The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2018 11:41 pm  #21

Re: Guidelines for Bios/Introductions

Hi deadskie13!  

Congrats on the house!! 

I am all for the rescues too.  I always find that letting them find me has worked out really well.  The little runt that no one wanted turned out to be a great dog for me many years ago. He also got very big!  

It was good to see you post, please come back soon!! 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

9/18/2018 9:11 am  #22

"I always find that letting them find me has worked out really well."
Me too. Years ago I went to a shelter to get a cat. One kitty kept meowing at me and putting her paw out to me. She was a mess. She had been shaved bald, had an infection, just was not very adoptable.  But she kept calling me to adopt her.

I did and she turned out to be the most beautiful cat: blue eyes, medium long hair, tipped points, in fact, and she was smart and loyal. Yep, just let them pick you :-)

Not a good picture, but you can see she became royalty in my house 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

10/30/2019 7:49 pm  #23

Hi all! 

I am Kallysz from the Toronto area.  

I have been lurking these boards since the season 5 finale.  Until then I just watched the show every week and just let it be.  Since that finale I started looking at theories and rewatching the show numerous times.

I need to take a break from the rewatching though.

About Me:
I'm into heavy metal music, guitar, fitness (i'm a personal trainer), TV/movies, books, MMA.

As I said I have rewatched the show several times and have seasons 1 to 3 on DVD, yet I can't seem to find the marathon quote in Tatiana's signature and don't want to go through all the seasons again.  If anyone can tell me which season it's in that'd be great!

I hope to contribute to these forums on a regular basis.

Take care 

10/31/2019 12:42 am  #24

Welcome Kallysz!! 

We know the lurkers are out there.  This is a pretty nice group.  Looking forward to hearing your point of view on things. 

Only so much rewatching you can do with this show.  I'm not doing another complete rewatch until it's done. 

Time for me to get some sleep. I'm hitting the sack early for me tonight.
😴

10/31/2019 8:24 am  #25

Hi Kallysz! So great to hear from you now that you've come out of lurking 

I wish I could remember exactly where the marathon quote comes from but I'm pretty sure it's between 3 and 4. 

There are several fan groups out there, but oh my! those are scary places! Combative and argumentative. So we strictly adhere to politeness, no politics, and we focus on all things Blacklist. It makes for some wonderful, and very thoughtful dialogue. 

Interested in hearing your take on TBL. Welcome!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

10/31/2019 6:06 pm  #26

Welcome to the group, Kallysz! Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom. :-) We pride ourselves on being a pretty mellow bunch on here. No fights, no flames, and all opinions are welcome. We have a lot of different areas for posting, so people can decide what they want to read and post or not. We mods have a pretty easy job, thank goodness!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

11/01/2019 10:10 pm  #27

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

I will not instigate or engage in nonsensical arguments but I will take part in discussions as best I can.

Only negative thing I have to say is that I sometimes find a certain Blacklist podcast host to be annoying at times.  (I don't know if he reads this forum or not).

Other than that I look forward to being here 

7/27/2021 5:26 pm  #28

Mid Atlantic Boomer. Friends introduced me to TBL 5 years ago. I caught up and revisited by DVD. TBL episodes most watched: Cape May, Nachalo, Pilot, Requiem, Rassvet, Robert Diaz (2 scenes with RR & Ilya).

Ever grateful to Blacklist Refugee posters here who alerted me to Person of Interest (which with TBL and The Prisoner were televisions finest shows -- compelling principals, brilliant writing, casting, acting, allegories, ironies, ideas, ambiguities, forward looking, disturbingly dystopian).

Red: "Betraying [Katarina] would be like ... betraying myself."  (Season 7, Louis Steinhil part 1)

7/28/2021 1:41 am  #29

Welcome, Earnest Moncrieff. (great name!)

Yes, this has been a wild ride! I like those episodes, too. I am looking forward to seeing where they go with season 9.

I watched The Prisoner when I was a little kid because my Dad loved those British shows. Another was The Avengers, of course.

This group tends to get real quiet during breaks. But I’m sure if you feel like posting on any of the threads people will respond. We are a pretty mellow group, as you have probably already discovered.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

8/04/2021 5:58 pm  #30

Thank you for the kind welcome. This BL Refugee forum is a model of constructive content, tone and spirit. I have lurked often and learned much here for 4+ years. E.g. of extraordinary value was the TBL History Timeline compilation of Eastcoast. Dittos for the many perceptive discussions, analyses and dot connections re the real and fake Katarini and RR.

Among my most revisited episodes above I forgot to cite The Artax Network. That episode immediately followed (for both the plot and broadcast calendar) and meshes integrally with Cape May -- e.g. Red's opium den clothes, plot events and revelations, foreshadowing, making the Rachmaninoff Prelude both a major reveal and a musical signature for showing four Rostova generations. More later on these intense, extensive episode connections somewhere soon in the "Spoiler" section.

Red: "Betraying [Katarina] would be like ... betraying myself."  (Season 7, Louis Steinhil part 1)

8/05/2021 1:23 am  #31

Once again, welcome! Glad to have you come out of lurkdom and join us.
Eastcoast has done a fantastic job keeping the timeline updated over the years. It is indeed a valuable resource.

8/06/2021 12:41 pm  #32

Welcome Earnest!  I look forward to seeing your posts! Great list of most-watched episodes.  (I've rewatched most of episodes at least five times.)

Last edited by Tuxie400 (8/06/2021 12:43 pm)

8/15/2021 1:05 am  #33

Welcome Earnest!  Looking forward to your point of view.  We have a nice little group here.  Happy you came out of Lurkdom as Honeywest put it. 

Thank you HW!

Board footera