The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2018 11:20 pm  #21

Re: Lillie and Lizzie

I saw those, I can hardly wait for Wednesday.  Hoping for something to be revealed!  Really want to see if she remembers Liz and what she remembers about her.  That should be interesting.  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

4/23/2018 9:31 am  #22

Fiona Dourif posted a video on her IG today of filming in another cemetery.  And since I’m pretty sure they are filming the finale right now, it makes me wonder if we do see a faked Red death.

4/23/2018 9:51 am  #23

Brittany - I saw that too. Good grief, there is no end to the cemeteries!

4/23/2018 10:00 am  #24

I know.  If this second one is a funeral, then it would make sense that it is for Red (faked death) or if Garvey's death is faked earlier and then he dies for real later so she attends two funerals for him.  or it could just be a visit to his grave or whatever.  I'm definitely intrigued. 

4/23/2018 10:16 am  #25

https://ny.curbed.com/2017/11/8/16626130/greenwood-cemetery-brooklyn-nyc-video
Brooklyn is home to one of the most beautiful cemeteries, Green-Wood Cemetery, with a fascinating sculpted entryway, tombstones, and ponds/trees. There are many other cemeteries as well. Considering they film in NYC, locations in Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens, The Bronx are all common options. When I lived in Brooklyn we frequently had posts up for shooting the next day. Green-Wood Cemetery is quite beautiful and affords an easy opportunity to shoot outside.
Of course, this is The Blacklist and there are a lot of dead bodies sooooo....

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/23/2018 3:03 pm  #26

Maybe when Red gets the bones back they get a proper funeral this time. I hate to say it, but I also don’t see Jennifer as maybe having a long, happy life once her relationship to Garvey gets out. Maybe the faked death is hers? Wow, there are a lot of people this could be for! I can’t think of anyone who would be "safe".

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/23/2018 4:08 pm  #27

Honey West wrote:

Maybe when Red gets the bones back they get a proper funeral this time. I hate to say it, but I also don’t see Jennifer as maybe having a long, happy life once her relationship to Garvey gets out. Maybe the faked death is hers? Wow, there are a lot of people this could be for! I can’t think of anyone who would be "safe".

That was my first thought, Honey West. It makes the most sense to me. 

First, you have Garvey say to Red, "You have no idea who I am?" means he not only has the bones, but he has his daughter as a huge advantage over Red in this chess game. 

Second, Red always gets what he wants and you know he's going to do everything he can to break the spell Garvey has over Lillian.

Third, there's no way Garvey, with all his ammunition, is going to defeat Red. Red is cutting him to the core with the business by attacking his sense of power, and he'll cut Garvey to the core by taking Lillian away from him, never to be seen again. 

It makes the most sense to make Jennifer/Lillian disappear.

But what about this series really makes sense?

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/23/2018 5:56 pm  #28

I tend to think Jennifer will be around long enough to help bring down Garvey or help Liz get the truth of these bones or whatever and then Red will tell her where to find her mother and she'll go off to live by her and be close to her again.  She's like Tom in the regards that she isn't connected to the task force so she is limited in how effective her role can be outside of things designed specifically to bring her in, and at least Tom had the operative thing to work with.  She doesn't have that.  She's definitely just an emotional/mythological plot point and not so much of a day-to-day blacklister one.

4/23/2018 6:57 pm  #29

Brittany wrote:

I tend to think Jennifer will be around long enough to help bring down Garvey or help Liz get the truth of these bones or whatever and then Red will tell her where to find her mother and she'll go off to live by her and be close to her again.  She's like Tom in the regards that she isn't connected to the task force so she is limited in how effective her role can be outside of things designed specifically to bring her in, and at least Tom had the operative thing to work with.  She doesn't have that.  She's definitely just an emotional/mythological plot point and not so much of a day-to-day blacklister one.

Brittany - I tend to agree with your thoughts about Jennifer. I think she'll be in all four episodes to come.

4/23/2018 10:58 pm  #30

I saw that today Brittany and she also posted a few other weird ones. I don't know if they had anything to do with he show or not?  

(talk about gloom and doom)

Last edited by Eastcoast (4/23/2018 10:59 pm)

4/23/2018 11:07 pm  #31

Ha ha, Tatiana. Indeed, what about this show makes sense. But that makes it fun.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/24/2018 10:55 pm  #32

About the weird stuff she posted on Instagram I spoke of.... It looks like Amir also posted a video of what looks like the same building.  

4/24/2018 11:01 pm  #33

I am really bugged that Garvey acts like he has no clue who Liz is?  A man in his position had to see the news and have her posted hanging where he works.  The only thing that crossed my mind is if he thought she were dead and Liz is an imposter?  The bones were too big to have been a childs but I don't see how he doesn't know her from being on the run? 

4/25/2018 12:54 pm  #34

Yes by end of Season 2 and Start of Season 3 Lizzie was on the run with Red. Her wanted poster was publish and  she went rogue with her blonde hair . At the time we knew she was the daughter of Katarina Rostova (as she shouted it out on the street ), but nothing about her father (as she didn't know at that time).

And it wasn't until end of S4 that Cooper sendt off the shirt  scrap to the external lab for paternity testing.  In beginning S5 showrunners wanted to remind us that Raymond Reddingington is Elizabeth's Keen's father. But it's not really public knowledge to many people we've met on the show. 

So if Garvey's connection is to THE Raymond Reddington (the REAL RR .. even if  it doesn't turn out to be our beloved James Spader), it's possible he wouldn't know of Liz, but could know of Jennifer (if she is really RR daughter).  

I think we need Maury Povich's help here.

Eastcoast wrote:

I am really bugged that Garvey acts like he has no clue who Liz is?  A man in his position had to see the news and have her posted hanging where he works.  The only thing that crossed my mind is if he thought she were dead and Liz is an imposter?  The bones were too big to have been a childs but I don't see how he doesn't know her from being on the run? 

4/25/2018 1:16 pm  #35

I tend to attribute Garvey not knowing Liz to the BL universe giving everyone amnesia about Liz being a fugitive.  By the time Garvey meets her when killing Tom, it has been close to 2 years since she was on the run.  You'd think he would remember her, but may be not.  I mean, she successfully infiltrated the Harem and that was less than a year after being all over the news. 

4/25/2018 1:28 pm  #36

Brittany - I hear you on that, but at the same time, she was on the run with Reddington, whom presumably Garvey knew from way back when given their current situation.  So why he wouldn't pay attention or at least look into who this person was, is a bit weird to me.  Still, that's apparently how they have written it.  

4/25/2018 1:44 pm  #37

Yeah that’s how I have framed it in my head since they don’t seem to reference it much.  But also if you think about it, with 24 hour news cycles our attention spans are shorter.  We don’t hold onto things as much just because we have so much else to take in.  Hers was a major crime and she was on the run with Reddington but they appear to be applying the same standard to it.  I’ve stopped caring about that.  It’s just tv.  There is always some suspension of disbelief.

Last edited by Brittany (4/25/2018 1:45 pm)

4/25/2018 10:54 pm  #38

I understand what your saying about TBL universe and amnesia but I think that is a bit weird too since it was nearly a season on the run. I know it was still kind of new when the guy beat her up in the parking lot but he was just an everyday guy who knew who she was.  Only on TBL, lol

4/25/2018 11:06 pm  #39

Patter, It was nice to see you on the board!! 

4/26/2018 10:43 am  #40

Eastcoast wrote:

Patter, It was nice to see you on the board!! 

Agreed!!!

Board footera