The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2019 9:08 pm  #1

R, R, R,

Requiem, Ruin and Rassvet. 
R,R,R. 
Raymond Red Reddington. 

I was just thinking how odd that is.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

5/04/2019 9:34 pm  #2

Re: R, R, R,

Hmmmm...

Requiem is music for a funeral

Ruin is of course devastation

Rassvet is reborn or new dawn in Russian

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

9/21/2021 11:33 am  #3

Re: R, R, R,

Insightful observations! Many “coincidences.” Perhaps there was method to this oddity.  
One uniting glue among all these “R”s is yet another “R” --- Rostova.

In Requiem we see both Katarina Rostova and daughter Masha Rostova. We see Katarina (KR 1.0) savagely slit the throat of her assignment. Later Raymond Red Reddington (KR 2.0) recruits Mr. Kaplan (again!) to protect Elisabeth Keen (nee Rostova).

In Ruin Elisabeth Keen (nee Rostova) ruthlessly kills her pursuers -- reminding us of momma Rostova’s rampage in Cape May.

In Rassvet we see the Rostova patriarch and matriarch. Their daughter Katarina Rostova rubs out two armed rivals in close combat. With Russian Embassy aide Ilya Koslov KRostova escapes her pursuers and resurrects Raymond “Red” Reddington (nee Rostova).

Other related Rs: Ressler, writer Reiter. Remarkably, Sunday was Talk Like a Pirate Day….. ARrrrrr!

Red: "Betraying [Katarina] would be like ... betraying myself."  (Season 7, Louis Steinhil part 1)

Board footera