb 1990 there was time to be there and come back to Cape may.

My personal opinion is, I find it hard to believe that she did that much traveling overseas and back knowing so many people were looking for her.  She was calling Kate at night and was very paranoid as anyone would have been.  In 1990 there were plenty of cameras and I am sure the KGB had eyes everywhere let alone her husband with all his money looking for her.   
 Even if this were true and she was in a hurry she would not have left the photo behind. It would have been in her pocket, purse or bag that she carried. I always thought it was planted as Red had suggested.
But... If the Moderators think I should add it 'as a possibility' I will.

Well, off to RL!

It's a shame you have no crackers  

6/01/2017 11:11 pm  #23

Eastcoast - thanks so much for keeping up on this.

One question: Wasn't the Seaduke episode 30 years ago? 1997? I don't see it in the timeline. Cooper was in charge of collecting evidence in case Seaduke was ever discovered. I distinctly remember that it was '30' years ago.

As for the Velov incident, I would suggest we leave it out unless we have a date and a little more substance for it. The way Red responds is with quite a bit of skepticism, understandably.

Thanks!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

6/02/2017 2:58 pm  #24

Tatiana - The Seaduke torture was in 1987. That is 30 years ago. 1997 is 20 years ago.

6/02/2017 3:49 pm  #25

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tatiana - The Seaduke torture was in 1987. That is 30 years ago. 1997 is 20 years ago.

That's what I meant, 1987. I misskeyed.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

10/18/2017 11:19 pm  #26

I have added Dr. NIk....

10/27/2017 3:08 pm  #27

Interesting that 1992 Kaplan helps Red by disposing of Hans' body - and then in 1993 she's working in Amarillo, presumably before she starts working for Red.

10/27/2017 8:45 pm  #28

LD Jones - very good catch!  yeah it doesn't hang together.  What we see in Requiem vs what we hear from Kaplan in the other episodes in Season 4.  Unless maybe "Red" and Reddington are two separate people (heh heh heh, sorry I could not resist).  But seriously I look forward to when that is ultimately resolved and what the answer is - whatever that may be.

10/27/2017 9:24 pm  #29

They keep saying that Requiem's seemingly off kilter stuff will make perfect sense in the end. I guess we just have to trust that it will be true.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

10/28/2017 1:01 pm  #30

Hw,  the writers are probably checking the timelines to see how they can fix it by the end of the show. Lol

Ldj and lara1, that's what I was thinking. The only thing listed between those 2 dates is Red producing a play.

I have been trying to add the things they have been talking about more recently so we can get a better picture of Reds life. When I realized the date of the Hans murder and the alliance he was forming was when she was in Tx I wondered if she was working with him and all the stuff she said about not knowing him was a show for the others.
I am still trying to understand how Liz says 30 years.  Does that mean she already knows the connection?

Last edited by Eastcoast (10/28/2017 1:01 pm)

10/28/2017 7:15 pm  #31

I just wanted to pop in and say that it is very good you maintain a timeline like this. Unfortunately, I think the various writers have forgotten some things, or changed some things, and never bothered to put the effort in to go back and look closely at what THEY have presented to us in previous episodes and make a timeline such as this. Too many cooks spoil the soup.
I'm positive that they read the fan sites so you're providing a service....or at the very least, a nudge to them that the fans are on top of these things! If they have to make corrections via new/upcoming scripts, then so be it. Because we're paying attention! If we fans have come to the wrong timeline conclusions, then again, corrections can be made.
However, I'll give them a pass for any details mentioned in the first 10 episodes when the show was new. But there's time to correct things in current scripts. They could even issue a tweet to fans saying "please disregard this" if there is something that is no longer true, such as things mentioned in the pilot that may have had to be drastically changed once the show was picked up and caught fire.

12/10/2017 3:49 am  #32

I updated the timeline for now. If the writers fill in some dates for us in the future that would be great. 

​Jackpow, I am very disappointed in the writers for not having a timeline. To many cooks in the pot as you say.   They need print one out and give it to every writer so they know what they are doing. 

12/10/2017 9:08 am  #33

Agreed about the timeline issues. They've had so many different writers/producers over the years that things start to get missed after a while.  I believe it was in the Requiem audio commentary that the Jons talk about how they had a strict timeline written into that script because they wanted to be sure they got cars, fashion, technology, etc. correct and I think they even considered putting the specific dates on screen with each flashback but didn't.  

2/08/2018 12:53 am  #34

I do not know what to put for dates at this point until they let us know. So I am just going to list things as they happen.  She told Dom her husband died over a year ago. That is a big jump.

2/08/2018 1:02 am  #35

Yeah, ten months in a coma and enough time in Alaska to get established there, several months at least I thought it would have been more than a year by now. More like two at least.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

2/08/2018 9:32 am  #36

The time jump does make the timeline tricky. Maybe you should just add Midseason 5 and list things as they happen.

2/08/2018 9:44 am  #37

That's a good idea Tuxie.

Honey West, that's what I was thinking. Agnes looks a few years older for sure.

2/20/2018 12:49 am  #38

I added a few things.  I thought we should have the year Dom claims he came to the usa and changed his name, etc... 
​I was also thinking about the date mentioned in my re-watch of The Decembrist.  We do not get many dates handed to us so I thought I would add Margaret's birthday since it was also the combination to the safe. He also mentioned how long they were married so I put that in there too. Looks like Carla was born the year after they were married.  

3/05/2018 2:01 am  #39

I have added the date Red got his fingerprints and the address that was used.  It does make me wonder why he got fingerprinted and these were added to his file.  It does have FBI on the paperwork so I wondered if this is when he came onboard with them? 

3/05/2018 10:50 am  #40

Estcoast - thanks for keeping this updated!  With the fingerprints, if you look closely, the left hand and the right hand were captured using different technology for each.  strange to me

Last edited by lara1 (3/05/2018 10:53 am)

Board footera