The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2021 2:43 am  #1

Season 9

I'm sure most of you read this today. The Blacklist was renewed for a 9th season by NBC.

Obviously they feel that there is still plenty of story to tell, so we shall see what happens after the next episode. I keep reading that the show is going to be going in yet another new direction. I plan to continue pretty much just following along and enjoying the stories and performances, because that seems to be the best way to go! At least for me.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

1/28/2021 2:51 pm  #2

Re: Season 9

I just saw that today.  I can't believe it's going another season. I really wanted the end to be this season.  I just want the reveal, so I can move on with my life.

1/30/2021 1:34 am  #3

Tuxie400 wrote:

I just saw that today.  I can't believe it's going another season. I really wanted the end to be this season.  I just want the reveal, so I can move on with my life.

I have to agree.  I just feel like it's dragging along.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

5/05/2021 4:22 pm  #4

I'm interested to see what they do with it. Might go either way: very good or very bad.

5/06/2021 12:20 pm  #5

I just wonder how they will resolve the current Liz/Red problem. I can't see Liz trying to do him in for another whole season. My prediction is that they will be forced to unite against something or someone Really Bad!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/06/2021 7:59 pm  #6

Honey West wrote:

I just wonder how they will resolve the current Liz/Red problem. I can't see Liz trying to do him in for another whole season. My prediction is that they will be forced to unite against something or someone Really Bad!

Yeah, that would work. I have zero clue what they might do. I'm going to just ride along with it. I do wish they would revisit some of the Tom Bond stuff and clear that up.

5/06/2021 8:28 pm  #7

I remember when I was at comicon in Chicago a few years ago it became really clear they had made a "corporate" business decision to keep this thing going for as long as possible, somewhere around 10-11 seasons.
This is a marathon, not a sprint.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/07/2021 10:05 am  #8

They are going to have to up their game, recapture the writing and spirit of the first season, create more compelling characters. I dunno. I'd think about winding it up and doing something else. Some ideas can only be stretched so far.

6/21/2021 7:53 pm  #9

I'm reading that Megan Boone is leaving the show after the finale. If true, that puts another major spin on things. I'm not sure how Season 9 will work.

Board footera