The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2018 3:02 pm  #1

Who, what, when, why, where

That pretty much covers everything about the "creation" of faux-Red that I can think of during my way too short lunch break.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/17/2018 4:18 pm  #2

Re: Who, what, when, why, where

This is a great idea! I'm sure there will be some interesting theories and tidbits!

5/17/2018 7:24 pm  #3

I can't even begin to count the number of times I haventirnednto my husband and started singing "Who Are You?" while watching this show. I guess I watched too much CSI. But I've always thought this Red was not who he claims to be.

But it does beg the question: then who ARE YOU?

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/17/2018 8:33 pm  #4

LOL! I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion during the long hiatus. I just wanted to give it it's own space on the board. I could even set it up as it's own category if that would be better. But I think this will work.
I almost called it Who Are You? (I really wanna know!)

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

5/17/2018 8:51 pm  #5

Honey West wrote:

LOL! I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion during the long hiatus. I just wanted to give it it's own space on the board. I could even set it up as it's own category if that would be better. But I think this will work.
I almost called it Who Are You? (I really wanna know!)

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/17/2018 10:35 pm  #6

So, what do you all think? Should we break this up into topics? I have to admit, I haven't been able to sit down and process the whole thing into different topics yet. One thing I thought about was a discussion of the previous seasons' episodes in light of knowing for sure that Red isn't really Raymond. I'm planning on some specific re-watches when I get some time this summer. Especially Cape May and The Caretaker (that was the Glasnost file one, right?)

I think we should just keep calling him Red; maybe refer to the real Reddington as RR? Or use emojis, such as  for RR and  for Red?

5/17/2018 10:46 pm  #7

for myself, I'm good with one discussion board.  The problem that sometimes arises with too many topics is that the topics overlap.  then again, with one topic covering all its sometimes hard to fine individual threads.

It will be a longer than usual hiatus so maybe we start with one space, and if the discussions start emphasizing certain topics over others, we can open up more topics?

not easy!  LOL

5/17/2018 11:25 pm  #8

lara1 wrote:

for myself, I'm good with one discussion board.  The problem that sometimes arises with too many topics is that the topics overlap.  then again, with one topic covering all its sometimes hard to fine individual threads.

It will be a longer than usual hiatus so maybe we start with one space, and if the discussions start emphasizing certain topics over others, we can open up more topics?

not easy!  LOL

I agree with Lara, let's start with the broadest topic and if we discover something new in the process we can just create a spin off topic.

5/18/2018 12:51 am  #9

That sounds like a good idea to me.

5/18/2018 1:06 am  #10

Okay, one thought I had last night was about Red's stories. I think the ones he tells about his early years, such as the carpet story are real. They just happened to unreal Red. We might want to look at those again. Don’t we have a list of them somewhere?

5/18/2018 1:11 am  #11

I agree. 

HW,  I tend to think most of the stories are probably true. Could be a combination of his and those of 1st Red.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

5/18/2018 6:21 am  #12

Quick thought: since it sounds like he had plastic surgery and "looks different," should we assume
that he isn't a twin brother of the real RR?

I'm going with he's a Russian, no relation to RR, but somehow he's Liz's biological father, not Jennifer's.
And maybe Dom is a step-father, not a biological father. Or Dom is the spy master and they aren't
related at all.

5/18/2018 8:14 am  #13

I think we can continue to call the Spader character Red and the real Raymond Reddington RR. That's what I've done in all my Redarina posts.

I guess for me I don't see a lot of wondering and theorizing since the Redarina theory fits perfectly with this imposter reveal, and the burning of the bones at Dom's with him involved. The Cape May espisode was what most made me think Red was Katarina.

I think very few of Red's stories are true.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (5/18/2018 8:25 am)

5/18/2018 8:20 am  #14

Iowa Watcher - I'll agree that he's Russian. The only way Red is Liz's biological father and not the real RR would be if that is Seaduke's blood on the shirt.

5/18/2018 8:28 am  #15

Tuxie400 wrote:

The Cape May espisode was what most made me think Red was Katarina.

I see why you think that, and there's certainly a lot of support for it in the dialogue!

The main reason I'm not on board with that theory is the height/body problem: there still isn't a good way
to make an adult woman taller and increase her skeletal mass. KR has not been presented to us as a
tall woman with a lot of body mass, a la Sigourney Weaver, who would make a more convincing looking
male with the right surgery and hormones. KR is a slender femme fatale.

But I'm keeping an open mind. Anything can happen with this show, and you've certainly made some
excellent arguments for that theory!

5/18/2018 9:00 am  #16

I was thinking of some of his Navy stories like going to that jazz concert in Panama City and getting in trouble. It made me wonder if whoever he is, he was also in the Navy around the same time as RR. That was another part of the timeline that didn’t make sense before - how he could have been so many different places at once. It was almost like he’d had two naval careers at once. Now, I guess he could have since he was two different people.

I’m also inclined to think he was originally an actor or had some sort of theater background. But in any case, something trained or made him into a cold blooded killer. And he’s a very dangerous man.

Last edited by Honey West (5/18/2018 9:10 am)

5/18/2018 9:22 am  #17

I think we can still entertain lots of ideas, even if they don't fit every storyline. Like, I still think 'all the world's a stage and we merely players" is something of a thing here. The stories "Red" tells are suspiciously like stories of James Spader's young life LOL!

5/18/2018 9:28 am  #18

Let's agree that we will continue to refer to the man known as Raymond Reddington as Red or even Reddington or Raymond so that is the default. If we discuss the person whose bones were in the duffel bag, we can note that in our comments. I think it's too confusing otherwise, because the individual who introduces himself as "Raymond Reddington" remains the same. 

Rememvber when he turned himself in, Ressler said he brought in a case filled with ids of all his aliases 'plus a bunch we never even heard of'. He's everyman in the criminal world!

5/18/2018 9:33 am  #19

IowaWatcher wrote:

Tuxie400 wrote:

The Cape May espisode was what most made me think Red was Katarina.

I see why you think that, and there's certainly a lot of support for it in the dialogue!

But I'm keeping an open mind. Anything can happen with this show, and you've certainly made some
excellent arguments for that theory!

That's the spirit, Iowa Watcher!!! You get 4 gold stars for staying positive, open-minded, and gracious! That's the spirit of this group and our lovely predecessor!

Folks, we don't have to agree with each other but we can still have a fun and great discourse. 

5/18/2018 11:07 am  #20

I lean towards him being someone related to either KR or RR if Redarina is not the answer.  Thank goodness they didn’t end the series with this.  We’d never find out! Lol

Board footera