The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/14/2017 12:44 pm  #1

Season 5 - NEW DAY and time slot

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/14/2017 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Season 5 - NEW DAY and time slot

Plus the new NBC lineup for fall. They have moved The Blacklist to Wednesday nights. Upon further look, it appears that TBL will air at 8pm Eastern, 7pm Central. That's quite a switch since The Blacklist has been in the later time slot. I wonder if an earlier audience will be able to stomach the violence and heavy subject matter?

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

5/14/2017 3:22 pm  #3

Thanks TAtiana.  That's a strange time slot for such a show. "Serious" crime shows tend to start at 9pm. And it won't have a lead in. I wonder what drove the decision?  Not sure we'd is any better than thurs. if there's no lead in.

5/14/2017 5:14 pm  #4

For information only - up in Canada - CTV (which airs a variety of CBS, NBC & ABC programs, even some Fox) has placed Gotham at 10pm local time. Gotham has a ton of violence (not really the Boo-Zapp stuff of the mid 60s TV farce) but certainly no more than NCIS, Criminal Minds or even Blacklist. 10pm is very unusual - and very difficult to pick up ratings. I suspect its only in Canada but maybe someone down south could testify.

Red: I can only lead you to the truth. I can’t make you believe it

5/14/2017 6:02 pm  #5

As a tired, working adult, I like the earlier time; however, 8 pm (Central) is a bit early for a show like TBL. I suspect it'll get moved to 9 pm by the midterm, unless they cut back a lot on the violence. Speaking strictly as a writer, they could move some of it off-stage, like showing Red aiming a gun at someone and then cutting away and just letting the viewers hear the gun shot.

They had a good combination with The Voice as a lead-in show on Mondays, in my opinion.

5/14/2017 6:49 pm  #6

There is an article that indicates a couple of shows will move around mid=Season (TBL not listed).  I wonder if this is preliminary pending how the pilots do that they picked up?  Also, slightly off topic, but apparently "Timeless" was announced as cancelled last week then 2 days later it was re-announced as picked up for a second season.  I don't however see it listed on the Fall schedule.

8PM is more difficult for me as I'm normally not home till around 7:30 most days and then there is cooking etc. to do.  So it will be harder for me to catch live viewing.  I suppose I will have to go without dinner on Wednesdays, LOL!

5/14/2017 6:54 pm  #7

lara1 wrote:

8PM is more difficult for me as I'm normally not home till around 7:30 most days and then there is cooking etc. to do.  So it will be harder for me to catch live viewing.  I suppose I will have to go without dinner on Wednesdays, LOL!

Get some really good microwave dinners or your favorite pick up on your way home :-)

We have young children and our network tv is in the living room (we use an indoor antenna for that tv). So somehow we'll have to bribe the kids with one hour on the computer 

5/14/2017 7:10 pm  #8

Tatiana - LOL, so true!   well that's one very good excuse for not cooking on Wednesdays LOL

5/14/2017 7:11 pm  #9

Get some really good microwave dinners or your favorite pick up on your way home :-)

Also, you might make something on Tuesdays and have the leftovers on Wednesday: meatloaf, pot roast, beef stew are often better the second day.

5/15/2017 8:34 am  #10

Stars have to align to view in real time: 9pm or later timeslot & antenna picking up OTA from one of the 2 big cities surrounding me. Plus that antenna is hooked to our family room tv.

May have to send the kids to the playroom or get another antenna for our bedroom tv.

With that said, I don't always get to watch in real time at 10pm slot due to OTA not coming in and/or falling asleep too early. So I'm neither for or against this move. But did enjoy when everything ran smoothly and I got to view at 9 or 10pm on Thursday night. Just a perfect way to go into Friday and the weekend.

5/15/2017 10:14 am  #11

I guess on the bright side we won't have to stay up late mid week!

5/15/2017 10:14 pm  #12

Earlier is better! I'm much less observant with this late Thursday time slot. Thanks for the info!

5/18/2017 4:47 pm  #13

I'm fine with the change to Wed., but I do wish it were on at least an hour later. Blindspot was in that spot this season, and it was plenty violent each and every episode. NBC doesn't seem to have a problem with violence early and often.

lara1 - I'm excited to see two days after Timeless was canceled it was picked back up. I'll have to look for that article. I imagine it's going to be on later in the season. ... I found out it will only be 10 episodes to air either at midseason or possibly even in summer of next year.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (5/18/2017 4:50 pm)

5/18/2017 4:49 pm  #14

Tuxie400 - yes - I only managed to see a few episodes but I thought it very original and clever.  I have since read that NBC plans to air it in the spring, so it sounds like only a partial season, but that is still good.  Maybe if the ratings improve they'll then consider a full season 3.  

Board footera