The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2017 4:32 pm  #1

Season 5 Fall/Winter Hiatus Discussions

Is it too early for this?  lol

There was an article from TV guide that mentioned someone Red believed was no longer an issue may be coming back to the show and makes things very complicated for him.  Famke Jansen has already reportedly filmed for an episode (possibly 5.09) so it could be referring to Scottie Hargrave, who would have legitimate reasons to mess up his life if she found out he was part of the reason her son got killed, but who else do you think could come back and mess up Red's life?  Kirk?  I would think he'd be dead by now, but maybe not.

But moving forward in the season, I'm looking forward to Red and Liz addressing questions that they've ignored or side-stepped about their relationship that the Jons said they will have to confront moving forward.   I'm also hoping we see more Dom.   And Ressler and Prescott's story line needs more meat.  Field-trained Aram.  The other characters have really taken a backseat in the last few episodes.   

11/17/2017 7:06 pm  #2

Re: Season 5 Fall/Winter Hiatus Discussions

Brittany - I also think it will be Scottie Hargrave who comes back. She may blame Red for Tom's death.

11/17/2017 8:51 pm  #3

LOL it is never too early for a hiatus page! 

I agree it could be Scottie - but isn't she in prison?  and lost control of her enterprise and network?  or maybe she still has loyal connections.  It could be Kirk or even KR herself. But it sounds to me like a former Blacklister we have seen.  I do hope its not Kaplan - not that I didn't love the character - but she is supposed to be, like, dead.  And they've said it multiple times.  And nothing was ever said about not being able to recover her body.  

11/17/2017 8:59 pm  #4

OK, so I went through our list of blacklisters (thanks eastcoast!), and of those that are not dead, and were problematic for Red, I think we have listed them - Scottie and Kirk.  

But how about Carla or - the long lost Jennifer.  though I guess she was never on the show - or was she?  heheh.

11/17/2017 9:26 pm  #5

Kirk could be an interesting one but I doubt it.  The Jons seemed pretty certain he would never be back. I agree that it is likely Scottie.  She may have worked out a deal or her goons may have busted her out of jail and she’s on the run like Red.

My wish list for the near future is Cooper and Red bonding over sick daughters, Red being adorable with Agnes, Red giving Aram his own brand of “field training”, Ressler turning to Red for help with Prescott, adequate attention given to Liz’s recovery, and Jennifer Reddington being discussed or appearing.  And the suitcase, but I know they’re going to drag that out forever.  Lol

Last edited by Brittany (11/17/2017 9:31 pm)

11/17/2017 10:09 pm  #6

Brittany - yes, I agree Scottie makes sense.  Its a bit frustrating, because I read something not that long ago by someone senior associated with the show (can't remember who) who said that Famke would not be back. And here she is maybe in 5.09.  although from her description of it, it seemed like a passing role - Thought maybe a flashback or something.  Maybe not.  But it makes me question what they also said about Kirk.  and Kirk, I feel knows Red's deepest secret now and Red did something that would make him (and it) stay hidden.  Then again why on earth would cause Kirk to resurface?  Nothing that I can think of right now!

11/17/2017 10:27 pm  #7

lara1 - It was Bokenkamp who said neither Howard or Scottie would be on this season. Of course, he also said Ryan wouldn't be back in Season 4 after Redemption. And we know how that turned out.

11/17/2017 10:37 pm  #8

I hope they bring Scottie back long enough to tie up a few loose ends, whether it's "real" or a flashback. I don't care which one. I just want some answers.

It also seems like Gena should put in a brief appearance, too.

11/17/2017 11:12 pm  #9

Here’s a link to the TV Guise article about the return of someone.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-blacklist-spoilers/

And a somewhat tongue in cheek speculation about dem bones.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-blacklist-bones-suitcase-theory/

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

11/19/2017 11:59 am  #10

I think I've discussed this before, but I can't remember.  Sorry if it is a repeat. 

When Fowler mentioned Red's family, I initially believed wife/child.  But after we saw Carla and heard about Jennifer being in the wind after years in WITSEC, I started to wonder if the family could have been referring to parents/siblings.  We have rarely heard any reference to Red's parents (just about his mother being dead, a couple of sayings from his father and that his father like Cadillacs and had a Wagoneer).  No mention of siblings. I've often wondered if there was something that happened with his family that led him to military intelligence when he wanted to captain a ship.  Perhaps his father was also military or CIA?  We see lots of parallels between the generations in this series and 'sins of the father' type references, so I could see something involving deeper family connection being a possibility.

I believe it was mentioned in interviews over the summer that we would hear more about Red's time in Russia.  I'm hoping we see more of that this season.   Lotte Verbeek has been in Europe filming a movie so she likely isn't appearing in any of the first few episodes back after fall finale, but I'm hoping she comes back at some point, even if just for flashbacks.  She and Spader were great together on screen. 

11/19/2017 12:07 pm  #11

Brittany - In the original pilot script Raymond Reddington was in the Army instead of the Navy and his father was described as having been an Army officer. Whether there's a paternal military link still, who knows?

I tried to find the article that said we'd find out more about Red's time in Russia, and the only source I could find is one that is questionable and usually lifts quotes from legitimate interviews and then extrapolates. While I would very much like to learn more about Red's work with Russian spies, I don't know if we will get any of that this year. 

11/19/2017 12:21 pm  #12

Tuxie400 wrote:

Brittany - In the original pilot script Raymond Reddington was in the Army instead of the Navy and his father was described as having been an Army officer. Whether there's a paternal military link still, who knows?

I tried to find the article that said we'd find out more about Red's time in Russia, and the only source I could find is one that is questionable and usually lifts quotes from legitimate interviews and then extrapolates. While I would very much like to learn more about Red's work with Russian spies, I don't know if we will get any of that this year. 

That's interesting about the initial plot, Tuxie.  I hadn't heard that before.  

I feel like it was EW articles or something similar I saw that said they were possibly going to reveal more about Red's time in Russia this season.  I also remember a reference to when he was kidnapped and tortured in the 80s by Seaduke and Bokenkamp saying it wasn't supposed to be a big clue, just to flesh out the background story.   I'd like to see a little something. Maybe even just one Requiem-type episode of him flashing back to KR and the lead up to the fire or their break up. 

11/19/2017 12:38 pm  #13

Brittany - Bokenkamp's first script - not the one used for filming the pilot - used to be available online. But I can't find it anymore. He also had a different name than Carla for Reddington's wife. As I recall, the dialog and Zamai plot was pretty similar to what ended up airing.

The Christian Post was the online source with the headline Red's Russian Backstory to Be Revealed. It included qutoes from Bokenkamp that were taken from EW but the Russian backstory part was purely speculation.

11/19/2017 1:06 pm  #14

Thanks Tuxie.  I looked up what you mentioned.  I don’t remember the Christian Post article specifically but I did find the EW interview link, which I do remember reading.  But that other articles headline may have shown up at one point and I’ve combined them in my memory.

11/19/2017 3:45 pm  #15

Hi everyone. I don’t mean to pour cold water on anything anyone has said, but I’ve kind of made a little vow to myself not to pay too much attention anymore to what they are saying in interviews. I truly love this show but just think some comments are too vague or they go back on them. Like Famke not being on this season

11/19/2017 10:45 pm  #16

lara1 wrote:

but I’ve kind of made a little vow to myself not to pay too much attention anymore to what they are saying in interviews.

I was thinking along the same lines, plus Actor X might not have been available when the interview was done, but circumstances may have changed since then. 

In any case, I'll have a lot more faith in the show runners if they can present a less convoluted mythology. I accept that it's a work in progress and will refrain from yelling, "Liar!" at my computer screen as I have been.

Not yelling is better for my blood pressure, too! LOL!

11/20/2017 7:53 pm  #17

Anybody watching History channel's The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer? I only caught a few minutes of it last night but it’s supposed to have a new episode Tuesday.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

11/20/2017 9:33 pm  #18

Honey West wrote:

Anybody watching History channel's The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer? I only caught a few minutes of it last night but it’s supposed to have a new episode Tuesday.

Sounds interesting! I'll have to see if I can get it On Demand.

11/21/2017 10:40 pm  #19

Tuxie400, do you recall where our Zodiac discussion was located? Here or thrushes?

Tonight they are discussing possible suspect's military background and knowledge of cryptography. Interesting stuff. Navy flags.

Last edited by Honey West (11/21/2017 10:41 pm)

11/22/2017 9:24 am  #20

Honey West - I think the Zodiac discussion started here, and it was under last Spring's hiatus thread. Then we moved a lot of the discussion to thrushes.

I wasn't able to find the first part of the show on Comcast On Demand. I would really like to watch that part since it was about a new suspect.. I wasn't able to watch last night's episode because I had other things going on. I'm thinking maybe it takes a week before it shows up On Demand, or maybe I can watch it online on the History Channel website.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (11/22/2017 9:26 am)

Board footera