The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2019 1:27 pm  #1

A List of phrases that can have a double meaning.

I have been thinking about this for some time. I have had these notes and I think
this is a good time to get them posted. I did see that there are some recently posted when I was looking around today focused mainly about the ones in the show.  

We have talked for a few years now about the lexical ambiguities in
the show.  Berlin cutting of his hand, Naomi and Liz about how the 2 of them are connected. 
Was the photo shown KR and Liz or Kr's mom and her and Red saying he was once someone else. 

The stuff that I really wanted to dive into was the Interviews.

I have been trying to get time to go back over his interviews and post what I found.  I realized that may take longer than I thought!  So what have any of you found that you found may have 2 meanings that JB or any of the others have said?   These are the ones I have in my notes that stood out. 

JB, 
The bones belong to Raymond Reddington.

JS, 
They wouldn't have made a tv show about that guy,
they made a tv show about this guy,
because he's Raymond Reddington. 

If we can, I would like to just keep the phrases we find on this page since
we have other pages with the theories we can discuss them on.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

7/17/2019 1:51 am  #2

Re: A List of phrases that can have a double meaning.

So when do bones belong to you, but they are not yours?  

When I first pondered the interview of the bones last May, I was trying to figure out where I
had heard the expression about the bones belonging to Raymond Reddington.  I knew I hadn't
because this was all new.  Then the next day, I got a good laugh because I was remembering
what had happened back in College.

Years ago, before there was internet to track your orders, our Anatomy teacher had
purchased another skeleton for class.  Well, part of it came and the other part
had for some reason got separated and was sitting somewhere and had people asking questions.
Long but funny story short, she was telling us she had been on the phone trying to explain to some
idiot drama king that the Bones were hers. A Lexical Ambiguity. 
 So reflecting on this, I was thinking that they do belong to our Red. He had possession.  

Last edited by Eastcoast (7/17/2019 1:51 am)

It's a shame you have no crackers  

7/17/2019 12:42 pm  #3

That's an interesting story about the skeleton, Eastcoast.  But I still believe the real Raymond Reddington died long ago, and those bones are his.

7/17/2019 5:37 pm  #4

That's a good one, Eastcoast!

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

Board footera