The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2017 6:42 pm  #1

Imagined Ending to The Blacklist

I can only imagine one ending to TBL.

Liz Keen walks into an FBI office and gives up to a plethora of agents.

She's captured and taken to a private facility.

Basically, she has become the front-person for one of the biggest criminal syndicates since - well, since Raymond Reddington.

She tells the FBI she has extremely urgent and time-sensitive information about a so-called criminal blacklist. For immunity she asks to speak to one specific criminal profiler . . . .  a young up 'n comer named Agnes.

The FBI station is run by one of two possible directors. One would be Aram Majotbai; the other would be Samarmi Navabi . . .

In any event a full evolution of one of the world's most profound crime families - the Reddington/Keen Foundation.

Before Liz gives herself up - I'd love to see her complete evolution from a baby-faced profiler to major criminal overlord - complete with the requisite humorous story-telling made famous by her criminal father.

Sorry for my imaginary wasteland. I'm a romantic at heart - and this is the most romantic ending I can envision . . .

Last edited by Big Badd Bazzer (5/21/2017 6:44 pm)

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

5/21/2017 6:49 pm  #2

Re: Imagined Ending to The Blacklist

I love this Big Bad Bazzer! That would be so fun! It's a crime family/espionage ring/intelligence force all wrapped up in one big ole' happy clan!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/21/2017 8:39 pm  #3

Whoa BBB! That would make a really cool ending for the show! I had never even considered that possibility. Great suggestion!

5/21/2017 8:50 pm  #4

That would be a cool ending.

5/21/2017 10:12 pm  #5

Fun ending!

5/21/2017 10:44 pm  #6

I suspect the show-runners have their ending on the drawing boards. Only matter at hand is how many more year(s) James Spader wants to do this show. He's admitted to doing it for the money - so I suspect he's now one of the highest paid episodic actors in North America. So long as the writers are supplying him quality material and so long as ratings remain solid I believe TBL could have at least 2 (possibly 3) more seasons.
So we won't have to worry about the ending for quite awhile.
But I can see Season 5 being "The Criminal Grooming of Elizabeth Reddington"

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

5/22/2017 10:41 am  #7

BBB - interesting thoughts, both of them!

5/25/2017 1:46 pm  #8

Wow, this is completely different from what I would ever expect the ending to be, but I really like the idea. Maybe Agnes is already taken in by a new parent with a criminal background, who is known by both Liz and Tom, as we haven't seen her in quite a while.

5/25/2017 9:44 pm  #9

TheYeti wrote:

Wow, this is completely different from what I would ever expect the ending to be, but I really like the idea. Maybe Agnes is already taken in by a new parent with a criminal background, who is known by both Liz and Tom, as we haven't seen her in quite a while.

Lol that's a riot TheYeti! Agnes becomes a grifter toddler, swiping pacifiers and Cheerios during nap time in daycare.

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

5/25/2017 9:54 pm  #10

Colleen - "Agnes becomes a grifter toddler, swiping pacifiers and Cheerios during nap time in daycare."

Hilarious! If I had been eating Cheerios, I would have spit them out.

5/28/2017 8:45 pm  #11

Hahaha!  That would be a great ending Big Badd Bazzer!   

I'll add that Red "mysteriously" disappeared years before, secretly retiring to some kind of island deal like he offered Kate.  After finding out his "secret" Liz was never able to fully forgive him, so they became somewhat estranged.  Red ended up faking his own death, in order to take two steps back, to let Liz really shine--but he never fully stopped catching her when she fell, albeit always at a distance, and always from the shadows.  

And so we have Agnes make her way home, slam shut the door, and phone up G-pa Red, who she's clearly been talking to all these years.  She says something about how he's not going to believe what just happened today.  Red ends the call, stands up, looks over and says, "Well, Dembe, it looks like we're heading back to Washington!"  He walks over to a table, palms his fedora, and tips the hat down just so.  Dembe gives one of his little smiles, and mumbles how it's "about time", and they both head for the door.

Somewhere in the end credits, is every dog who has ever played Hudson.  They're strategically moving red dots around on a map.  They start to bark at one another, and the subtitles reveal that they were the ones who set everything into motion; they framed Reddington, in order to give him a push to destroy The Cabal.  It is at this time, a tiny shot is zoomed in to a picture on the wall, where we discover that The Cabal leader is a cat named Princess. /end scene

Sorry.  I'm not so much a romantic at heart, as a crazy person.  ^-^  ::scurries away::

5/28/2017 10:50 pm  #12

Big Badd Bazzer wrote:

I suspect the show-runners have their ending on the drawing boards. Only matter at hand is how many more year(s) James Spader wants to do this show. He's admitted to doing it for the money - so I suspect he's now one of the highest paid episodic actors in North America. So long as the writers are supplying him quality material and so long as ratings remain solid I believe TBL could have at least 2 (possibly 3) more seasons.
So we won't have to worry about the ending for quite awhile.
But I can see Season 5 being "The Criminal Grooming of Elizabeth Reddington"

Shockingly, James Spader is not one of the highest paid tv actors. I believe he only asked for $125,000 per episode, which is actually quite modest (considering what some two bit actors get paid... cough cough...). 

Top paid tv actors make $25 million per season. Spader is no where near that. I think his salary went up to $160,000 per episode, but the top paid get into the upper 6 digits and some hit 7 digits per episode.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/09/22/the-worlds-highest-paid-tv-actors-2016-jim-parsons-leads-with-25-million-take/#41e06ac77520

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/28/2017 10:53 pm  #13

Tuxie400 wrote:

Colleen - "Agnes becomes a grifter toddler, swiping pacifiers and Cheerios during nap time in daycare."

Tuxie, were you the Cheerios spitter outer on the original board, (TBLSG)? I now remember that someone would invariably cause another someone to choke on their morning cereal with gales of laughter!  Pleasant memories :-)

5/29/2017 12:22 am  #14

Tatiana wrote:

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tuxie, were you the Cheerios spitter outer on the original board, (TBLSG)? I now remember that someone would invariably cause another someone to choke on their morning cereal with gales of laughter!  Pleasant memories :-)

Heeheehee, that was Tabasko. And I'm the one who had the weekly goal of making her spit out her Cheerios. I had a distinct advantage in that I was almost always the final poster on Thursday nights.

That is hilarious, Colleen! And deadskie13, with the dogs running the Map of Doom board.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/01/2017 11:28 pm  #15

Hi Everyone! Am a week behind in reading your excellent posts. Just had to say that I'm having a blast getting caught up Thanks for getting my brain working and my heart laughing. Warn welcomes to new friends posting here!

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

6/06/2017 11:08 am  #16

Last night I had a few dreams about the series finale. Only images, no dialogue that I can recall.
1. Tom & Liz were back in their house from S1. They forced Red and Co. out of their house, slam the door, and then Tom and Liz attack each other while Red tries to force his way back in to save Liz (I assume?). 
2. Ressler sitting at a dining booth with his shirt off and deep but cautious conversation with Red. (not sure why his shirt was off. I'm more a Tom Bond kind of girl. HAHAHHA!)
3. James Spader and his real son were working his operations. 

What does it all mean?! 

6/06/2017 12:04 pm  #17

Patter - LOL.  Maybe you have secretly discovered some answers.......

Board footera