The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2018 5:26 pm  #41

Re: Possible Parallels

"And one of the things that I think from time to time was that Red as Russian "mole" is possibly what is being hinted at by all the references to the ground, holes in the ground, tunnels and such.  Its a stretch but that's what moles do (the rodent that is) - live underground and dig very long tunnels.  But that might be too large a leap on the word "mole""

That's a very interesting point. It makes a lot of sense. I'm more convinced now than ever that Red/Fred is not Reddington. And I do think it may be because he's from a different country. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

2/19/2018 5:36 pm  #42

Tatiana wrote:

Good observations, Tuxie. I had attributed all religious items as part of the good/evil theme, but you are far more specific and it makes me think then of the painting sent to Red: we know Liz killed her father the night of the fire, she says so when her memories are induced, and Red confirms it. The painting would confirm it too and thus that the bones in the suitcase belong to her real father, Raymond Reddington. 

If Raymond Reddington, a counter intelligence spy who is so well regarded and on a super track career path, if he was killed, there would have been an investigation. And if there was an investigation, a lot of things would have been revealed about both the Russians and the Americans and our counter intelligensia. 

They had to bury Raymond Reddington and they had to have 'Red' assume his identity. But who is Red? I don't know. Maybe if someone does find out that those are the real Raymond Reddington's bones, the truth about Faux Red, Fred, would also be revealed. 

Tatiana - I don't know Liz killed her father that night.  I'm less sure than ever now about her memories in Tom Connolly - especially with the Bogdan Krilov bombshell that he manipulated her memory a second time shortly before the Connolly killing.  It's never really clear what Red is confirming with his "yeah" when Liz tells him about those memories coming back at the end of the Connolly episode. The confirmation could have been to the last thing she said, "That's why you blocked my memory - not to protect yourself. To protect me."   Later in Lady Ambrosia, Red says, "You mother was never the same after that. The man she loved killed by the child she adored - it was just too much." That seems like a confirmation. But was it just playing on what she already believed - kind of like what he's doing now with since she thinks he's her father. The biggest question of all is: Does Red lie to Liz? We used to trust that rule - not so much anymore. It seems to me the rule that trumps all his others is: "“I believe I will always do whatever I feel I have to do to keep you alive..”  If that involves misleading her, he'll do it.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/19/2018 10:48 pm)

2/19/2018 5:41 pm  #43

lara1 and Tatiana - You both have interesting thoughts about why the real Reddington might have been replaced by the government agency he was working with. But why would our Red have stayed undercover for so long, - especially once the Soviet Union fell on Christmas Day in 1991, I don't see why the spy agencies  would have allowed the ruse to continue.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/19/2018 5:42 pm)

2/19/2018 5:44 pm  #44

Tatiana - I like your connection with mole and deep,dark holes, digging holes, and tunnels.

2/19/2018 5:53 pm  #45

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tatiana - I like your connection with mole and deep,dark holes, digging holes, and tunnels.

That was Lara's idea. Need to make sure she gets credit for that!

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

2/19/2018 5:56 pm  #46

Sorry lara1 - I didn't realize Tatiana was quoting you about the mole connections. I like them.

2/19/2018 8:45 pm  #47

Tatiana and Tuxie400 - I am always surprised by the connections that my brain makes (eg mole).  If I ever wrote a novel, it would be a strange one, I think!

Tuxie400 - "It seems to me the rule that trumps all his others is: "“I believe I will always do whatever I feel I have to do to keep you alive..”  If that involves misleading her, he'll do it." Absolutely agree.  

Why would Red have stayed undercover for so long?  sounds like maybe threats from Katerina's past circa 1994, made it unsafe for Liz and hence his criminal empire begins?  I don't know that is just a guess.    And that's the $60MM question....if he' still truly undercover, the government is helping ensure it for some reason.  But I haven't got a clue why, LOL

2/19/2018 8:47 pm  #48

should we move discussions to the hiatus thread?

2/19/2018 9:37 pm  #49

Lara - Yes, we should move the discussion to the hiatus board.
btw, I agree with you about 1994 and that's was when things heated up and he had to create his criminal empire.

2/19/2018 10:50 pm  #50

I wonder if a burn notice wasn't issued for Red in 1994 that violated some agreement he had with the U.S. government.

2/19/2018 11:28 pm  #51

Tuxie, I don't follow? Burn notice? Do you mean the burn on his back?

2/19/2018 11:35 pm  #52

"burn notice" is an official statement issued by an intelligence agency to other agencies. It states that an asset or intelligence source is unreliable.  This is essentially a directive for the recipient to disregard or "burn" all information derived from that individual and disavow all knowledge of the operative. Sometimes an assassination order on the operative will follow the burn notice.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/19/2018 11:39 pm)

2/19/2018 11:48 pm  #53

Thank you for explaining that.

2/20/2018 12:04 am  #54

Tuxie400 wrote:

I wonder if a burn notice wasn't issued for Red in 1994 that violated some agreement he had with the U.S. government.

Tuxie, I had wondered that except for the Fulcrum.  Do we know exactly when they knew he had it for sure?  I know the night of the fire they spoke of it but FItch gave me the impression that they would not do anything because they knew what he had. 

​Speaking of Fitch, I have been bothered a long time by what he said to Red and I keep forgetting to ask.  He said That they could have took him anytime because they always know where he is.  He said he was walking in the park that morning and they could have killed him then.  He was not in the park that morning!  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/20/2018 11:04 am  #55

Eastcoast wrote:

Tuxie400 wrote:

Tuxie, I had wondered that except for the Fulcrum.  Do we know exactly when they knew he had it for sure?  I know the night of the fire they spoke of it but FItch gave me the impression that they would not do anything because they knew what he had. 

​Speaking of Fitch, I have been bothered a long time by what he said to Red and I keep forgetting to ask.  He said That they could have took him anytime because they always know where he is.  He said he was walking in the park that morning and they could have killed him then.  He was not in the park that morning!  

Eastcoast - We know the deal he made with Firtch about the fulcrum was in 1994. But if a burn notice had been issued along with a kill order, that could have been when Red made contact with Finch and convinced him he had the fulcrum and would use it.

About walking in the park that morning, we don't see everything Red does in a day. I don't think Fitch was lying. 

2/20/2018 11:39 am  #56

Tuxie, I thought he had flown straight to the post office by Donald and then was captured that morning?

2/20/2018 12:19 pm  #57

Eastcoast - You are right that in the U.S., he got off a plane and went straight to the Post Office. But what about the European country where he was drinking with those guys? Might he not have walked in a park before going to that bar? Fitch was making a point that the Cabal was all-seeing, all-knowing.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (2/20/2018 12:37 pm)

2/21/2018 1:21 am  #58

Tuxie, I think they were in Germany which was the next day. Then took Red's plane back over here.  It is a little over 9 hours to fly here from there.  But you are right, I guess his point was he could always find him. 

2/23/2018 2:27 pm  #59

Another one for the louvered closet doors - In the informant, Liz hides in a closet with brown louvered doors in Navarro's apartment when the cops come to call.

2/24/2018 10:53 am  #60

I never got back to the comments related to sweetheart. Garvey called Liz darling, and Greyson Blaise called her sugar.

Board footera