The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2018 2:26 pm  #1

I'll cut your tongue out!

Ever notice how often Red tells people he's going to cut their tongue out? Ok, maybe not as often as other things, but I have to laugh every time I hear it. I know for sure he told that to one of the guys with the Cabal, Hobbs, or the other guy. He says "I'll cut that forked tongue out of you" which of course means he's equating him with the devil.

Someone just posted a clip on twitter from Marvin Gerard and the restaurant scene. The table next to Liz and Red is a  man being verbally abusive to his wife, Carly (funny I never thought of Carly/Carla). So Red goes over to him, sticks a gun in  his abdomen and tells him to speak nicely to his Carly or he'll cut his tongue out with a butter knife. 

There's others I can't remember specifically, but they sure do like to talk about, but criminals like Red sure do like to dismember their enemies, don't they?

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/27/2018 2:33 pm  #2

Re: I'll cut your tongue out!

I think it was the guy named Jasper who Red threated to cut his tongue out. Hobbs was Red's ally.

I was also thinking about the Capricorn Killer  and Red's threat being similar. The Cap killer's- sword effectively cut his victim's tongues out and silenced them.. The eyes were multilated since they were surrounded in blood, although I don't know if they were cut out. The hands, however, were only bound with the goat's head, signifying sacrifice.

3/27/2018 2:47 pm  #3

Yes, it was Jasper. 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/27/2018 3:20 pm  #4

Didn't Red more than threaten Jasper?  or was that someone else?  He did have someone's tongue cut out and sent in a box to someone - maybe the Director?  can't remember exactly.  

3/27/2018 3:26 pm  #5

lara1 wrote:

Didn't Red more than threaten Jasper?  or was that someone else?  He did have someone's tongue cut out and sent in a box to someone - maybe the Director?  can't remember exactly.  

Yes lara1, I think you're right about the tongue in the box. More dismembered parts for the MP theory. I think I'm going to do a list for that too.

3/27/2018 3:35 pm  #6

that's an interesting connection too.  Carla's finger in a box, Tanida's head in a box, the tongue in a box.
Not to mention the various eyeballs floating around.  Berlin's hand.  oh my

3/27/2018 4:24 pm  #7

lara, he told Garvey he would cut his tongue out if he heard him say her name again. Also threatened to cut out his eyes and his hands off!!! 

It's a shame you have no crackers  

3/27/2018 4:27 pm  #8

Yes, eastcoast good catch.  Those are the parts we have seen floating around elsewhere in the series.  Leonard Caul is another one.....

3/27/2018 4:31 pm  #9

Naomi's finger always comes to mind! yuck!

3/27/2018 8:34 pm  #10

lara1 wrote:

that's an interesting connection too.  Carla's finger in a box, Tanida's head in a box, the tongue in a box.
Not to mention the various eyeballs floating around.  Berlin's hand.  oh my

Not all the severed parts got nice gift boxes. Leonard Caul had two severed fingers, Pete this season had three. Gerald Dugger, the Tri-State Butcher, lost his forearm and part of a leg. Then there's that head Red cut off in Esteban and carried around instead of just taking a photo.

3/27/2018 10:32 pm  #11

Oh yes, for sure.  It does make me wonder though what is in the box that Red gave to Dembe.......

3/28/2018 11:11 am  #12

Tuxie400, are you including things like thumbprints/handprints for access to stuff etc?  I just remembered that scene where Red used a hand or thumbprint to get into a bank vault somewhere.  And wasn't there another episode where someone got someone's thumb to get access to somewhere?  Like they killed the guy to get his hand in order to get access somewhere.  LOL my knowledge of Season 2 is getting rusty!  time for a re-watch

3/28/2018 12:26 pm  #13

lara1 wrote:

Tuxie400, are you including things like thumbprints/handprints for access to stuff etc?  I just remembered that scene where Red used a hand or thumbprint to get into a bank vault somewhere.  And wasn't there another episode where someone got someone's thumb to get access to somewhere?  Like they killed the guy to get his hand in order to get access somewhere.  LOL my knowledge of Season 2 is getting rusty!  time for a re-watch

If a disembodied part is involved in any way, it should go on the list. You are right about the severed thumb Red got from from the frozen Aldous Halmey in Season 3's Sir Crispin Crandall to access Peter's safe deposit box. Thinking about Sir Crispin Crandall reminds me of two things: Crispen this season and Liz breaking Tom's thumb in Season 1.

I don't have any memory of the other episode you're talking about. But I'm rewatching Season 2 now, so I'll be on the lookout for it.

3/28/2018 2:23 pm  #14

Tuxie400, your memory is better than mine!  LOL.   I have a vague recollection about someone being abducted from somewhere in Asia, maybe Hong Kong, but the reason for it was they wanted his hand, maybe to access a secure computer.  Maybe I made that up!  but that's the idea I'm remembering.....

3/28/2018 3:02 pm  #15

lara1 - My memory is good about things that happened to Liz and Red but not so good on a lot of the Blacklisters. I must admit when I used to rewatch on Netflix, I would often just skip to parts that featured Red or Liz in episodes where the Blacklister was boring to me.

4/09/2018 10:31 pm  #16

Hi Everyone!  As usual, I'm weeks behind in reading... Hope all is well in RL for everyone.

The  beginning of Wujing featured a spy's hand being cut off to access email or a computer file.

Just occurred to me - with the Sir Crispin thumbs, Red left them in the bank BOX for the Director.

Jasper's tongue was in a box that had a snake/serpent on it's cover.  Reminded me of the monster/dragon theme but maybe Red just wanted to really bring home the forked tongue reference.

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

4/09/2018 11:47 pm  #17

Hey Colleen! Good to see you on here. I wondered when you would show up? 

​Speaking of the subject of this thread, I watched I watched a few episodes including Quon Zhang tonight.  

Look forward to your comments when you get caught up reading! 

4/10/2018 9:17 am  #18

Hi Colleen! We've missed you. The Wujing episode must the reference lara1 thought was in Season 2. Thanks!

2/09/2019 10:59 pm  #19

In last night's episode, The Ethicist, Atticus came out of his heavily medicated fog and started screaming:

I'm gonna rip that tongue right out of her mouth.
And once I rip that tongue out I'm gonna shove it down her damn throat!

2/10/2019 12:46 pm  #20

Tatiana, it was hard not to think of Jasper at that moment! 

Board footera