The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2023 11:00 am  #1

Episode 10.19 - Room 417

Synopsis: A cryptic tip from Red leads the task force to uncover a security breach within the U.S. government; Congressman Hudson takes major steps to uncover the inner workings of the task force.

I liked this episode a lot better than last week: the pacing was better, plus a lot more going on!

My snack was a homemade chocolate chip cookie (I'm making several dozen to take to picnics this weekend).

Have a safe and happy 4th of July, everyone!

Last edited by IowaWatcher (6/30/2023 11:05 am)

6/30/2023 2:16 pm  #2

Re: Episode 10.19 - Room 417

Thanks for starting the thread, IowaWatcher! Once again, I almost forgot to watch at 8 PM. Good thing I have it set to record all new episodes!

I liked it, too. There was a LOT going on. I still don't care for the Ressler betrayed by his AA guy storyline. That guy is a hot mess, but still, you would think he wouldn't turn on Ressler so quickly. I figured out pretty quickly that the stuff belonged to Red. The fax machine gave that away. I like that he's "persuading" his people to "retire" along with him and making sure they are all taken care of. Red is all about loyalty after all, and I'm beginning to think that is actually the main theme of the show. If Red was going to tell anything about what was going on with him, he would have told Cooper or even Dembe, I think. And I figured he would eventually show up in Cooper's house again. After all, they are connected through Agnes. And, we are actually getting teasers for the next episodes again. What did Red say, something like what did you expect, I'm no angel, or you made a deal with the devil, or something like that.

IW, my snack was a late dinner of chicken tortilla soup and spinach salad. Working late in my yard as we will hit 106 this weekend.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/30/2023 4:42 pm  #3

Is no one going to mention the all-too-brief glimpse of PAULA?

6/30/2023 5:34 pm  #4

7/01/2023 11:00 am  #5

Much more informative episode. It's been so long that it's hard to remember all the pieces, especially with distractions from all the silly interim plots.

I was struck not just by the older technology, but by the comment about how it went back to the late 90s. I'm noodling on how that ties into the timeline, since that was when "Reddington" as we know him emerged.. I can think of differing Spy vs. Spy scenarios while enjoying watching it through to the end. IRL I worked for a government agency that actually finished its job and closed down, so I can see the Task Force as white hats as well as black hats. Or both. 

Happy to be back with you guys through the end of this saga.

7/02/2023 1:10 pm  #6

I think we will be seeing lots of previous episode people as the show winds down and out. I'm just sad that one we won't see is Glen. Maybe his mom will appear?

Great to have you back posting Laocoon! Yes, I was noting the same thing about the 90's technology and figuring it was no coincidence that it dates from the time of "Reddington's" emergence. I need to go look at that time period in Eastcoast's Timeline thread. Or just enjoy the end of the ride and don't keep trying to figure things out - sure, like that will EVER happen! LOL! The show has been a fun puzzle. Frustrating at times, but overall, still quite fun! Remember when we were dissecting the items on the shelves in Reddington's strange little apartment? Seems like a lifetime ago.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

7/03/2023 11:19 pm  #7

Honey West wrote:

I think we will be seeing lots of previous episode people as the show winds down and out. I'm just sad that one we won't see is Glen. Maybe his mom will appear?

It was nice to see her briefly appear in this episode. I have a feeling quite some cast members will show up as a surprise in the finale episodes. I'd at least expect Panabaker even though she isn't listed officially. 

This season has been slow at points, but the last episode was great and gives a good starting shot for what seems to be a satisfying conclusion. 

I'm a bit surprised they didn't give this episode a Blacklist number. It would've fitted well. 

7/04/2023 10:55 am  #8

Looking ahead in the guide, I see we have one hour this Thursday and the next Thursday we will have the two final episodes back to back. This week's is named for Hudson and the last two don't show any titles.

7/04/2023 10:25 pm  #9

From IMDB, I see Raymond Reddington: Pt. 1
Raymond Reddington: Good Night

I also see 'Santiago' in the first ep; and in the second - 
Paramedic Alvin   Nurse Practioner

Last edited by RedIsMyCoPilot (7/04/2023 10:29 pm)

7/06/2023 10:48 am  #10

Tonight's ep is called ARTHUR HUDSON. Past experience shows that eps named for someone don't always end well for them. I am calling that he will meet his end at the hands of... 

Jonathan Pritchard

Board footera