The Blacklist Refugees

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2017 11:35 pm  #1

Fire night

These are the best 3 pics I have of the other girl in the closet.

Last edited by Eastcoast (3/20/2017 11:36 pm)

It's a shame you have no crackers  

3/20/2017 11:53 pm  #2

Re: Fire night

Thanks eastcoast!  These ar great.  Yeah there is another shot that's almost impossible to catch - its a kind of ghostly image and it definitely is not young Liz as she's seated next to her.  And it looks like a child because of the proportions of the face and nose.

That one actually got me thinking it was conceptual - like Liz was half-remembering someone or something that didn't exist literally - which in part led me to my "second Elizabeth" and theory of how Liz is in some way linked to Red's "lost" daughter.  Or, maybe I just have a vivid imagination!  LOL  

Last edited by lara1 (3/20/2017 11:54 pm)

3/21/2017 12:01 am  #3

I saw that too. It was just so blurry every time I would try to get it. But is this same girl. 

Here are more pics, one is of the woman she is fighting with, its a great shot too.
And I remembered you wanted to see the triangles of her face.

Well, time for me to get some !  lol

3/21/2017 12:09 am  #4

eastcoast #3 - thanks!  that is the clearest photo I have seen of the woman Liz is fighting with.  seems to have long dark hair...hmmm.  (actually I am really excited to see what "young Kaplan" looks like and whether she will have long hair.  Because I think Kaplan may have been there on fire night but the figure I think looks most like her in the fire memories has long hair.....

You know I really wish we could determine definitively what those double slashes on Red's picture mean.
Someone recently had another idea that I can't recall.  I found the musical notation a while back, but the newer idea seemed interesting.  If only I could remember it!  LOL

Was that you Colleen, or Tuxie400?  someone dug into it from another interesting angle.

3/22/2017 12:10 pm  #5

Hi Everyone - I'm sure I have the triangle and // info somewhere - will get to together for us.

LOVED the Man From Uncle #11 triangle ID badge!!!!

"I'm happy you're happy. Eat your pie."

9/13/2017 6:44 pm  #6

Have we ever figured out where the fire took place?  We saw it on the news in Requiem, but I don't remember seeing or hearing mention of where it was supposed to be. 

9/13/2017 9:01 pm  #7

Hi Brittany -  I don't think that was ever explained other than what we were shown - a fire in what looked like a townhouse or a house amid a tightly packed row of houses, "downtown".  Which surprised some of us when Requiem was shown, as there was an idea that the fire started in a remote area.  Then again its Kate's memory.  And there were things in that episode that did not make sense.  Although some has been explained by just errors (or so the writers said), some of it remains.  

I just finished re-watching the next to last episode where Kate makes a deal with Julian Gale (the second Julian incidentally in that episode) to testify against the task force and Red.  She says she has been Red's cleaner and confidante for 30 years which would make it 1987.  In Requiem she doesn't appear to meet him until around 1993 or thereabouts.  another mystery.....

Last edited by lara1 (9/13/2017 9:01 pm)

9/13/2017 9:04 pm  #8

Thanks, Lara1.  I didn't think I had missed anything, but it's hard to tell sometimes.   

As for the 30 years thing, I know that has been mentioned before in other places.  I just figure they are lazy and round up to the nearest multiple of five like I do.  

9/13/2017 10:09 pm  #9

Brittany - that could be.  I think there was another scene where Kate talked about 30 years to someone else as well.  Yet, then we have a closeup of a toe tag in the morgue, with a date on it.  Hard to connect the dots!  

9/13/2017 11:32 pm  #10

I think Kate knew him before she officially went to work for him.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

9/14/2017 8:17 am  #11

I had wondered that too, but when I went back to watch Requiem again, she says "I don't know you" when he asks her to work for him.   Unless she was somehow working for him unknowingly prior to that point and he told her about it later on.

9/14/2017 4:39 pm  #12

Honey West, I thought that as well, but she specifically says she was his cleaner for 30 years.  Implying she worked for him not just knew him.  But of course that doesn't make sense except in the Rederina world.  Or, she worked for him before he was "Reddington".  Fuel for general imposter theory.

Kate said to Red repeatedly that she knew all of his secrets.  Implies something very big.  Of course we don't know what she meant!  

9/14/2017 11:43 pm  #13

lara1 wrote:

Honey West, I thought that as well, but she specifically says she was his cleaner for 30 years.  Implying she worked for him not just knew him.  But of course that doesn't make sense except in the Rederina world.  Or, she worked for him before he was "Reddington".  Fuel for general imposter theory.

Kate said to Red repeatedly that she knew all of his secrets.  Implies something very big.  Of course we don't know what she meant!  

They have said that the "inconsistencies" in Requiem will all make sense in the end. I guess we just have to trust it will all work out.

“I am exactly who I am. And I can assure you, I’m a far more interesting Raymond Reddington than Raymond Reddington ever was."

10/07/2017 9:21 am  #14

Red told Liz back in one of the earlier seasons that Katarina believed Liz's father to be dead after the fire and that was why she walked into the ocean.  We see the Katarina hallucination in Cape May talk about 'him' dying and how things went so wrong so fast.  These are both Red's versions of the story.  In Requiem, we see Katarina talk about how she pulled away from Red and he didn't take it well.  After the fire, she brings Masha to Kate, and alludes to Masha having done/caused something but doesn't say what.  She tells her that 'he was a bad man" and leaves it at that.  We never hear Katarina say Raymond is dead.  We see her instruct Kate to take Masha to a man that both she and Red trusted.  If she had believed him to be dead, would it have mattered that Masha went to someone both of them trusted? Why not just someone she trusted?  KR said she didn't know who fathered Masha.  Did Red give her proof before the fire and she thought she was honoring his memory?  Did they talk after the fire, therefore she knew he wasn't dead? 

10/07/2017 12:39 pm  #15

Brittany, I had posted a while back before you were here that I felt like they had to have discussed it because of the way she worded it. I don't think Red died the night of the fire. Red also confirmed to Liz when she was recalling her only memories of the fire in Berlin that her father pulled her out of the flames. He said yes.
There were a lot of people there Kr said. He might have pulled Liz out and feel down again and Kr was unable to move him. They might at that point Quickly agreed that she should go to Sams for safety and she may have thought he was dead at that point but he made it out. 
I have a ton of thoughts about this!  But  RL is calling me!

10/07/2017 12:50 pm  #16

I used to think KR had thought Red had died, but after Requiem I started to wonder especially because the KR hallucination was his perspective.  Do you think Liz shot Red or someone else?  I’ve wondered if she had shot him and ran back to her hiding spot and in the panic of her possibly dying in the fire he was able to stagger down the hall enough to get her out and to her mother before collapsing (Liz sees him laying in the floor with his back on fire, correct?). And more importantly,  who saved him?

Eastcoast wrote:

Brittany, I had posted a while back before you were here that I felt like they had to have discussed it because of the way she worded it. I don't think Red died the night of the fire. Red also confirmed to Liz when she was recalling her only memories of the fire in Berlin that her father pulled her out of the flames. He said yes.
There were a lot of people there Kr said. He might have pulled Liz out and feel down again and Kr was unable to move him. They might at that point Quickly agreed that she should go to Sams for safety and she may have thought he was dead at that point but he made it out. 
I have a ton of thoughts about this!  But  RL is calling me!

Last edited by Brittany (10/07/2017 1:03 pm)

10/07/2017 4:31 pm  #17

I feel like the more I learn about the fire the less I know.

Eastcoast, I took that line from Red to mean that the only memory Liz had if her father was if him pulling her from the flames, not that he actually did so. Then Red told Liz in Season 4 that he did the memory wipe to hide the nemory of her killing her father.  So maybe the memory of her father saving her was meant to help erase the real memory?

10/07/2017 6:40 pm  #18

lara1 wrote:

I feel like the more I learn about the fire the less I know.

Eastcoast, I took that line from Red to mean that the only memory Liz had if her father was if him pulling her from the flames, not that he actually did so. Then Red told Liz in Season 4 that he did the memory wipe to hide the nemory of her killing her father. So maybe the memory of her father saving her was meant to help erase the real memory?

LOL  I was just going to write the more we find out about the fire, the less I know.

10/07/2017 7:01 pm  #19

I also have to remind myself that the memories are unreliable so I can be totally off base. .  Dr Orchard said so.   And Liz was 4.  Ugh.  Someone needs to give her the truth alreadyz

10/08/2017 2:39 am  #20

On another note, I've tried to screenshot the news coverage of the house on fire in Requiem, to compare it to the house that Red blows up, back in season one.  There's a few similarities--such as the matching gables, and also a similar porch structure--but in typical Blacklist fashion, there's also enough features that aren't comparable to be conclusive; the house that gets blown up appears larger, and has more space around it.  What you can see on the news footage though, is enough to see that it's not The Summer Palace. 

I suspect that when everything is said and done--hopefully far, far down the road--we'll either find out Red had half a dozen families, and a dozen houses--or, all the puzzle pieces overlap, and it'll be something so simple and so obvious, that we all go OH!  

Board footera