The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2017 10:44 pm  #1

What if Red where in [fill in the blank]....

Do you ever try to imagine Red in other shows and what he might do?

While watching the premiere of the Walking Dead the other night,  I wondered what Raymond Reddington would be doing in the zombie apocalypse.   Concierge of Supplies?  Running a Negan-esque style Group?  Attempting to redeem himself by being like Rick Grimes now that there was no FBI wanted list?  Or would he have jumped ship and gone off to his secluded, self sustaining island off the coast of Brunei to live out his days in peace and safety?   I still haven’t settled on an answer to that one.

10/25/2017 9:40 pm  #2

Re: What if Red where in [fill in the blank]....

What a fun topic!! 

* Red and Dembe on the Simpsons.
* Red, Liz, Tom, and Agnes on Saturday Night Live doing a Jerry Springer paternity skit.
* Red and Dembe on any show on the Food Network Channel. Have no idea why but just the thought cracks me up. Especially a competitive show like Cupcake Wars.

Last edited by Colleen (10/25/2017 9:44 pm)

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

10/26/2017 5:17 pm  #3

The SNL skit would be hilarious.  If Megan Boone or James Spader were ever to host, I would hope they'd do something like that.  Not sure if either of them would. 

And Red and Dembe on a cooking show would be hilarious!  Who would be in charge?  Would they bicker like an old married couple?  Is Red much of a cook?  So much fun.  

Watching 5x05 and seeing the NCIS officers, I thought about Red interacting Gibbs on NCIS.  Two powerful, stoic men facing off...*fans self*.  

11/04/2017 10:33 am  #4

The thought of Red and Dembe on a cooking show makes me smile. 

3/06/2018 1:56 am  #5

I saw a few minutes of Family Feud the other day and there was one of those funny/uncomfortable questions Steve was asking and I was picturing James asking that and had to laugh a little.  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

3/09/2018 10:24 pm  #6

Family Feud would be a riot, Eastcoast!

Red, Liz, Dom, Scottie Hargrave, and Howard Hargrave (via satellite from prison). Every time the other team scores, Red shoots at them. Every time Scottie gives a wrong answer, Red shoots at her. Every time Liz gives a wrong answer, Red shoots at Steve.

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

3/10/2018 1:34 am  #7

Colleen, What a lovely little twist you put on that!!  

3/10/2018 1:00 pm  #8

Family Feud... I love it.

3/10/2018 1:01 pm  #9

Red and Dembe on the Amazing Race....or as they call it, a Tuesday.  Lol

3/11/2018 1:08 am  #10

Brittany, as far as a game show that one is the most colorful and would fit his character the best in my opinion.  I am sure he would have fun with it.  Let's make a deal, wheel of fortune and the rest seam to mellow for him.  

3/11/2018 12:43 pm  #11

Somehow I see him scoring with "who wants to be a millionaire" but I'm not sure if he's be a player (he'd never lose) or if he'd just take over as a silent owner and run people like Katja and other savants as players. They'd all make a million sch week and he's get his 50%. It'd be a.way to cross train his crew when they weren't taking down the next adversary.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/19/2018 7:41 pm  #12

Aram and Liz on Marvel's Agents of Shield! That would be a really interesting crossover.

3/20/2018 10:19 am  #13

Lol, that is a good one Iowawatcher

5/20/2018 6:17 pm  #14

Brittany wrote:

Do you ever try to imagine Red in other shows and what he might do?

While watching the premiere of the Walking Dead the other night, I wondered what Raymond Reddington would be doing in the zombie apocalypse. Concierge of Supplies? Running a Negan-esque style Group? Attempting to redeem himself by being like Rick Grimes now that there was no FBI wanted list? Or would he have jumped ship and gone off to his secluded, self sustaining island off the coast of Brunei to live out his days in peace and safety? I still haven’t settled on an answer to that one.

Haha!  I've actually discussed with friends before if Red were in The Walking Dead.  We've come to the conclusion that it would be a Shawn of the Dead kind of deal--that he would be the leader of the group you should have followed, as most likely he'd be set up in a penthouse somewhere, consuming Scotch from a balcony, while casually picking off walkers on a neighboring roof.  

In other words, Red in the midst of a zombie apocalypse would still be doing better than most of us on our best days. 

Although, I must confess, with John Noble coming along in this season, a Fringe and Blacklist crossover would be PERFECTION.  Plus, it would explain all the duplicity, and how people are different people and genetics do crazy things, memory wiping is a thing, and all sorts of stuff.  And, it's just kind of fun to picture parallel universe Dembe who never shuts up.   

5/20/2018 6:18 pm  #15

Brittany wrote:

Red and Dembe on the Amazing Race....or as they call it, a Tuesday. Lol

Ahahahaha! 

5/20/2018 8:06 pm  #16

So good to read your colorful posts, Deadskie!!! and when you post, you are prolific! We missed you!

It's interesting that so many viewers are now experimenting with different theories.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/21/2018 9:00 pm  #17

Tatiana wrote:

So good to read your colorful posts, Deadskie!!! and when you post, you are prolific! We missed you!

It's interesting that so many viewers are now experimenting with different theories.

That's why this place is the best!  Fantastic discussions on everything!  

5/24/2018 10:08 am  #18

Red would be a great character in Prison Break if they decide to make an extra season. One thing I would love to see, even in TBL, is Red using his resources (former blacklisters included) and finding new allies to break out of jail.

I think he would also be amazing as a guest in Westworld. It seems to me Reddington and Dembe would be in for a treasure hunt in the wild west. Not sure if they would wear a white or a black hat though.

5/24/2018 5:38 pm  #19

Red, Dembe, Samar & Aram - some or all guesting on an ep of NCIS: New Orleans (Red could prolly spawn some good 'ol NO shop stories) or NCIS: LA (can't imagine the hijinx of Hidoko, Shay, Hedi, Callen, Sam & Kenzi "working with" Red, Aram, Liz, Harold, Samar, Dembe & Jellybean.

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

6/13/2018 10:53 pm  #20

Big Badd Bazzer wrote:

Red, Dembe, Samar & Aram - some or all guesting on an ep of NCIS: New Orleans (Red could prolly spawn some good 'ol NO shop stories) or NCIS: LA (can't imagine the hijinx of Hidoko, Shay, Hedi, Callen, Sam & Kenzi "working with" Red, Aram, Liz, Harold, Samar, Dembe & Jellybean.

These would all be interesting BBB.

I wanted to tell you I thought of you when i was at the store the other day.  They had these Big bags of Red and Black licorice on the shelf when you walked in. All I could think of was Red and Blackliz!  Lol

Board footera