The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2018 12:43 am  #201

Re: Episode 5.18 - Zarak Mosadek - Discussion Page

IowaWatcher wrote:

Argh! I can't believe that we have to wait another whole week . . .

My sentiments exactly, IowaWatcher!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/17/2018 6:37 pm  #202

A lot of us viewers are a patient lot . . . I sure hope it's worth the wait!  

Last edited by IowaWatcher (4/17/2018 6:38 pm)

4/18/2018 9:44 pm  #203

IowaWatcher wrote:

A lot of us viewers are a patient lot . . . I sure hope it's worth the wait!  

​Let us hope so!  Patients are wearing thin for a lot of folks out there. 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

4/24/2018 2:33 pm  #204

I've been looking back of the dialog between Liz and Jennifer at the end of the episode. 

What Lilly says about Ian and Witsec strikes me as odd:

"He protected me from my father. Got me into Witness Protection to keep my father away from me."

She doesn't say anything about her mother. Got me - not my mother and me or us - into Witness Protection. There's something very strange about the omission. What if Naomi wasn't her mother? Could she have thought Naomi was just her caretaker who Garvey had arranged to stay with her?  

4/24/2018 3:04 pm  #205

That’s good, Tuxie400, I’ve been meaning to go back and watch that again.

Suppose they weren’t always in Witsec? Maybe that happened more recently, like when Jennifer left? I’m trying to think back to anything Naomi might have said about how long they were in witness protection. I think we assumed it was since Red disappeared. But if they were left on their own after being investigated and presumably cleared, that suggests to me that they were not under any sort of protection at first. At least not until he resurfaced, if even then.

But, in any case, I think we can pretty much say that she was the daughter Red hurt according to Kirk.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/24/2018 3:12 pm  #206

Honey West - Naomi doesn't say how long they were in Witsec. But FBI files show both Carla and Jennifer were put in Witsec in 1990.  

Last edited by Tuxie400 (4/24/2018 5:27 pm)

4/24/2018 4:12 pm  #207

Tuxie, that wording has bugged me too. I didn't understand why she didn't say 'us or my mom and I '?

I was wondering if she got hurt somehow by someone thinking she could have been Masha? 

I do think that her moving a few years ago is a result of that list being stolen. Garvey would have known that.

4/24/2018 4:54 pm  #208

Tuxie400 wrote:

"He protected me from my father. Got me into Witness Protection to keep my father away from me."

She doesn't say anything about her mother. Got me - not my mother and me or us - into Witness Protection. There's something very strange about the omission. What if Naomi wasn't her mother? Could she have thought Naomi was just her caretaker who Garvey had arranged to stay with her?  

Exactly. It just doesn't add up. Just like a lot of other things don't add up. Actually, it's like all the dates and events have been split down the middle, someone tried to tape the two back together, but didn't match them up right. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/24/2018 5:02 pm  #209

Honey West wrote:

Suppose they weren’t always in Witsec? Maybe that happened more recently, like when Jennifer left? I’m trying to think back to anything Naomi might have said about how long they were in witness protection. I think we assumed it was since Red disappeared. But if they were left on their own after being investigated and presumably cleared, that suggests to me that they were not under any sort of protection at first. At least not until he resurfaced, if even then.

But, in any case, I think we can pretty much say that she was the daughter Red hurt according to Kirk.

That would be the most painful kind of harm a father could inflict on his daughter, abandoning her.

If I were watching any other tv show, I would say that the FBI files were altered because at the time, I thought the FBI or the Cabal had something to do with Red's disappearance and the fleeing of his family. They really made his ex-wife's life a pain in the neck with all the inquiries, freezing her accounts, etc. and then they had to flee and make a new home in 24 hours. 

But since this isn't a NORMAL show!!! who even knows? lol. What I will say is that somehow Garvey got into Jennifer's head and he became her father by proxy. Remember, she says he's a good man, not like her real father. And we know differently. They're both criminals.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/24/2018 5:17 pm  #210

Tuxie, I think it was 1990.

I did wonder if they thought Naomi was a part of his disappearing when they couldn't find him.  They might have thought he was dead?

What else never made sense to me was her saying, he's back isn't he?  If they thought he was gone and relocated her i thought it, was because they feared someone was going to come after her and her daughter too?

(I hope there isn't a 3rd one, it's already confusing)

4/24/2018 5:26 pm  #211

Eastcoast - You are right. It was 1990. I was thinking it was Jan. of 1991, but it must have still been December of 1990.

4/24/2018 8:50 pm  #212

That's always bugged me, too, Eastcoast. "He's back, isn't he?" We assumed she meant Reddington. But I always thought she was referring to someone more recent and thought that she hadn't seen Red in a very long time. I always have sorta thought she meant someone else. Ha! Maybe she meant Garvey. LOL! Even though he'd probably not been invented yet.

4/24/2018 10:43 pm  #213

I hope a little more light is shed upon these mysteries tomorrow night.

4/24/2018 10:46 pm  #214

IowaWatcher wrote:

This time tomorrow night it will all be over with!  lol Just one more sleep as Brittany said. 

4/25/2018 5:02 pm  #215

Eastcoast wrote:

IowaWatcher wrote:

This time tomorrow night it will all be over with!  lol Just one more sleep as Brittany said. 

I try not to invest myself emotionally in TV shows, but this one grabbed me from the start, as did "X-Files."
I found myself spending a little of my free time thinking about it and posting on boards. I know posters here
understand!

I like my job most of the time, but it's very demanding: TBL is one of the bright spots in my week. I'm so looking forward to it being on for the next several weeks! I hope we get some good shows.

4/25/2018 5:08 pm  #216

IowaWatcher wrote:

Eastcoast wrote:

IowaWatcher wrote:

I try not to invest myself emotionally in TV shows, but this one grabbed me from the start, as did "X-Files."
I found myself spending a little of my free time thinking about it and posting on boards. I know posters here
understand!

I like my job most of the time, but it's very demanding: TBL is one of the bright spots in my week. I'm so looking forward to it being on for the next several weeks! I hope we get some good shows.

Here, Here! I have a special needs childand a husband who's work takes him away often, so this is my respite from the real world.

Board footera