The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2018 7:07 am  #141

Re: Who, what, when, why, where

Other thing, if jon said that answers are in the first episodes,  could that mean RR is alive, since  Red said "abandoned by your career criminal father" and "mother who died of-"
The man fleeing the scene aided by two others could have been RR, abandoning her, whilst one left lying on the floor was Red, hence the burn scars.
And we don't really know what Katarina was referring to when she said it was not her(Liz's) fault, was it the shooting, fire, being taken or left behind. Neither it is clear who was the bad man.

"Everything about me is a lie"

6/28/2018 10:31 am  #142

NP wrote:

What if liz's scar is from a branding iron? Her scar and makr on the go-boxes look the same, and the boxes are branded with scorching the mark in them. Thst would also explain the fire itself, how it got started, by Liz dropping the iron that burned her and not a gun. It's likely that someone else shot RR, maybe by accident as a responce to Liz scream in pain due the burn.

Hi NP, welcome to the group.

From time to time, I have thought whether the scar is some sort of "marking" symbol so that "Masha" could always be identified.  Then there is that strange comment by Liz that her father gave her the scar.  I guess the question is why, and was there more than one Masha?  I think the scar as a kind of "brand" or "mark" may have been discussed on the old board.  It is such a distinctive mark, I've never been sure what to make of it.......

6/28/2018 3:02 pm  #143

I think if we see Liz and Jennifer comparing scars that would be a major clue.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/28/2018 3:06 pm  #144

Of course, I still think Liz is the product of some special program to produce an army of super spies or agents of some sort.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/28/2018 11:57 pm  #145

NP wrote:

Other thing, if jon said that answers are in the first episodes, could that mean RR is alive, since Red said "abandoned by your career criminal father" and "mother who died of-"
The man fleeing the scene aided by two others could have been RR, abandoning her, whilst one left lying on the floor was Red, hence the burn scars.
And we don't really know what Katarina was referring to when she said it was not her(Liz's) fault, was it the shooting, fire, being taken or left behind. Neither it is clear who was the bad man.

NP, that has bugged me too, that he said Abandoned and not that he was dead.  I always had the impression that she was told by Sam that her mother died and that her father was still out there somewhere.  

I am trying to go through old interviews as I get time. (lol) But if anyone finds the one where JB said that about the answers being in the first few episodes please post a link and I will do the same! 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

6/28/2018 11:59 pm  #146

Honey West wrote:

I think if we see Liz and Jennifer comparing scars that would be a major clue.

Honeywest, That thought had crossed my mind about how weird that would be to see a scar of some sort on Jennifer.  

10/21/2018 1:19 am  #147

I know the difference in the bones do not seam to bother everyone but it bugs me.  If they were just slightly different I could let it go.  If I let this go without them telling us it was a mistake then I feel like I have to let go of most things that could  be a clue.  I cannot have it both ways.  They have freely corrected stuff in the past and until they correct this I have to feel there is a reason for it. 

I have wondered for a while and I think someone else also mentioned they wondered if Liz kept a bone or 2 to herself.  We know she could snatch a finger or 2 with no problem and stuff it in her pocket.  
The skull Red burned looked different from the rest we have seen and it had all the teeth. I do not think they put the tooth back in the skull after taking the DNA from it.  

That has had me wondering for a while if the reason that the bones look so different is because they have been switched?  Although it would not have been easy, it is possible Tom could have some how done that and it could be why the bones went from a light color to very dark color.  He was able to fool Red with a quick switch. 

The thing I have a hard time trying to figure out is how the bones could have been switched from Tom getting them from the locker because that would be the DNA they got the hit from. 

Even If they got a new set of bones for season 5 I feel they should have been the same set the whole season. They had no problem using the same set of pics in the Flat for years. 

I had something else I wanted to mention but I am tired and I forgot!  

I hope everyone is doing well! 

10/21/2018 10:08 pm  #148

Eastcoast - The next time Bokenkamp does an interview with the Blacklist Exposed guys I will ask them to ask him about the ever changing bones. I wouldn't put it past Liz or Jennifer to have taken a bit of bone from the bag.

10/23/2018 11:28 pm  #149

Sounds like a plan Tuxie, thank you! 

It would be a bit ironic if Red was burning bones of an imposter. 

I am wondering if Liz goes out to see Dom while Red is in jail?  So many ways this can play out. 

1/09/2019 10:15 am  #150

Welcome Chloe! We look forward to you discussing Blacklist with us!

1/20/2019 2:12 am  #151

So now we have a approximate date for Red's transformation, October - 91.
The original went missing in christmast - 90 so there is almost a 1 year gap between these events and a similar gap between the fire night and dissappearance of RR.
So if RR was still alive in december - 90 and our Red had his operation almost year later, who killed RR if he survived the fire and was not killed by Masha?
And was it Red whom Masha shot, not fatally but bad enough to him sustain the burn marks on his back as he fainted from pain?

Last edited by NP (1/20/2019 2:22 am)

"Everything about me is a lie"

1/20/2019 9:36 am  #152

NP - Yes, there are some serious time gaps there - nearly two years from the fire to the plastic surgery. I believe the real RR did die the night of the fire, and there was a conspiracy to make it appear he was still alive until Christmas Eve 1990.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/20/2019 10:08 am)

1/20/2019 1:55 pm  #153

Tuxie400 wrote:

NP - Yes, there are some serious time gaps there - nearly two years from the fire to the plastic surgery. I believe the real RR did die the night of the fire, and there was a conspiracy to make it appear he was still alive until Christmas Eve 1990.

Agreed

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

1/21/2019 2:23 am  #154

Do we have any Facts that he actually died the night of the fire?  
Liz has memories that are tampered with and Red talks in Redspeak.  
The newspaper said there were no bodies found and the Sheriff said everyone was gone when they got there. 

1/21/2019 10:31 am  #155

Eastcoast - At this time, there is no solid proof real RR died in the fire.  But there won't ever be facts about it - only the word of someone who was there. Or what someone there told somebody, and that's hearsay. So it wouldn't be admissible in court. LOL  

1/21/2019 10:40 am  #156

Eastcoast - We don't have facts, and frankly, I started to develop a theory that he was still alive, technically...bwah ha ha ha!
But, what we do know is that Red never lies to Liz. He may not be forthcoming or he may refrain from sharing facts or he may divert with one of his delightful little parables, but he does not directly lie to Liz. Red told Liz directly that her father died in 'that' fire. Therefore, Raymond Reddington is dead.

Also, the producers confirmed it but that's for you to decide if they are being forthright .

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

1/22/2019 12:55 am  #157

Facts, I know that is a tall question for this show sometimes.  lol That is why I asked to be sure. 
I know they say he does not lie to her, but my personal feelings about a lie mean that you do not let someone you care about go around believing one.  I do feel like her character has been told so many different things that she does not know what to believe sometimes. I can't blame her for feeling frustrated.  They say it will all come together in the end so that is what I am waiting and waiting and waiting for.  lol 

1/22/2019 10:50 am  #158

Tatiana wrote:

Eastcoast - We don't have facts, and frankly, I started to develop a theory that he was still alive, technically...bwah ha ha ha!
But, what we do know is that Red never lies to Liz. He may not be forthcoming or he may refrain from sharing facts or he may divert with one of his delightful little parables, but he does not directly lie to Liz. Red told Liz directly that her father died in 'that' fire. Therefore, Raymond Reddington is dead.

Also, the producers confirmed it but that's for you to decide if they are being forthright .

Those are good points Tatiana.  But I also remember Bokenkamp saying something slippery and weird at the end of Season 1 about Red telling Lizzy about her father being dead.  He was quoted in an article (and no I don't have the link but I reread it this fall) as saying Red believes it to be true, but people in the writer's room might know otherwise. 

Last edited by Tuxie400 (1/22/2019 10:52 am)

1/22/2019 6:47 pm  #159

TUxie, I remember that interview and took note of it. I found that to be very interesting. 

Board footera