The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2018 8:46 pm  #21

Re: 5.19 Ian Garvey Conclusion

I suppose we are to assume that Red is the black set?   

lara1, whoever captures the King wins.  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

4/16/2018 12:31 am  #22

Forget the chess pieces, it looks like they are sitting on an aerial photo of a harbor.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/16/2018 1:06 am  #23

I believe your right!  I'm thinking this is probably where the show down is going to be.
I did notice in the preview Garveys glasses are broke.
I wonder what everyone else will look like?

4/20/2018 1:57 pm  #24

Warning: Spoiler

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/19/spoiler-room-arrow-once-upon-time-blacklist/

So, while the promotion pictures already suggested it, this article tells that Sinclair is returning for this episode. On this board I've seen a lot of talking about Red faking his death using Sinclair, though I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the possibility of faking Ian Garvey's death. I'm thinking it might be a great way for Red to deal with Garvey in his own way without Liz and/or Jennifer knowing.

4/20/2018 3:08 pm  #25

Wouldn’t that be a twist we wouldn’t see coming, theYeti! I like the way your mind works.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/20/2018 3:31 pm  #26

That would be interesting Yeti.  I've wondered at times since Sinclair was introduced if Red would make a Garvey doppelgänger for the Liz and the Task Force to follow/capture while he had the original and killed/bribed/etc him after getting the bones back. 
I've been wondering how Garvey's relationship with Jennifer/Lilly will affect Red when it comes to killing Garvey.  On one hand, he killed Tom (not that Red cares except in the fact that it causes Liz pain), almost killed Liz, and he knows and has Red's secret.  But if he was genuinely there for Jennifer and protected her all these years, would that lends itself to Red sparing him suffering or even death?    

4/20/2018 4:39 pm  #27

I don't expect Red to spare Garvey for Jennifer, but it may cause him some guilt.

4/20/2018 5:26 pm  #28

Im looking forward to the next couple of episodes. To hear why Red left Jennifer, to see how they interact.

I think that Sinclair will def create a double for something but what I don't know.  To create a fake "dead" Garvey, he would need to know how to change the DNA also I would think.  Maybe not.  maybe a close enough physical likeness will suffice.

I wonder if instead Red will frame Garvey for something he didn't do.  Perhaps that will be a parallel to what happened to Red all those years ago, since Garvey/Jennifer seem to be a parallel to Red/Liz.  Maybe something that will turn Jennifer against Garvey.  IDK, just some thoughts....I guess we'll soon find out....

Last edited by lara1 (4/20/2018 5:27 pm)

4/20/2018 7:14 pm  #29

Wow, you might be onto something, Lara! That sounds like a good way to advance the story.

I don't know what how to account for Jennifer at this point. Maybe she had to be introduced now to tell
the audience that the man who is Red now is not the father she knew but an imposter. However, that would probably be too big of a reveal, unless TBL isn't renewed for Season 6.

I need more to work with. I hope the next couple of shows establish a clearer direction.

4/20/2018 11:39 pm  #30

Its funny, but my pet theory for the end of the show has been that Red would die in the end and it would come out that his real assignment would have been such that he would be given a hero's funeral. By the end Liz would have discovered that he was really her father. The final scene would be his funeral and Liz would look up just in time to catch a glimpse of what might be Red disappearing amongst the tombstones. Of course she would not be in a position to chase after him to find out for sure...

4/21/2018 11:15 pm  #31

HW, I like it!!  It is probably happier than what we will see.....    

4/22/2018 8:59 am  #32

That would definitely be a Blacklist ending, Honey West.  Let the world be wondering if Red's really dead or not!

One of the ways I've imagined the show ending is by Red dying in a fire, but managing to have saved Liz from it.
Another is that Liz dies and part of Red's redemption is that he raises Agnes (for extra sadness, reveal Katarina to have been alive the whole time and they finally get to be the family Red wanted them to be, but by raising their granddaughter together).

4/22/2018 11:14 pm  #33

So does anyone have an opinion on the head bust sitting behind Mr. Sinclair in the promo pics? 

4/23/2018 8:40 am  #34

Eastcoast - I think the bust is of Red.  If you look carefully at the promo pictures of "Red," in the first large one on the Spoiler TV page for this episode, it doesn't look exactly like Spader. There's something a bit off about the shape of the face.. I could be crazy here, but the "Red" face seems a little too puffed up, too wide, and the chin not quite so prominent.  I think they are using Matt Triplett, Spader's stunt double to play the doppelganger Sinclair creates. Also in some of the photos, Red seems taller than Spader is, as is Triplett. Anyway, that's my prediction. 

Last edited by Tuxie400 (4/23/2018 9:03 am)

4/23/2018 11:23 am  #35

Tuxie400 - that is interesting.  Which photo are you referring to, exactly?  I ca't seem to find it.

EDITED:  Oh I think I see the photo you mean.  Where he is sitting with a sort of navy blue or black fedora and raincoat.  It could just be the lighting.  Or, it could be something else.  

Last edited by lara1 (4/23/2018 11:29 am)

4/23/2018 11:49 am  #36

lara1 - Yes,  that's the one Spoiler TV has enlarged at the top of its page for this episode. NBC identifies it as James Spader, but it doesn't look quite right.

4/23/2018 3:06 pm  #37

Knowing this show maybe they are making Red into his own doppelgänger. 

4/23/2018 5:57 pm  #38

Only two more sleeps until we see it all go down (somewhat). lol

4/23/2018 10:51 pm  #39

Two more sleeps! lol And in less than 48 hours it will be talked about all over this board! 

4/23/2018 10:55 pm  #40

Thank you Tuxie. I think something about that looks weird and I guess it isn't just me. 
​We can see 2 pics of face molds. One is laying down and one is sitting up on the work bench. 

Board footera