The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2017 8:30 am  #1

Episode 4.21 - BIG SPOILER

HOT off the presses from Alyblacklist

Big spoiler for Episode 4.21…..title in the upper right….“Mr. Kaplan” (pretty sure it says #9 next to her name). Very curious and since this is the first hour of a 2 hour finale it would not surprise me if the second hour is Mr Kaplan, conclusion.Other stuff - Aram and Janet leave the gym. Aram gets served. With what? Legal papers of some sort I assume?the blacklist spoilers8 notes Mar 30th, 2017

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/30/2017 9:20 am  #2

Re: Episode 4.21 - BIG SPOILER

It would appear Mr. Kaplan IS this season's big bad. I'm surprised she's only #9. What do the rest of you think?

3/30/2017 9:47 am  #3

Tuxie - good question  and I would say, let's explore the Blacklisters first. 
Tom Keen is #7 and Berlin is #8 and it would appear Mr. Kaplan is #9.  What do we know about the numbering? I think we've speculated that the numbers have something to do with the Blacklisters' closeness to Elizabeth or Red or the threat to her or Red.

Mr. Kaplan was given Elizabeth as a baby by Red to protect her so that would put her up high on the list with regards to Elizabeth. If the Blacklisters have to do with Red, then that puts Kate high on the list for what she knows about Red. Not all Blacklisters are killed, many remain alive and some, like Susan Hargrave, stay active in the storyline. So it's possible Mr. Kaplan will be like that as well.

Also, remember Red said that Alexander Kirk was never on the blacklist? That is a clue, I think, to speculation about who else in on the list and their significance.

#7, Tom Keen,  (alive) - Tom actually does love Liz, German crime groups, our government sweeps things under the rug to suit them.

•#  8. Berlin    - revenge for daughter's killing, false information. We are shown scars of Reds back.

•#11. Tom Connolly  - Cabal member, about to frame or kill everyone Liz cared about, Liz recalls her past, Liz shoots and kills Tom Connolly, putting friends ahead of yourself.

•#12. The Decembrist / Alan Fitch  - Cabal/Fitch blaming Red for something he did not do, estranged family

•#14. Alexander Kirk (active) - billionaire energy mogul/oil oligarch, manipulating politics for personal gain, betrayal, hiding, kidnapper.  Married to Katarina, thinks he is Mashas father.

•#16. Anslo Garrick   - terrorists, assassin, kidnapping, knows Red from the past, Red saves Ressler's life. Luli dies.

•#18. Susan Hargrave (alive, running Halcyon Aegis) - past tragedy/mystery involving a son, missing husband, runs company that will commit crimes for various purposes, good and evil.

"I could tell you how to win a marathon, but you're assuming it's a 26.2 mile race. It's not. It's a 6.2 mile race that begins at mile 20." Raymond Reddington

3/30/2017 10:11 am  #4

I wonder what number Dembe is? And by the way, I do think Dembe dies.

3/30/2017 10:14 am  #5

Tuxie - I don't think we know what number Dembe is. What pray tell, makes you think Dembe dies? I'd really love to hear some of your theories!!!

3/30/2017 10:22 am  #6

I wonder about Dembe, too. We know Hisham has been on set, but he could be filming flashbacks, for all we know. Kate's role as a Blacklister could go many ways as we can see by looking at the rest. And, truly, it all depends on if we get a season five or not.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

3/30/2017 10:22 am  #7

Wait - Tuxie, how do you know Mr. Kaplan is #9?

Do you know what number Dembe is?

3/30/2017 10:42 am  #8

Tatiana - Reread your first post on this thread. Aly said it looks like #9, and it looked like #9 when I looked at the call sheet photo with a magnifying glass. It's definitely a single digit number - could be 4. No number has been leaked on Dembe's number yet.

Honeywest - On one of the call sheets Alyblacklist posted, it said Liz and Samar find D____'s body. The blank after the D is the right length for Dembe's name.

Last edited by Tuxie400 (3/30/2017 10:45 am)

3/30/2017 10:48 am  #9

I have a form of ADD so I miss things like that even when I read them  I'm truly an artist at heart...

3/30/2017 6:47 pm  #10

Tuxie400 - did you see other call sheets on Aly's main page?  I only saw one, the one with details about Aram and Elise/Janet and the bookstore.

EDITED to add:  Tuxie400, I found what you were referring to.  with the call sheets from the other day.  I was looking under today's positngs that is why I did not see it.

Last edited by lara1 (3/30/2017 7:25 pm)

3/30/2017 6:56 pm  #11

The Blacklist casting sheet Rorschach test!  LOL
You all probably have better eyesight than me because I don't see any number.  I see two brackets with something in-between so could be a number.  too blurry on my computer monitor to really see.

So I will go with you all and a number.  A couple of options:

1.  We find out who Kate "really" is and she is the big bad for the season finale
2.  Kate could be the blacklister of the week but she is not the big bad - she could be bad because of what she has done in the past or who she was in the past something like that.  But not eliminated - think other blacklisters who have been left at large or even recruited by Red.  Or maybe she is just on the list because Red wants the FBI to find her.  Or maybe Dembe finds out after all that she was somehow involved (see my other thoughts on the episode title thread) - which would lead back to option 1 in that case
3.  The name of the episode is a placeholder as they have not yet decided on the final name (like Kathryn was listed on the call sheet for 4.17 but that is now called Requiem and we don't even know if its just back story or revealing of something else.

I'll come back with some further thoughts.....

Last edited by lara1 (3/30/2017 7:00 pm)

3/30/2017 6:57 pm  #12

Aly posted a promo for 4.16 from Global TV

Makes me think Dembe is not guilty but it also doesn't look like he and Red cooked it up either.
But those promos are misleading....Red could be talking to someone other than Dembe in the clip (Kate?)

3/30/2017 7:03 pm  #13

Well I sure hope that Dembe doesn't die.  And I doubly sure hope he doesn't die because of the twist in the plot whereby he has been set up as the poisoner, but is innocent yet ends up dying as part of the real poisoner's threat to totally destroy Red mentally and emotionally as well as financially.  

3/30/2017 7:16 pm  #14

Tatiana #3 - interesting thoughts.  the names in the top 12 - something was wrong, someone was falsely blamed for something. and several involve the blacklister blaming Red for something that he did not do.  Even Kirk at #14 I think is blaming Red for something he did not do - either that Red was Masha's father or that Red took Masha.  What if one or both turn out to be false (and part of that is what Red whispered to Kirk)

Tom is his own case of course, but Tom has warned Liz that Red is using her on top of all of his other stuff.  But basically I think he was on there because of the threat to Liz.

So if Kaplan is #9, it makes sense by both being a threat to Liz and knowing Red's secrets.  But what if there is a twist coming up where she blames Red for something he didn't do?  She has already blamed him for putting Liz and Agnes in danger.  I don't think its a huge leap to think she blames him for something else and/or has betrayed Red in other ways (I wrote about this on the episode title thread).  All just IMO of course.

I don't think we will know Dembe's number until close to when the episode airs.  And again, he could just be a blacklister because he's being hunted by Red and the FBI not because he's a threat or poisoner.  Only time will tell!

Last edited by lara1 (3/30/2017 7:17 pm)

3/30/2017 7:33 pm  #15

Lara - good point about Kathryn Nemec possibly being a name placer, rather than a real name. Who knows, right?

It sounds like Hisham Tawfiq has been on set even as they film 4.21, so it's likely he survives.

Also, I broke down the sound for the Global promo and this is what I have:
Voice over of Reddington: A man’s greatest enemy is the dark forces within himself.  

Cooper: Agent Moshtabai is in danger
Red: (incredulous) Aram?
Liz: He was abducted by Dembe 

Red: I taught Dembe everything I knew.
Red: He is completely immune(?)  to detection 

Red: (on the phone to Dembe) Everything you seem to be doing is making you look guilty
Dembe: We’re both guilty, Raymond. 

Dembe in a glassed in, locked server area where he has brought Aram. Ressler chases after him.
Ressler: (banging on door) Dembe don’t make me shoot you 

3/30/2017 7:42 pm  #16

lara1 wrote:

Tuxie400 - did you see other call sheets on Aly's main page?  I only saw one, the one with details about Aram and Elise/Janet and the bookstore.

EDITED to add:  Tuxie400, I found what you were referring to.  with the call sheets from the other day.  I was looking under today's positngs that is why I did not see it.

I went back to look at the call sheet.  Too blurry to call but yes definitely someone with a "D".

however I take hope from the fact that the cast for the scene are noted as not having their names greyed out on the call sheet.  HIsham's name is listed and is greyed out meaning he is not in the scene.  (although depending on the circumstances I don't know what "being" in the scene would include)  I will remain hopeful though.

3/30/2017 7:54 pm  #17

Tatiana #15 - thanks for the sound breakdown.

Dembe:  we're both guilty.   hmmm  guilty of what, exactly.  If he means Kate that means he doesn't know yet that she is alive I wouldn't think.  but who knows really.  So I say, what the heck is going on?!  LOL

I re-watched the promo slowly on my computer.  Gee, Dembe looks very angry/out of control in those scenes.  He doesn't act benevolent toward Aram.  Unless Dembe initially thinks Aram is somehow behind everything.  Then maybe Dembe finds out later he isnt'

only guesses though, promos can be misleading.

3/30/2017 8:03 pm  #18

It's hard to read on the call sheet, however I take hope that while it says they find "D.....'s body" I have enlarged it and I do not see an upper or lower extension of the letter body which would indicate 'b' in the name. And no, I'm not actually OCD, I just really miss our Blacklist!!! and besides, we all want Dembe to be safe.

3/30/2017 8:04 pm  #19

Promos have been notoriously misleading. I agree though, Dembe looks frightening, intense, focused, and scary.

3/30/2017 8:08 pm  #20

I wonder if we might see a promo for 4.16 during or after tonight's Redemption?

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

Board footera