The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2021 9:10 pm  #1

8.22 - Konets

I thought I had seen an unofficial synopsis, but now I can’t find it. Oh well, I’m sure one will show up eventually. Meanwhile konets translates from Russian as end.

The episode was originally titled “Neville Townsend".

It will air on Wednesday, June 23rd.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/08/2021 1:21 am  #2

Re: 8.22 - Konets

Here's the description from Reddit: Reddington makes a disturbing request to Liz in exchange for the truth about his identity.

I'm a bit surprised by the title. It's the end of what? The story behind Reddington? His mission? I'm also a bit scared about the rumours that Liz may get killed off in the season finale. While I hope it's not true, I feel like it may happen because of the title of this episode, the fact that there's another season after the big reveal, and the fact that Townsend will probably be #2 on the list, which is very high compared to many blacklisters that seemed more important to the original story.

6/08/2021 11:21 am  #3

Thanks for posting that, TheYeti! I had seen that on Twitter but then couldn't find it again. 

I think it's the end of TBL as we know it up to now. We know Liz can't go back to being an agent, and since the Blacklist has been to keep Liz safe, using the FBI, and it hasn't worked so Red is now forced to level with her, then I think it's probably the end of the Task Force as we know it. That's not to say we might not see members of the TF continue on, but definitely not as it has been. We know Panabaker told Harold about the burn notice on Keen, and that once eliminated, the Task Force will never have existed either. She didn't say they were burned, too, but she also didn't say what would happen to them. So my best guess is that we may see a Task Force-less storyline next season.

Anyway, I think a lot will depend on what they do with Townsend before the season ends. I'm sure Liz still has that tracking chip activated, and if it doesn't lead Townsend to them, it will lead someone to them, who may be even worse. Season 9 might be Red trying to not only protect Liz, but also his whole empire.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

6/13/2021 9:38 am  #4

TBL producers, writers & directors aren't exactly doing an open dive into a waterless pool. A lot of money, a ton of money depends on keeping their franchise intact and running for additional season(s). So dismantling the core essence of the franchise by knocking off either/both core characters (Red, Liz) would be against the prime directive. 

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

6/20/2021 2:16 pm  #5

I wonder what Red's disturbing request will be? I suspect that, like all the other people who know who he is, it will be that she has to agree to disappear permanently. And maybe not be able to take Agnes with her. Red will probably send her to that private island we've heard about, maybe. :-)

6/21/2021 6:24 pm  #6

6/23/2021 3:41 pm  #7

Oh, this is a must-see if you haven’t seen it yet! Spoiler - it involves helium.

https://tvline.com/2021/06/23/the-blacklist-finale-spoilers-season-8-episode-22-video/

6/23/2021 7:15 pm  #8

HW, that was hilarious!  I'm glad they are going to give a little humor to lighten things up.  Lol

It's a shame you have no crackers  

6/23/2021 10:22 pm  #9

That was a highly disturbing show. I'm still processing it.

Board footera