The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2018 9:03 pm  #161

Re: Episode 5.22 - Sutton Ross - Discussion Page

deadskie13 - I totally understand that there are lots fans who can't get on the Redarina band wagon. I still think it could be the biggest red herring in the show. But it's always resonated with me. I've come up with lots of crazy theories over the years. I'm glad you enjoyed some of them. This is a great place to ponder, discuss, and appreciate the show we love.

5/22/2018 1:46 pm  #162

So for those of you who are leaning toward this Red perhaps being Katarina's brother (possibly twin), how does that fit with Dembe telling Red, "I'm not sure Elizabeth will ever be ready to learn what you did to Katarina?" I ask because every single time I think I have a theory on who this Red really is, there are various snippets like that one that blow my theory out of the water. And I'm curious what you all think about the night he killed Diane Fowler, when she told him she knew the truth of what really happened that night, what happened to his family...do you believe there is another family (not Carla and Jennifer), THIS Red's family that she's referring to? I don't know how else to explain the little ballerina and the ballet program, the house he blew up and a number of other things. It just seems like that has to be the drive behind all he is doing, but it doesn't explain his love for Elizabeth. It just doesn't.

5/22/2018 3:14 pm  #163

CindyKC wrote:

So for those of you who are leaning toward this Red perhaps being Katarina's brother (possibly twin), how does that fit with Dembe telling Red, "I'm not sure Elizabeth will ever be ready to learn what you did to Katarina?"

In terms of other parallels with the series, I believe that Red led her to believe that Liz/Masha was dead,
and that, along with the original RR being dead, may have been enough for her to attempt to drown herself
- OR - pretend to drown herself -- there was a boat waiting for her.

I like to believe that KR is still alive and is gathering up forces to take on Red and rescue her daughter and
granddaughter.

5/22/2018 5:21 pm  #164

Anyone else think that Faux Red  bonefire would've led to a fate similar to this individual's?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3kaZUJJY_x0/Tlk26_YiSrI/AAAAAAAAA3E/XjmZxDqAvY8/s1600/RaidersLostArk_201Pyxurz.jpg

Last edited by RedIsMyCoPilot (5/22/2018 5:21 pm)

5/22/2018 6:48 pm  #165

What adds to the conflicting theories is, earlier Red told Liz that he needed her memories to figure out what really happened. Wasn't it in Luther Braxton that he tried to get at the memories? Even if Red and Liz need each other to figure this out, it doesn't explain why he's killing off anyone and everyone who knew anything about what happened.

I suppose at some point this sets up a death match between Red and Liz.

I used to think that Katarina was still alive and pulling the strings somewhere. Whether it's she or someone else, I do think that there is at least one other major player who is (Johannesburg?). I also think that Cooper is deep in this, and his true role hasn't been seen yet.

I wish I could be more specific, but every time I think it through another contradiction arises!

5/22/2018 7:46 pm  #166

Tuxie400 wrote:

deadskie13 - I totally understand that there are lots fans who can't get on the Redarina band wagon. I still think it could be the biggest red herring in the show.

Tuxie - I think you're right: I think it may be a big red herring. OR it could be that it is the SECRET Red is keeping from Liz. But, as Lara stated recently, maybe there's a big SECRET but it is not the ultimate TRUTH for the totality of the story.

Remember at the end of season 4, after Liz comes to Red in the hotel room and says, yeah, now I know, you're my father. He doesn't say anything, but Dembe says something to the effect of, and she thinks that's the secret and you didn't deny it.

I think all roads lead to Redarina as a secret, but there is a much bigger truth and that is what we will only see once we have all the pieces of the puzzle. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/22/2018 7:55 pm  #167

Laocoon wrote:

I wish I could be more specific, but every time I think it through another contradiction arises!

Thus is the sage of The Blacklist! So glad to see you posting and engaging.
I'm just curious Laocoon, what caused you to chose "Laocoon" as your online name? I've been doing a little searching since Red mentioned the Winged Victory of Samothrace.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/22/2018 8:35 pm  #168

CindyKC and Laocoon, I think Diane Fowler was referring to Red's real family - wife, kid(s). My thoughts are that they were killed or removed in order to coerce him into becoming RR for someone, possibly the Cabal, or maybe one of those other groups on the Map of Doom. Or maybe they were killed in revenge for the death of the real RR? I strongly suspect that is was Red's gun that was picked up by the child Masha to shoot her dad. From the way he described it to Liz, it sounded like he took it very personally.

Maybe Red did something back to Katarina in revenge for whatever he thought was done to his family? Maybe she was killed accidentally, or rendered condemned to a vegetative state by whatever he did. I think that she was really still alive in Prague when Velov was looking for her. I can't remember for sure, but didn't Red say he had only been to Cape May once before? Then there are those deleted scenes! They were deleted to make the episode fit the time slot, so I feel that they are still part of the story somehow. Particularly the one where Red "sees" Sam with Liz walking on the beach.

Anyway, like everyone else, I get to thinking only to find a contradiction. So obviously some big puzzle pieces are still missing that would tie this all together.

In Requiem, Katarina calls Kate and has her take her to Sam, a man she and Raymond both trusted. So, does that mean that RR and Red both knew Sam? Or had they already decided that Red would become RR and she was building up that story? If RR truly died the night of the fire. This show makes me dizzy!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/22/2018 8:42 pm  #169

CindyKC wrote:

So for those of you who are leaning toward this Red perhaps being Katarina's brother (possibly twin), how does that fit with Dembe telling Red, "I'm not sure Elizabeth will ever be ready to learn what you did to Katarina?" I ask because every single time I think I have a theory on who this Red really is, there are various snippets like that one that blow my theory out of the water. And I'm curious what you all think about the night he killed Diane Fowler, when she told him she knew the truth of what really happened that night, what happened to his family...do you believe there is another family (not Carla and Jennifer), THIS Red's family that she's referring to? I don't know how else to explain the little ballerina and the ballet program, the house he blew up and a number of other things. It just seems like that has to be the drive behind all he is doing, but it doesn't explain his love for Elizabeth. It just doesn't.

I think there are lots of instances where family means well--but then the whole "highway to hell is paved with good intentions" bit kicks in.  And so I'm leaning towards maybe our Red thinking he's doing his sister a favor by helping her get Elizabeth/Masha back--and instead, maybe he's the reason they were caught, so to speak; he's the reason the other people showed up on fire night, and then it just kind of escalates into one huge mess, from there.  But again, that would just be if he were Katarina's brother.

I think Fowler was referring to Katarina and Masha and/or Carla/Naomi and Jennifer--because both of those would fit, with her thinking our Red was the Red.  I do think there is a third family, however--which includes bubble and ballerina girl--and I believe that's our Red's family.  I think something tragic happened, that we're still not privy to, yet.  The reason I don't think the Cabal was and/or is aware that our Red is not the original Red, is because I think that's a trump card they would have played quite some time ago, when given the chance.

I think it's quite possible for Red to care as much as he does about Elizabeth, regardless if he's her father or not.  The easy route would be if he were her uncle--the less conventional route would be that family isn't necessarily defined by DNA.  Either way, I can't help but tip my hat to the writers!  ::tip-tips::

5/22/2018 8:49 pm  #170

Honey West wrote:

CindyKC and Laocoon, I think Diane Fowler was referring to Red's real family - wife, kid(s). My thoughts are that they were killed or removed in order to coerce him into becoming RR for someone, possibly the Cabal, or maybe one of those other groups on the Map of Doom. Or maybe they were killed in revenge for the death of the real RR? I strongly suspect that is was Red's gun that was picked up by the child Masha to shoot her dad. From the way he described it to Liz, it sounded like he took it very personally.

Maybe Red did something back to Katarina in revenge for whatever he thought was done to his family? Maybe she was killed accidentally, or rendered condemned to a vegetative state by whatever he did. I think that she was really still alive in Prague when Velov was looking for her. I can't remember for sure, but didn't Red say he had only been to Cape May once before? Then there are those deleted scenes! They were deleted to make the episode fit the time slot, so I feel that they are still part of the story somehow. Particularly the one where Red "sees" Sam with Liz walking on the beach.

Anyway, like everyone else, I get to thinking only to find a contradiction. So obviously some big puzzle pieces are still missing that would tie this all together.

In Requiem, Katarina calls Kate and has her take her to Sam, a man she and Raymond both trusted. So, does that mean that RR and Red both knew Sam? Or had they already decided that Red would become RR and she was building up that story? If RR truly died the night of the fire. This show makes me dizzy!

Honey West, that's a very good way of putting it, if our Red and Elizabeth aren't related!  Especially if it all started at the beginning of his career--for lack of better term, and for whatever that happened to be.  Because you figure if you're given a job to keep people safe, or make things work--and, well, you mess it all up in a really really really big kind of way--well, you're probably going to carry that grief around with you, and you're going to try to find ways to make it right. 

But then again, I'm still a bit concerned about the nasty look I shot my classmate in second grade, when we were sitting in gym class, and she mouthed the word "Batman" with complete bewilderment, having read it on the bottom of my sneaker--that was my secret, Molly, and it wasn't meant for you!  But I still feel pretty bad about it.  

5/22/2018 9:24 pm  #171

Hey deadskie13, how I have missed your posts!   good to see you posting again....

5/23/2018 1:41 pm  #172

I posted the following on the Blacklist Facebook page. The more I ponder, the more it could make sense that he's the real Raymond Reddington's twin. I do believe his family was slaughtered and that's what drives everything for him, ultimately. But I also believe he's Liz's father. I don't care what anyone says--I think he is. LOL! Here was my post:

About the only satisfactory "surprise" I think I could accept is that Raymond Reddington had a twin brother and they were both undercover. If he had an identical twin, who is to say that Katarina knew which of the two brothers she was dealing with at any point in time? So assuming this Red is the brother who was romantically entangled with her but both were operating as the same man, it's possible that Liz shot Raymond Reddington but that THIS Red (his brother) is Liz's father. He assumed his dead brother's identity because he had to. Maybe Dembe's comment about Liz never being ready to learn what he did to Katarina is just that--she had the real Raymond as her target but his identical twin, this Red, was the one she was actually carrying on with without even realizing he wasn't the same man. And because he allowed her to believe Liz killed the man she loved and believed to be Liz's father, that's why she in turn killed herself. It still doesn't really explain the relationship with Dom, though, beyond that he's Dom's granddaughter's father and the man his daughter truly loved.

5/23/2018 3:16 pm  #173

Tatiana #147, et al - Laocoon was the priest of Apollo at Troy who foresaw the coming of the Trojan Horse and was damned for it. I chose the handle because I love to concentrate on complex problem solving and just running out thought experiments. Plan for the worst, and hope for the best.

Thanks for your kind words. I don't have as much time to hang out with you guys as I used to, but I love checking in after the episodes, especially. It's a great discussion group.

5/24/2018 1:26 pm  #174

Laocoon wrote:

Tatiana #147, et al - Laocoon was the priest of Apollo at Troy who foresaw the coming of the Trojan Horse and was damned for it. I chose the handle because I love to concentrate on complex problem solving and just running out thought experiments. Plan for the worst, and hope for the best.

Thanks for your kind words. I don't have as much time to hang out with you guys as I used to, but I love checking in after the episodes, especially. It's a great discussion group.

I figured it was either that or you were an art history major.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/24/2018 5:47 pm  #175

Tuxie400 wrote:

Brittany - I agree that if he's not Katarina his interest is very creepy. I think as The Person Formerly Known as Katarina, Red enjoyed the chance to finally get closer to Liz in a parent/child relationship.

Re reading comments. Certainly Agree!

5/24/2018 10:29 pm  #176

Laocoon wrote:

Well just hang out whenever you can!  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

7/15/2018 10:39 pm  #177

lara1 wrote:

they have been playing background music similar to that of the fire.......

lara1, can you or anyone else remember the times we have heard that music besides the fire? 

They played it this episode when Aram was looking up something. 

It also played the time Kirk passed out in the box and Liz had to open it.  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

Board footera