The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2017 1:35 pm  #1

Season 5??????

SEASON 5?!?!?!
Ok, so without spreading rumors or getting anyone's hopes up too much about a Season 5 renewal,
here's what someone who works with The Blacklist posted one hour ago about being promoted to Script Coordinator beginning in Season 5.

l will no longer be posting in my “#blacklist writer’s pa” tag because I am happy to announce that I have been promoted! Beginning in season 5, I will be The Blacklist’s script coordinator! The most basic way to describe the job is that I am the major point of contact between the writer’s room and the production office–no small task on our show, where the writers are in LA and the crew is in New York! My main duty is taking the drafts the writers turn in and turning them into scripts, but there are a lot of other parts of it, as well–checking details with our FBI correspondent, clearing names with the legal department, answering questions about the set and props for the art department, and so on. I have some insight into the job because I have also worked on the production side, as a production office PA, and I have definitely sat in the production office at 2am, waiting for the script coordinator to release the newest version of the script so that I can make copies for the next day, so I am hopeful in my ability to work with the crew. It’s actually a pretty big promotion–typically the progression goes writer’s pa–>writer’s assistant–>script coordinator, but the position was vacant and it was offered to me (don’t worry, Dave Metzger fans, he didn’t get shafted, but that’s his story to tell). It’s a big, overwhelming job, so I’m a little nervous, but I am also excited to rise to the occasion. I will probably be running the Blacklist Writer’s Room twitter for the rest of this season, but I probably won’t be running it next season because I won’t always have the time. I’ll try to train my replacement to be as good at gifs as me, but I think that’s a skill you’re born with.Anyway, so…. yay? Of course the possible writer’s strike could mess this up, but fingers crossed. We’re on hiatus until June, so as long as the strike ends before then, it won’t change anything, but…we’ll see! 

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

4/25/2017 3:08 pm  #2

Re: Season 5??????

Well, it certainly sounds like they are preparing for a season five, doesn't it? Getting all their ducks in a row.  (sorry no duck emojis)They do have to do that no matter what happens because in reality June is not that far away. I am starting to think that the only thing that could mess with season five would be a prolonged writers strike. They voted to authorize it, so I guess it's up to who blinks first and gives in. 

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

4/25/2017 4:32 pm  #3

Well, between that and the show hiring back Zee with what looks like a promotion, I'd say the signs are good.
That and the way people involved with the show have been answering questions lately.  Lets keep our fingers crossed!

And as an aside, I am so happy that people who work with the show get chances to increase their input, get more responsibility, receive promotions, etc.

4/26/2017 10:18 pm  #4

Somehow I missed these posts yesterday. That does look like a good sign for a Season 5. I wonder what Dave Metzger will be doing. He's such a great guy and has provided lots of info on what goes on in the writers room over the years.

Board footera