The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2018 3:50 pm  #1

Episode 5.14“THE BLACKLIST" “MR. RALEIGH SINCLAIR III”ORIGINAL02/28/2018 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Red (James Spader) assists the Task Force in tracking a mysterious Blacklister who carefully develops airtight alibis for murderous clients. Meanwhile, Liz’s (Megan Boone) reinstatement at the FBI hinges on an evaluation with a psychotherapist (guest star Martha Plimpton.)

So Liz is trying to get back onto the task force.  Does she have answers that satisfy her (doubtful) or is it because she needs her badge to continue her hunt (my guess)?   

2/08/2018 12:50 am  #2

Re: 5.14

Brittany, I will say when I saw the preview tonight I did laugh when Red said 'the apple didn't fall far from the tree.' I think he was talking to Dom. 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/18/2018 6:51 pm  #3

So they released some photos from 5.14 and it shows Red talking to the therapist in his car (must be where he says the apple not falling far from the tree line).   Now I need to know how Red knows the therapist or accesses her for his own reasons.  Does he get her to reinstate Liz, use her to spy on Liz's sessions and see what she knows, or is he trying to keep her from getting reinstated for now?   The agony of waiting another 10 days. 

Last edited by Brittany (2/18/2018 6:52 pm)

2/18/2018 7:12 pm  #4

Brittany - I saw those. I would think the apple line would make the woman NOT want to reinstate Liz.

2/18/2018 7:54 pm  #5

The line continues on that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but she'll see Elizabeth for who she really is (something along those lines).  So perhaps he is trying to convince her, despite the fact that Liz is a lot like him?

2/18/2018 8:50 pm  #6

hi, does anyone remember who else said that line this season?  I think at least one person said it.

2/18/2018 10:53 pm  #7

lara1, Smokey said it in the 1st episode. 

2/18/2018 10:55 pm  #8

Brittany , I do not know that she knows about Red being her father?  But maybe she does? 

2/18/2018 11:33 pm  #9

East coast:  yeah I have no idea what she may know.  It depends on if she has any connection to Red prior to the sessions or if Liz reveals it?  Because the Apple comment doesn’t make a lot of sense if she has no idea what tree he’s referring to.

2/19/2018 12:51 am  #10

Brittany, I was just imagining Dom wondering how far Liz might go before she would drop it and Red saying something funny like that.  The reason I thought of him is because her coworkers know already she will not let up, but Dom does not really know her. On the other hand, it would be hilarious to see her face if he says it to her!! 

Either way, it is a win win!  

2/19/2018 11:22 am  #11

I guess its REd's agenda whatever it is.  He either wants her in the FBI to help with his hunt with Garvey or he doesn't, so Liz doesn't get to Garvey first.  But that scene looks like Red making the doctor an offer she can't refuse!

With the apple from the tree thing, what was curious to me was why Red said it as regards himself.  Oh yes, it was Abraham Stern who also said it this season - again, to Red.  that's a mystery to me.  

Maybe its more the imagery of the tree and the apple farm (Tansi).  Maybe its just linking back to the skeleton is all.   So - is the "apple" metaphorically the bones in the suitcase???  But then after that, I'm stumped.

PS - thanks Eastcoast for the Smokey reference.  I'll have to look at that.

Last edited by lara1 (2/19/2018 11:23 am)

2/20/2018 12:09 am  #12

lara, I went and looked at that preview again and I think that is who he is talking to.  For some reason I thought he was on the phone the first time I saw it.  I am going to chalk that up to being sick with strep throat and a few other things at the time! 
I do just love that look Liz gives her though when she turns her head. lol 

2/23/2018 6:57 pm  #13

I saw the Canadian promo for this episode on Tumblr and Liz also says something about knowing who she really is, reflecting what Red says to (presumably) the therapist in the car. 

And she has discovered that Singleton is dirty.  That was a surprise. I didn't expect her to find that out so soon. 

2/24/2018 2:40 am  #14

I saw it too Brittany.  I think I had mentioned about her finding out he was in her apartment. I figured she had cameras in there. We also see him following Liz and I think he sees her with Red.
I think one of the pictures show Red paying him a visit. I wonder if he gives him Garvey's name? 
I'm sure he will give Red whatever he wants! Lol

2/24/2018 7:40 am  #15

Eastcoast-  it does look like Liz had cameras in her apartment.  I wonder if she has always had them up or if she just put them up after discovering there was a cop involved or after Singleton showed up to return Tom’s things. Maybe she just didn’t yell at Red for being in her apartment the day she was turning Navarro into soup.

2/24/2018 12:00 pm  #16

Four more days, now. I really tried to get interested in the Games, but I just didn't care about a lot of it.

2/24/2018 4:08 pm  #17

Eastcoast wrote:

I saw it too Brittany. I think I had mentioned about her finding out he was in her apartment. I figured she had cameras in there. We also see him following Liz and I think he sees her with Red.
I think one of the pictures show Red paying him a visit. I wonder if he gives him Garvey's name?
I'm sure he will give Red whatever he wants! Lol

I don't know, but if Red is paying Singleton a visit I'd bet that Singleton is never seen again.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

2/24/2018 4:10 pm  #18

IowaWatcher wrote:

Four more days, now. I really tried to get interested in the Games, but I just didn't care about a lot of it.

What! Not even curling??

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

2/24/2018 4:12 pm  #19

I've actually been more into the Winter Olympics this year than usual.  I enjoy curling and have only enjoyed figure skating because of Tara and Johnny with their snarky commentary.  Some of the downhill skiing was pretty neat.  But I'm definitely ready for Blacklist to come back. 

2/24/2018 5:08 pm  #20

Honey West wrote:

IowaWatcher wrote:

What! Not even curling??

I know! I know! Congrats to the American men! But they had curling set up at the rink downtown, and I had a chance to play a "mock" game -- the teachers stood nearby and told us what to do. It was awesome! I'm hooked. But I want to be out on the ice, not in the stands!

I need my "Red Fix" -- maybe I'll stream some past episodes tonight.

Board footera