The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2021 5:24 pm  #1

Spoiler re: Megan Boone

Spoiler alert .....
Do not read unless you are ok with spoilers

My husband just told me they announced that Megan Boone is leaving the show effective with episode 8:22.

I do not know how they can do this unless this is the end?

Jon Bokenkamp has repeatedly stated that the secret is between Liz and Red and once the secret is revealed, there is more show.

They have not teased a "secret reveal" of this level of intensity since the end of season 4, I think.

Thoughts?

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

6/15/2021 8:34 pm  #2

Re: Spoiler re: Megan Boone

I am sad to see her go. It just will not be the same show without her.  What I do not understand is if they knew she was leaving, I would think they would have written her character a bit smarter. I think she deserves that. 

You are right, he did say the show ends when we know.  Who knows?  If not,  I hope they don't bring someone in to replace her claiming that she had surgery to hide.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

6/15/2021 11:39 pm  #3

Who announced it?

Maybe Megan wants to spend more time with her daughter and a full time tv series conflicts too much. Perhaps she will be back but not as a regular cast member?

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/15/2021 11:45 pm  #4

Here is a link to the Deadline article, which broke the news.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/the-blacklist-megan-boone-leaving-elizabeth-keen-8-seasons-1234768133/

Apparently the decision was made before they were even renewed for season 9, so that's interesting.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/16/2021 8:42 pm  #5

It may too late to post this, but look at some interesting character names here:

https://the-blacklist.fandom.com/wiki/Nachalo

Board footera