The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2023 6:58 pm  #1

Episode 10.20 - Arthur Hudson

My channel guide doesn't give a synopsis, but I think it is pretty safe to assume that Arthur Hudson is not going to have a good time tonight.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

7/06/2023 8:42 pm  #2

Re: Episode 10.20 - Arthur Hudson

"Tonight's ep is called ARTHUR HUDSON. Past experience shows that eps named for someone don't always end well for them. I am calling that he will meet his end at the hands of... 

Jonathan Pritchard"

[color=#4d5156]Well, I guess I was wrong! Also, how'd I miss Andrew McCarthy?![/color]

Last edited by RedIsMyCoPilot (7/06/2023 8:43 pm)

7/06/2023 8:44 pm  #3

(No Spoilers!)

Good episode tonight! Well worth watching! I'll have more to say in a day or two. I don't know if you've caught up or not, HW.

My snack was several old-fashioned ginger snaps and hot tea. Someone brought back a box from the farmers market.

Hello to all! Glad you're here. Two more episodes . . .

7/06/2023 8:52 pm  #4

OOPS! Sorry for the semi-spoiler! 

7/07/2023 12:14 am  #5

I make a point of staying off of here until the show is over.

Ya know, a couple of scenes earlier, when Red said something to the always-offscreen-Edward, I thought about how we had never seen Edward and wondered if he was going to remain the never-seen-Edward until the end. Then, lo and behold! he turns out to be Andrew McCarthy! Well-played, Blacklist!

Dembe did a great job warning Red, and when the plane blew up I was pretty sure that it was a fakeout but wasn't sure how they were going to explain it.

I have a feeling it will be Ressler who personally takes care of Hudson.

Loved seeing Hettie and Teddy. So nice of Red to giver her a bird sanctuary of her very own, and I got a laugh over Teddy saying he didn't understand animals.

Well, we always figured that Red would be #1 on The Blacklist. Catch me if you can, indeed!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

7/07/2023 11:17 am  #6

My big question: who was watching the goings-on at the post office? At various time, a frame would appear on the screen, showing someone was watching from a secret camera.

Is Mr. Kaplan going to return? Or did Arthur Hudson set those up? Or did Red?

Something to puzzle over for awhile . . .

7/07/2023 8:46 pm  #7

I loved this episode. It's rare that the writers of this show understand the art of subtlety, but they nailed it this episode. Killing off Hudson would be over the top, out of character for any of the main stars as well as unnecessary for the plot. 

Like Hudson, every character in the AG's room was well-constructed: five honest people who do what they think must be done for the greater good. Yet with wildly different outcomes. 

The episode has a tragic undertone, with the task force dissolving, Red saying goodbye to his friends and Pritchard's story ending in the saddest way possible. 

Yet, there's room for humor. Some great quotes from the task force members while interrogated, and fun moments with Red's old friends. 

Red's character is developing well. We've seen the version of Red that is ending the empire and ready for something new. For the first time we see Red being unsure, not having a plan. Still, there is Red as the audacious criminal mastermind, the man who joins a secret meeting at the AG's office through video knowing well how much more this will piss off Hudson. 

I never thought we would see Edward, but now we did and he looks exactly as I imagined him (tho I must say I didn't realise it was Andrew McCarthy). 

With Hudson not being #2 on the list, it's time to retroactively give that spot to Townsend. I feel like there'll be some more spots retroactively distributed after this season (the Hat Trickers, the guy who killed Judge Dockery, maybe Room 417).

This season has had its ups and downs and has often been a snooze. I've been missing an actually threatening main antagonist and a drive for Red to continue, but somehow the plot works well. Especially the past few episodes have made me very excited for the finale.

7/07/2023 10:09 pm  #8

I also admit not recognizing Andrew McCarthy, but to be honest, I was Team Steff back then as well.

7/08/2023 1:59 pm  #9

IowaWatcher wrote:

My big question: who was watching the goings-on at the post office? At various time, a frame would appear on the screen, showing someone was watching from a secret camera.

Is Mr. Kaplan going to return? Or did Arthur Hudson set those up? Or did Red?

Something to puzzle over for awhile . . .

Ah yes, I forgot to mention the cameras, too! I kept wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of was the duplicate Post Office that Red built. But then I couldn't think of why they would be using that. I know the Post Office has cameras because we saw them back in Anslo Garrick. I would think Red's people were watching. Just because he shut down most of his spy network, doesn't mean he's stopped watching the Post Office, I guess.

Wouldn't that be something if Mr. Kaplan ended up being alive? 

This Thursday is going to be great, and kind of sad at the same time.

7/08/2023 2:01 pm  #10

TheYeti wrote:

I loved this episode. It's rare that the writers of this show understand the art of subtlety, but they nailed it this episode. Killing off Hudson would be over the top, out of character for any of the main stars as well as unnecessary for the plot. 

Like Hudson, every character in the AG's room was well-constructed: five honest people who do what they think must be done for the greater good. Yet with wildly different outcomes. 

The episode has a tragic undertone, with the task force dissolving, Red saying goodbye to his friends and Pritchard's story ending in the saddest way possible. 

Yet, there's room for humor. Some great quotes from the task force members while interrogated, and fun moments with Red's old friends. 

Red's character is developing well. We've seen the version of Red that is ending the empire and ready for something new. For the first time we see Red being unsure, not having a plan. Still, there is Red as the audacious criminal mastermind, the man who joins a secret meeting at the AG's office through video knowing well how much more this will piss off Hudson. 

I never thought we would see Edward, but now we did and he looks exactly as I imagined him (tho I must say I didn't realise it was Andrew McCarthy). 

With Hudson not being #2 on the list, it's time to retroactively give that spot to Townsend. I feel like there'll be some more spots retroactively distributed after this season (the Hat Trickers, the guy who killed Judge Dockery, maybe Room 417).

This season has had its ups and downs and has often been a snooze. I've been missing an actually threatening main antagonist and a drive for Red to continue, but somehow the plot works well. Especially the past few episodes have made me very excited for the finale.

Totally agree with everything, TheYeti!

I suspect that if anyone kills Hudson, it will be Red, to save Ressler one more time.

7/08/2023 2:02 pm  #11

RedIsMyCoPilot wrote:

I also admit not recognizing Andrew McCarthy, but to be honest, I was Team Steff back then as well.

LOL!

7/09/2023 4:42 pm  #12

Yes, it will be sad, but it's time for this show to end.
I would like to see it come back as a full-length movie at some point and focus mostly on the
spy stuff.
They've just wandered too far from the original premises.
I also don't think a spin-off will work with the present characters.

I'm trying not to get my expectations up for the finale, just ride with it.

7/13/2023 6:43 pm  #13

Hello from a long lost refugee! Much has happened in my life since posting here, mostly good, but it just seemed wrong to watch the series conclusion without showing my support for this wonderful site.

I suspect there will be discussions and dissertations for years after tonight's finale. I'm looking forward to them. Hope all is well with everyone here. It's going to be a gas ❤️

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

7/13/2023 6:57 pm  #14

Great to hear from you, Colleen! Hard to believe we are finally at the end of the series! Glad you joined us for the end!

7/13/2023 9:22 pm  #15

Thank you Honey West!  I'm digesting the past 2 hours and the Aviation cocktails are slowing my brain.  My fiancee loved the ending but I didn't. He's currently singing "I did it my way" in mangled Spanish. Meanwhile I'm questioning the lineage of Tsar Nicholas II, why Tom Keen was kidnapped as a child, what's in the giftbox that Red gave to Dembe, and where is Flat Cat.

How about everyone else?

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

Board footera