The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2018 10:23 pm  #301

Re: Episode 5.13 - The Invisible Hand - Discussion Page

Hi Laocoon - that's a good observation.  Will have to take another look at those photos.  I think there might be a picture of them on the old board, if its still up.

2/13/2018 10:57 pm  #302

Lancoon and lara1,  I remember making a comment about that a long time ago. I can't say for sure if it was this board or the old one.  I remember because I mentioned that I looked him up online when he was younger and I'd said he could pass for that guy in the uniform in the picture sitting on his mantle.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/14/2018 2:12 pm  #303

Happy Valentines's Day to all of my fellow refugees!   

2/14/2018 3:47 pm  #304

Eastcoast - I didn't think the plastic wrap Kate was referring to was Saran wrap. It made me think of Tom wrapping bodies like the Major in heavy sheet plastic and Red in Cape May wrapping a body in a plastic shower curtain.

The Go Fish game doesn't really make sense. I think it was edited and lost some of the plays. But I don't think the editing mistake is that important since the scene is only meant to show the closeness of Kate and Masha, and maybe to show Masha was a good at lying even when she was little. Obviously, earlier Kate had asked for kings, and Masha had told her to Go Fish, even though she did have a king or two.

2/14/2018 3:48 pm  #305

Happy Valentines Day to you too, lara1, and all the other Refugees!

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/14/2018 3:50 pm)

2/15/2018 1:08 am  #306

Tuxie, I meant any kind of plastic wrap. lol   These people just seam to have plenty of it around...
​The body MR. K. had in the hotel wall looked like it had been vacuum sealed. I have used that for my food in the freezer myself but those pieces were huge!  

2/15/2018 12:12 pm  #307

Eastcoast - I happen to have enough of the plastic sheeting Tom prefers to wrap about three bodies. I'm hoping I don't have to use it for that purpose. LOL

2/15/2018 12:48 pm  #308

Just remember we are friends! Lol 😊

2/15/2018 3:52 pm  #309

lara1 - I've been thinking about your comments about Anna with her red hair making you think of Katarina. Well, I was watching parts of The Travel Agency again, and noticed the wife had also had red hair and was in the Katarina age range. I wonder why she didn't make us think of Katarina. I guess she wasn't attractive enough. Or maybe it was because she had her hair in up-do. With all of that tragedy happening in 1989, I do think the wife was supposed to remind us of Katarina. And they had a closet with the same louvered doors that were in fire night.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/15/2018 7:22 pm)

2/15/2018 6:57 pm  #310

Tuxie400, # 307 - LOL!!

Tuxie400, # 309.  I think the reason Anna made me think of KR was because the episode featured those dug up, somewhat degraded skeletons and the backdrop reminded me of Chernobyl so my mind anyway jumped to KR esp when they buried her.  Also the "green energy" reference to green made me sit up right away, but as I think you know, the "green" is my thing lately.  AndI linked the name Anna with the Endling.  Of course when I re-watched it and caught the dialog about going back to the hotel and having a bath I nearly fell off my chair.

The Travel Agency was a very cool episode and I think the parallels were just all over the place, from the very start with the red barn like Tansi Farm, the red tractor, the axe murder etc. and of course the 1989 timeline and the TV, and for me, that Calvin was in a kind of care facility complete with checkered floor and wheelchair images.  Then at the end, the tombstone with 2 girls, one SAM, and the two stuffed rabbits and how they died.  Not to mention the secret attic, the controls over the TV, radio etc., the sled.

I think the mythology was so pervasive that the resemblance to KR kind of faded into the background or just became part of the overall construct.  But yes I think the wife was probably meant to remind us of KR.

2/18/2018 6:28 pm  #311

I'm missing Blacklist.  It feels like forever since this episode aired.  And we still have another week and a half to go. 

2/18/2018 6:33 pm  #312

Brittany - I've been laid up for over a week with the flu and the lack of discussion on these boards is making me cry! 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

2/18/2018 6:49 pm  #313

Oh no, Tatiana!  That's no fun.  I hope you get recovered soon.   I've been playing the Blacklist game to pass the time. 

2/18/2018 7:17 pm  #314

Tatiana - Things have been pretty quiet here lately. Hope you feel better.

2/18/2018 8:54 pm  #315

Tatiana - feel better.    

Well, we could always discuss Rederina.  Evidently those discussions are raging everywhere though I've not read them.  Can't think that there is anything new to add to it.  though I'm always happy to discuss it with this group!   

For me, one of the things that works against it is Red's reaction to Liz when she emerges with blond hair in Season 3.  Although one could say that wasn't the reaction of a father either!  

Last edited by lara1 (2/18/2018 8:54 pm)

2/18/2018 9:05 pm  #316

lara1 - Here's my take on Red's reaction to blonde Liz in the mirror, from a Rederina perspective.  Red is taken aback when he catches a glmpse of the person he used to be looking at him in the mirror. It startles him for a few seconds because he didn't recognize the image as Liz. That makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/18/2018 9:36 pm)

2/18/2018 11:13 pm  #317

Tatiana, I hope you feel better soon!!!   

2/19/2018 11:10 am  #318

Tuxie400 wrote:

lara1 - Here's my take on Red's reaction to blonde Liz in the mirror, from a Rederina perspective.  Red is taken aback when he catches a glmpse of the person he used to be looking at him in the mirror. It startles him for a few seconds because he didn't recognize the image as Liz. That makes perfect sense to me.

Hmmm....maybe....to me, Red's reaction is err.....that of a man.  LOL.

Not ruling anything out though - and your explanation makes sense - Red seems totally lost for words as Liz questions him as to whether he was in love with her mother.  And the only other time I remember Red being speechless with Liz is when she confronts him with the Velov photo and is convinced that her mother is the one who is after her, and asks who else would it be?  There may be other Red speechless moments, those are just the two that I remember.  Not even Redspeak.  

EDIT:  (Oh yeah by speechless I mean, not knowing what to say vs. deliberately not answering or holding back)

Interesting though how blonde Katerina has kind of disappeared.  When Liz was imagining her mother at the summer palace I thought maybe it was an implanted memory....but then she (KR) crops up again the same way in Requiem.

I still think it interesting that KR is portrayed as a RED head.    

Last edited by lara1 (2/19/2018 11:25 am)

2/20/2018 12:14 am  #319

I never thought anything other than he thought she looked like her mother and that he thought she was beautiful when I saw him see her with blonde hair.  

2/20/2018 12:19 am  #320

So, I thought I would do a little digging around about Sugar Beets since Dom said that is what he was into. 
I decided to look up what states produce them.  Sugar beets are grown in 26 states, a few of the farms had been around Lake Charlevoix Michigan and Grande Island Nebraska which is not far from Kearney. 

Do not let me forget to mention that he was teaching Analytics which I found to be interesting!  Nora and Samar came to mind.  

Last edited by Eastcoast (2/20/2018 12:20 am)

Board footera