The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2018 5:11 pm  #1

5.19 Ian Garvey Conclusion

04/25/2018 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Liz (Megan Boone) uses intel from an unexpected source to force a race with Red (James Spader) to uncover the secrets he holds, as Red initiates a plan to retrieve the duffel bag of bones.

So we get a Conclusion episode for old Garvey.  My thoughts: boy, bye.  Bones: hurry it up and reveal your secrets. 

Last edited by Brittany (4/03/2018 5:12 pm)

4/03/2018 6:53 pm  #2

Re: 5.19 Ian Garvey Conclusion

Someone who works on the Blacklist explained on tumblr that this episode #19 is not the conclusion of a two-parter. They are calling it Garvey Conclusion because they already called an episode Ian Garvey when Tom was killed, but Ian Garvey is the blacklister for this one.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (4/03/2018 6:58 pm)

4/03/2018 6:59 pm  #3

Possibly.  They haven't gotten specific in the slightest about what the cliffhanger could be regarding.  Only that the season will end with one and that it isn't how the series is supposed to end.   I'm still concerned for Aram until I see him survive the season intact.  

4/03/2018 7:00 pm  #4

Yeah, this is the first time we've seen a blacklister with two named episodes not have them back to back.   

4/03/2018 7:24 pm  #5

yeah....although two previous 2-parters didn't end the blacklister story - Berlin Conclusion in Season 1 and Kirk Conclusion in Season 3 both spilled over into at least half a dozen or so episodes in the following season.  Kaplan has as well, in a way, through the suitcase of bones.  But I do hope Garvey conclusion really is his conclusion, LOL.  But they had better serve up some answers in the couple of eps til then,   Though I suppose the conclusion could just mean, of his story, as in, we find out who he is.

Well in any event I am enjoying this season immensely.  

Last edited by lara1 (4/03/2018 7:25 pm)

4/04/2018 8:38 am  #6

Lara, that is a good point about Berlin.  I really hope Aram is ok. I like his character.  But showing a graveyard usually means the worst.
At this point I can only hope for a shoot out hiding behind tombstones since they won't have the bones figured out yet.

I really think Garvey has it out for Aram for standing up to him. That is not something he is use to.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

4/10/2018 5:08 pm  #7

I just saw on IMDB that Cort Hessler (who does the Stunt Coordination) is directing this episode.  It's his first main directing credit (he has been second unit director on several).  I'll be interested to see how he does. 

Last edited by Brittany (4/10/2018 5:10 pm)

4/11/2018 6:01 pm  #8

I was just reading an article about Jonny Coyne's next role on an AMC series and it says he had just wrapped his arc on the blacklist (article is dated 3/16/18), so I'm thinking 19 is probably his final episode.  That might explain the funeral scene in 5.20.  Everyone wanting to make sure his corpse is buried deep in the ground.

Last edited by Brittany (4/11/2018 6:03 pm)

4/11/2018 6:47 pm  #9

Lol! Brittany, we all want to make sure of that! Good one. 

4/11/2018 8:15 pm  #10

I’m avoiding the episode thread, but catching up on the rest.
LOL! Brittany! I just had a thought - suppose Red buries the bones with Garvey. If Garvey's dead that means Red probably has them back. What better place to bury them? Liz would never look there.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/11/2018 8:43 pm  #11

Honey West wrote:

LOL! Brittany! I just had a thought - suppose Red buries the bones with Garvey. If Garvey's dead that means Red probably has them back. What better place to bury them? Liz would never look there.

That is GOLD! 

4/12/2018 12:04 am  #12

Honey West wrote:

​HW, 

4/15/2018 11:46 am  #13

It looks like Red is planning a strategy against Ian Garvey... along with chess pieces. Anyone know how to decipher chess pieces?

Last edited by Tatiana (4/15/2018 11:53 am)

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/15/2018 11:51 am  #14

Anyone notice that Garvey is holding the gun in his left hand, in a mirror image? To my memory he didn't appear left-handed before.https://youtu.be/waD6qM9bVro?t=11

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/15/2018 11:59 am  #15

There are 64 squares on the board. There are 8 pawns in the front row.  
There is a king, a Queen, 2 Bishops (cone tops), 2 Knights (horses) and 2 Rooks (castles). 

4/15/2018 12:10 pm  #16

Just realized your question might mean the pieces he has in the middle.

Looks like the black king, queen and pawn? ( can't see that one too well) are surrounding a white king.

Maybe it's a bishop, it looks taller.

Last edited by Eastcoast (4/15/2018 12:11 pm)

4/15/2018 12:13 pm  #17

So from the photo above, the white king is surrounded, by the black king, queen, something behind the white king. And there are white and black rooks further out.

One would assume Red is black.

4/15/2018 12:16 pm  #18

Yes! You got it

4/15/2018 12:19 pm  #19

You're right, Eastcoast, the white (or rather ivory?) piece looks somehow different.

I just looked it up though, the Bishop is usually shorter with a split down the top of the piece.
Not knowing chess strategy, I don't know if there's any meaning behind this. Except that the white king is about to get his butt kicked. 

4/15/2018 3:46 pm  #20

LOL I know nothing about chess.  But Red is very fond of floor plans.

Board footera