The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/14/2023 4:25 pm  #1

Episode 10.12 - Dr. Michael Abani

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms, step-moms, wanna-be moms, etc.!

Don't know what my snack will be tonight, but tea will be involved.

Sounds like an interesting show tonight!

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64074236

In this upcoming episode, Dembe (played by Hisham Tawfiq) reflects on his complicated past when he receives a concerning call from an old connection. As he delves deeper into his past, he must confront the difficult choices he has made and the consequences of his actions.

Meanwhile, an ambitious congressman begins to question the task force’s operations, raising doubts about their methods and motives. As tensions rise, the team must work to defend their reputation and protect their mission.

Last edited by IowaWatcher (5/14/2023 4:28 pm)

5/14/2023 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Episode 10.12 - Dr. Michael Abani

Thanks for starting the thread, Iowa Watcher! I was just going to do it. Sounds like an interesting episode. I’ve often wondered about parts of Dembe's backstory that we hadn’t heard before - like one from his point of view for a change.

I think I may have a couple of small tangerines for my snack. Unless I eat them earlier!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/15/2023 1:13 am  #3

"You speak French?"
"There was a girl."

I remember this exchange between someone (Red?) and Dembe from an earlier season. Anyone remember the episode?

5/15/2023 6:37 am  #4

TheYeti wrote:

"You speak French?"
"There was a girl."

I remember this exchange between someone (Red?) and Dembe from an earlier season. Anyone remember the episode?

SEASON 4, EPISODE 14: THE ARCHITECT

[ Polpetto is in his car, ready to leave. Red and Dembe get in the car with him]

Red: Ah. Oh, God, I love the smell of oil paint. Ahh. Almost more than gasoline. Why are there certain toxic smells that just grab you that way?

Polpetto: [ In Italian, w subtitles ] What is this? What do you want? Come si dice–
Red: Uh, “kidnapping”?
Dembe: “Rapimento.”
Red: You speak Italian?
Dembe: There was a girl.
Red: Of course there was. Tell Polpetto I’m a great admirer of his work. Mm, not so much his nudes. They’re a hair splayed for my tastes. And that I do apologize, but I require his services.
Dembe: [ To Polpetto, simply: ] Rapimento.

Last edited by RedIsMyCoPilot (5/15/2023 6:40 am)

5/15/2023 12:21 pm  #5

Well, at least now we know the story of Dembe's family a bit better. It makes more sense how he could leave them and run off to go work for Red at a moment's notice and leave them. I mean, I figured if he had a wife she was an ex, but their real relationship made a lot more sense. And of course, his work would have kept them in constant danger.

Thanks for finding that scene, RedIsMyCoPilot. You are GOOD!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/15/2023 12:54 pm  #6

Thank you from me, as well, RedIsMyCoPilot. You saved me a ton of time.

For the most part, I liked the episode, except there is one detail really nagging at me:
how is it Aissa had Red's phone number? I mean, Dembe has to go somewhere that is watched and
leave a white X chalk mark to get Red to phone him, but Aissa has his current phone number?
How? Did I miss something? Maybe a scene was cut? I admit that I was tired last night but not
that tired.

But, yes, it was interesting learning more about the past, tons better than last week's show.

5/15/2023 4:31 pm  #7

Honey West wrote:

Well, at least now we know the story of Dembe's family a bit better. It makes more sense how he could leave them and run off to go work for Red at a moment's notice and leave them. I mean, I figured if he had a wife she was an ex, but their real relationship made a lot more sense. And of course, his work would have kept them in constant danger.

Thanks for finding that scene, RedIsMyCoPilot. You are GOOD!

Well, someone else found it on Reddit... I copied it! 

5/15/2023 9:14 pm  #8

You still saved me a lot of time! I'm on a slow internet where even just Googling stuff
takes far too long.

5/16/2023 8:14 pm  #9

Board footera