The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2018 11:05 am  #1

Cancel Bear says Blacklist should be renewed

Here's a positive prediction on the likelihood of a sixth season. The headline is "The Blacklist Should Live to Spy Another Day."

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-nbc-week-20-the-blacklist-should-live-to-spy-another-day/

2/13/2018 2:32 pm  #2

Re: Cancel Bear says Blacklist should be renewed

Doing the happy dance. I feel the same way. Last year, I dunno, it really felt like they were going to end it.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

2/13/2018 3:27 pm  #3

Tatiana - I remember how worried you were this time last year. The Grim Reaper has it likely to be renewed also. I think one more season would be great. But I wouldn't mind if it ended after Season 6.

2/13/2018 4:19 pm  #4

I think it has been doing well this year and haven't been especially concerned.   I'd be fine if it ended after season 6.  My fear with any show is that they will drag it out too long and make it completely ridiculous simply because they want to keep it on air.  This season 5 has been a nice change of pace for the show and helped freshen it up.  

2/13/2018 4:25 pm  #5

I feel the same. Because of the nature of this show to draaaaaag everything out, im fine if it ends after that.

It's a shame you have no crackers  

2/13/2018 4:36 pm  #6

Agreed Eastcoast.  This show is worse than others about dragging stuff out without trying to make more unnatural story line.  I would hate to see what they would do when they were really desperate to drag something out. 

2/13/2018 5:28 pm  #7

Great news, I think the ratings were very good for last week, and wasn't it sweeps week as well?  (not sure about that)

I've been pretty positive this season.  It seems like they have a more concrete plan for the season whereas last season it seemed to meander all over the place until Requiem aired.  And much as I like Ryan, it was the right choice to end the character of Tom.  It had run its course and purpose.  big time and took away from the central plot and other characters, unfortunately.  IMO

I think its a hard balance with this show.  I think they have no choice but to drag things out at times, because unlike pure procedurals, which can basically end at any time with a bit of tidying up with the characters, this show has a huge mythology; while at the same time, to give the answers, basically ends the show.  Nowhere to go after the secret is out.    So I think its them trying to balance how much, and when, to divulge things as against how much time is left to the series.  Not easy.  To have done over 100 eps now and five full seasons is a testament I think to this being done more or less successfully.

Just my two cents.  

Last edited by lara1 (2/13/2018 5:29 pm)

2/13/2018 5:49 pm  #8

I've really enjoyed this season.  I had a week or two where I wanted to scream about the suitcase, but then they finally started to move things along and I got over it. lol.  But I agree killing Tom was the right move.   It drives the show in a new direction and gets back to the core team. 

I thought the storyline with Ressler and Prescott was too abrupt. I find Ressler kind of boring and two-dimensional so I was excited that this storyline would flesh him out more. It was one that would have been good to show a little more and see Ressler trying to hide this from the team more often, whereas I found the Fulcrum and kidnapped Agnes storylines a little tedious at times because I felt like they went on too long. 

2/13/2018 6:13 pm  #9

I miss seeing Tom on there.  If they were going to kill him off I think they needed to wait a few more episodes. 
They needed to fill in the blanks.  I am hoping they do that. 
Besides, I really enjoyed seeing him and Red together.  We could have used more of that.  They should have done that sooner in my opinion.

2/13/2018 6:43 pm  #10

Eastcoast - you and I will have to agree to disagree, LOL.  I don't really miss Tom - I feel the story is moving along much faster and more cohesively without him.  Not that I didn't like him, mind.  And I really like Ryan.  I just think too much attention to his story really bogged down the overall storyline and it was time to end it to free up the rest of the story.  Well I guess I'm just a frustrated armchair critic, LOL.

2/13/2018 7:12 pm  #11

I would have liked to have seen a few more episodes with Tom. But the way they took him out was perfect. What I'm wondering is if we'll ever find out what was behind his kidnapping. That's something I really wanted to know.

2/13/2018 7:15 pm  #12

Tuxie400 - I think we will, but it may be indirect.  As in his kidnapping was part of the overall story.  Red I think knows Scottie and Howard from way back when.  Whatever they were up to.  It's somehow connected I think.  Esp since someone was paid to give a false confession about killing him.  Someone really wanted Tom (Christopher) to disappear completely.

2/15/2018 12:52 pm  #13

I think he knows too. He knows about a lot of things that he doesn't tell until he has to.

I think they all go way back to before the fire. 

I really don't trust her, at all!!

2/16/2018 10:26 pm  #14

Great news! Thanks for sharing this . . . I'm really missing TBL. I've tried to watch some of the Games, but there's just too many commercials.

2/19/2018 12:58 am  #15

Iowaswatcher, the commercials are really just too much anymore.  They should just charge more and have less. They should do that for the BL too. lol 

Board footera