The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2018 5:50 pm  #1

Superb article about my favourite TV show of ALL-TIME

CBS's Person of Interest which ran 100+ episodes from 2011 to 2016 and introduced me to amazing actors like Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi, Kevin Chapman, Enrico Colantoni, Taraji P. Henson, and those amazing, startling characters they played - Mr. Finch, Reese, Root, Shaw, Fusco & Elias - plus hundred more.

Take my advice - go to Wal-Mart or your neighborhood movie store and pay $30 to $50 - purchase the series. Watch it from Ep. 1 to Ep. 103 - 2 or 3 a week, might take you a year to consume it all. If you don't believe me - read the following article by Zantruto:

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/person-of-interest-was-anti-prestige-tv-and-too-smart-f-1787984705

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

3/24/2018 5:56 pm  #2

Re: Superb article about my favourite TV show of ALL-TIME

BBB - thanks for this.  As you know, I'm a big fan of POI as well, and although TBL remains #1 on my list for now (for different reasons), POI is a very close second.  There's really nothing you can fault about it.  (Other contenders include Alias and Fringe, their better seasons anyway.)

3/24/2018 5:58 pm  #3

Oh yes, I forgot to add - an interesting parallel is that both TBL and POI could have been even MORE awesome if they had been on cable, or, especially now, streaming.

And I forgot my #3 of all time!  The X-Files!  LOL  (not the recent reboot, the original)

Conspiracy theories, anyone.....?  LOL  

3/25/2018 8:14 pm  #4

TBL is #2 obviously

#3 (for many years #1 in my puny arsenal of great TV) was The Fugitive starring David Jansen

#4 - The Rifleman (with Chuck Connors)
#5 - Branded (with Chuck Connors)
#6 - Leave it to Beaver (nostalgia from childhood)
#7 - Angel - the Amy Acker years
#8 - Criminal Minds
#9 - Bull
#10 = Jag & MASH (tie)

Surging up the list - The Good Doctor, Pure Genius, Timeless, Marvel Agent of SHIELD, Hawaii Five 0 (both versions)

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

3/26/2018 1:49 pm  #5

BBB. - I also liked Criminal Minds though I stopped watching it a few seasons ago. Not that it was bad - quite the opposite!  It was so well writtten and produced that it got totally under my skin and creeped me out.  And now of course, I don’t dare talk to strangers - especially in parking lots or at gas stations!   Lol

Board footera