The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2018 9:47 am  #21

Re: Ian Garvey, who is he and how did he know about the bones?

Tuxie400 wrote:

Brittany - I would expect Garvey's advanced surveillance techniques to come into play as the story unfolds. And I really, really hope that will mean Tadashi will be helping Liz and Red thwart his efforts. Because Tadashi is my absolute favorite new character this season.

Me too, Tuxie.  I really want to see him as an ongoing part of the Reddington crew (along with Mama Ito).

2/12/2018 10:52 am  #22

I think the kid and his mom would be fantastic to have on TBL.  It adds a little humor to things that you need here and there on this show!

I could just see her now breaking bad on a few blacklisters!
Maybe a backup to help Dembe sometime if he gets out numbered! Lol

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/12/2018 11:28 am  #23

LOL I also love Tadashi!  perfect casting too, IMO

And wouldn't it be great if Mom thwarts a Blacklister, even if accidentally?  And leaves Red - speechless!  LOL now that would be a feat!    haha

2/12/2018 11:41 am  #24

Yes, I want to see Mama Ito take out one of Garvey's henchmen!!!

2/12/2018 6:41 pm  #25

I think that we fans should be allowed to write one episode!

2/12/2018 6:49 pm  #26

IowaWatcher wrote:

I think that we fans should be allowed to write one episode!

IowaWatcher - for sure!!  

2/12/2018 8:43 pm  #27

Tuxie400 wrote:

Yes, I want to see Mama Ito take out one of Garvey's henchmen!!!

​Tuxie, I can picture it now!  Then Red says, Your Hired! lol 

2/12/2018 8:44 pm  #28

Iowawatcher, I think they owe us that.  (Hint to TPTB) 

3/09/2018 1:39 am  #29

So now we know that he is a Marshal. 
​Wears a ring that might mean he was in the Military. 
Has access to many things including the Witness Protection list. 
Might know who Naomi and Jennifer are? 
He knows who Red is.
​Knows who the bones belong to.
It might be personal because he mentioned to Red 'he didn't know who he was or why he wants the truth.'
Knows more than we do? :-) 

4/12/2018 12:16 am  #30

We can add that he is the one who put Naomi and Jennifer in the witness protection program. And he has been watching after Jennifer/Lillian all these years and has been like a surrogate father to her.  She thinks he is a nice man... 
​We can add that he has been a Marshal for a long time. I had been wondering how long he had been one. 

​This also made me think that he knew who Red was back then and he recognized him. 

4/12/2018 1:16 am  #31

I was thinking that back then he was a more junior level marshal and maybe he was assigned to Carla and Jennifer's case. Befriending them perhaps?

Garvey has been portrayed as a drug dealing dirty cop. By Red. How do we know he isn’t manipulating this perception of Garvey in order to deflect everyone’s attention from how he might be connected to Red's past? I mean, isn’t Garvey bad enough being known as Tom's killer?

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/12/2018 7:49 am  #32

Honey west - we were thinking the same thing, that Garvey's characterization may be what Red is telling us. After all, his records came up squeaky clean.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/12/2018 9:12 am  #33

Yeah, except he tortured Tom, Pete and Lena and killed the latter two even though they knew nothing.
He has a pack of goons whom he left  to deal with Liz and Tom and I get the idea that they would have had some "fun" with them before killing them if Red had not arrived on the scene.  And he has also killed Singleton.

It could be that he is just very careful and/or protected by someone.  Remember that state of the art gps eye?

It could also be to demonstrate mirror images, the good and the bad.  Or that we see what we want to see.  Lillian only sees one side of him.

My biggest question now is, why is Garvey so protective of her even after all this time, that he drives all the way out of his way to see her once a week.  What are his motives?  Has Lillian even been told the truth?  Perhaps yes, but that's the question I have right now.

4/12/2018 9:55 am  #34

I don't think Red needs to make Garvey look bad, for all the reasons Lara mentioned.  I think Garvey is just as bad as he appears.  And naturally if Lilly has only seen a protective guy she only knows that part of him.  We know from the leaked shoot sheet from 5.20 that Aly posted that Red explains to Jennifer/Lilly about why he left her. So maybe she only knew a part or never knew anything.  I'm really interested to see how she adds to this story and why Garvey is so involved. 

4/12/2018 1:11 pm  #35

Brittany, I forgot about that spoiler.  Thanks for that

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/25/2018 11:09 pm  #36

We learned that Garvey has been like a father to Jennifer/Lillian. 
I am not sure he is going to make it?  So if he does not we will have to wait for the tidbits from Red and Lillian. 

4/25/2018 11:14 pm  #37

Eastcoast - It seemed like Garvey coded just like Tom did. Will the docs be able to revive him? And if he's dead, do any of his underlings know who the bones are or where that DNA report is?  And speaking of the DNA report, shouldn't Liz have been notified about it at some point since it was her badge that was used to obtain it?

4/26/2018 12:12 am  #38

I was thinking while ago that he might have something in place that if something happens to him the bones go somewhere, like maybe the auction?  Like Red had in place about the Fulcrum that he didn't have.

4/26/2018 12:58 am  #39

Eastcoast wrote:

I was thinking while ago that he might have something in place that if something happens to him the bones go somewhere, like maybe the auction?  Like Red had in place about the Fulcrum that he didn't have.

I agree.

So what we know is that WE will know the identity of the bones by season end. My question is which characters, if any, will also learn that information.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/27/2018 7:13 am  #40

Ever since learning that Garvey was involved in Jennifer's life and acted as a surrogate father, I've been wondering why he got so close to Jennifer and Carla.  I don't think he was using them to get to Red.  He appears to have genuinely cared for Jennifer.  He taught her to drive, etc.  But why?  It isn't especially prudent for a known U.S. Marshal to be hanging out with witnesses on the regular.  They have to do some check-in, but they are careful about it.   He could have explained them away as just friends or whatever, but these people need to blend in, and he could draw attention to them.  So why risk it? 

We've talked about some of the little parallels between Garvey/Jennifer and Red/Liz (protector most of her life, telling her that everything she thought she knew has been a lie, etc), but I've been wondering if there could be some bigger parallels involved.  None of these have any evidence to them at this point, but just thoughts I've let roll around in my head. 

1) I already mentioned this in the 5.19 thread, but what if Garvey got involved in the Nash Syndicate in order to protect Jennifer?  It gave him criminal connections, money, more power, and possibly allowed him to go after anyone he thought might be trying to hurt Jennifer (like Red says he built his criminal empire to keep Liz safe). 

2) I had this thought just this morning and it goes back to why Garvey would get so close to Jennifer and Carla and why Carla would allow it.  Especially because JB has teased that Carla/Naomi will be a brought up as the season closes out.  Perhaps Garvey was just a friendly face they could trust and a connection to their lives, but what if Garvey and Carla had been romantically involved?  Perhaps they had been having an affair for a while and Carla told Garvey the truth (or part of it), believing she could trust him?  Perhaps she told him that she and Jennifer weren't really in danger from Red, parts of what really happened, but maybe she never said anything about Elizabeth or left it vague enough that Garvey couldn't connect the dots to Liz even when he saw how important she was to Red. She entrusted him to keep up the lie to Jennifer.  Then, Carla breaks it off (Garvey's married with kids) and moves on to be with Frank.  Garvey, who is angry that Carla won't be with him, manipulates Jennifer into walking away from her mother, saying that if Red comes around she can't be trusted to protect her or that he will find them because she's around her, etc.  Essentially kidnapping Jennifer and taking her from her mother, even though she was a grown woman and willingly left.  Because it didn't make a lot of sense that Jennifer would need to walk away from her mother for fear that Red would find her if she was around her.   It sounds as though she didn't trust her mother.  This could also relate to the first thing I mentioned about Garvey's involvement with the Nash Syndicate. 

Board footera