The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2018 6:31 pm  #1

Things that are not Consistent

There have been things that are not consistent in this show as we know.  I do get tired of fishing through old stuff trying to find it. 

When I was watching the Freelancer I noticed that Liz and Red took their polygraphs on 8.11.13.  He did not turn himself in until Sept.  

Maybe this was when it was filmed but..... I would have thought they would catch something like that and fix it.  

It's a shame you have no crackers  

7/08/2018 10:52 am  #2

Re: Things that are not Consistent

How do we know it was September when Red turned himself in?  The show started in Sept., but I don't think we got a date.  Was there a date shown on a computer screen or some of the paperwork?

7/08/2018 11:57 am  #3

The last time I remember it mentioned is from Gale in S4.
When he was talking to Liz. I think in the ice rink.

7/09/2018 8:39 pm  #4

Yes, that's right, Gale used the exact date of the pilot which was 9/2013.

I just went back and watched The Freelancer and there is no other way to explain it: the lie detector tests on Red and Liz say 8/11/13.

Furthermore, the events that occurred in the Pilot, we can conclude did take place in September because Tom is taking his school kids on a field trip. I'm pretty sure most public schools don't start until late August.

Everything about the props and costumes indicate mid to late September and absolutely not August. Beth is wearing a pink jacket. Ranko Zamani is wearing something like a wool pea coat. Tom is wearing a heavy, gold cordoroy jacket (just like Dom's)  Even in the opening scene, people are wearing trench coats and scarves. It gets pretty hot and muggy in August.

So something doesn't jibe.

Good catch.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

7/09/2018 11:35 pm  #5

Tatiana, I was looking at the clothes too.  I just did a quick scan and Gale mentioned that Liz went from a Rookie Profiler to a classified assignment on 9.23.13.and that the Redington task force started to fall apart on Oct.1st. 

7/10/2018 9:28 am  #6

I'm really intrigued by the 8-11-13 thing now. And what's with the task force falling apart one week after it started. Although that could refer to Dianne Fowler's mole in Agent Meera and the infiltration into the Post Office by Anslo Garrick.

Just when I think it's starting to make sense.

So they've all been infested with some weird virus that makes dates mutable and humans shape shifters. Hmmm.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

7/10/2018 2:02 pm  #7

I chalk the lie detector date mistake up to a new team making the show: Bokenkamp with no experience working on TV, and Eisendrath with little experience as a show runner. I think it's likely the production people thought the dates should be in real time as they were shooting. Also, I don't think anybody on the show worries about dates as much as the fans do.

7/10/2018 4:03 pm  #8

Tuxie - I agree. The 8-11-13 date was probably the date they recorded it and no one caught it before airing. I can confirm there was something else similar to this that post-production readily admitted was not caught before airing. I wish I could remember the specifics, but it was something big like an overhead clip of NYC when it should have been DC instead. That's not the actual error, I'm just saying we know for a fact this happens from time to time.

What I do wonder about is why Gale said the task force fell apart one week after it started. Have we all had our memories wiped. 

7/10/2018 5:00 pm  #9

It makes sense to me that having Red as an informant, the FBI would then dismantle the FBI task force that was trying to apprehend him.

7/10/2018 5:56 pm  #10

Tuxie400 wrote:

It makes sense to me that having Red as an informant, the FBI would then dismantle the FBI task force that was trying to apprehend him.

You know Tuxie, you have the ability to point out the obvious to me :-)  This is what happens when I go out of order and out of context.

Thank you! 

7/17/2018 11:19 pm  #11

Tuxie400 wrote:

How do we know it was September when Red turned himself in?  The show started in Sept., but I don't think we got a date.  Was there a date shown on a computer screen or some of the paperwork?

Tuxie, you made me start to wonder if there was something to the date we saw on the paper work dated in June. 
Gale mentioned 2 dates.  The pilot date and the date for the task force breakup.  It could be that the agreement was drawn up in Sept.  
They did not draw up that agreement on the first day he showed up.  Some things had happened before that was done. 
 There are 2 problems I see off top of my head.  One is that people are not dressed for summer and second is that Gale uses the pilot date for when Liz started to work there.  I did mention that I thought it could just be the date they filmed it, but it looks like something they would have noticed. But you are right that they were a bit new to this.

7/17/2018 11:30 pm  #12

I want to mention a thought that crossed my mind yesterday after watching S4 about the 20/30 years that Mr. Kaplan was with Red. 

Liz mentioned the 30 years.  Maybe Liz knows something already that we have not been told yet.

The thing I love about re-watching is that sometimes you get a new idea for something when it may come across a different way.

I think we have discussed before that we were not sure if Kate was really who she claimed to be at all.  Her references were a bit overboard to me.  Speaking only for myself, if someone told me not to love their child I would probably not even take the job.  I would think the mother was nuts!  But that is me, everyone is different.  Not to mention I would not hire someone who said dead bodies were their waterloo.  

We had wondered if Red or Someone/Red had sent her there.  It could be that they gave her the references that they knew would appeal to KR. 

If Red would hire Tom that to me could be a hint he hired Kate.  He could have used a different name or his real name he had before he took this name.  He hired Tom without Tom knowing who he was and could have done the same with her in the beginning.  

When he said to her that 'he was as unknown as she might like to believe', I started thinking that maybe she had worked for him and not known it was him.  It could have had a middle man like how the Major talked to Tom.  Or Maybe they had talked and he used a different voice and a disguise. 
 Liz and Tom didn't even know he was at their wedding!   When I first heard that I thought he had been using disguises all this time to see her.  Not like he could go as himself being on the top 10 list.  

It has always bugged me seeing Kate walk out of the woods alone especially after seeing that it had driving paths where someone could take a car.  I am not saying she could not go for a walk by herself, but I feel like you have to look at the possibility she could have been meeting someone there. 

So the 20 years could be the amount of time she worked with him as Red, and the 30 years could be from the time he hired her the first time that Liz knows about. 

Last edited by Eastcoast (7/17/2018 11:31 pm)

7/18/2018 11:30 am  #13

Eastcoast - Yes, I remember people discussing the June date on the paperwork years ago.  I think the show runners are just number challenged and overlook these mistakes. To me it doesn't matter whether Red turned himself in in June or September - sometime in 2013 works for me.

7/18/2018 3:07 pm  #14

I just always think back to when he shot Kate and she reminded him that she knew all of his secrets. I need to do some rewatching of that and Requiem when he hired her, knowing now what we think we know. Because, as you all are pointing out, he could have hired her as who he really is back before he hired her to work for Raymond Reddington the Criminal.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

Board footera